• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
By Portal Admin - 25th May 2019 - Back to News
Newborough’s passionate netballers, tennis players and paintballers are one step closer to a fantastic new facility, thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing officially broke ground at Monash Reserve where 10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion is to be constructed, made possible by $3 million from the Community Sports Infrastructure Fund – Female Friendly Facilities.
The courts will be used by more than 800 players in the Moe and District Netball Association and the Newborough Tennis Club.
All the courts will be lit to competition-standard, significantly extending the time they can be used for training or competition.
The new pavilion will feature female friendly player and umpire change rooms as well as accessible facilities. It will also be home to the Adrenalin Paintball Club clubhouse which was previously on the site.
Construction will be undertaken by local firms, providing a welcome boost to local jobs and the economy.
The Labor Government is dedicated to promoting sport and active recreation, gender equality and encouraging all Victorians to get out and get active.
More than $630 million has been invested in community sport and recreation facilities across Victoria since 2014.
Ms Shing acknowledged Latrobe City Council for their $110,000 contribution and role in leading the planning and overall management of this project, and the Federal Government for their $800,000 contribution.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing
"Facilities like Monash Reserve are an important hub for this community. Newborough’s residents deserve excellent facilities they can be proud of."
"I’m sure the netball, tennis and paintball clubs will embrace the new facilities when they are complete, so they can welcome more players, train harder and compete at the top level."
Quote attributable to the Director of the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation, Dr Bridie O’Donnell
"By building new female change rooms and boosting the number of women in leadership roles in sport and recreation, we’re levelling the playing field for women and girls."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Funding Extension for Council’s Rural Access Program
Support for disability with Building Inclusive Communities ‘Rural Access’ Program.
- Funding Helps Seal the Deal
Round two for multiple local road projects.
- More Funding Announced For Environment Volunteers in Eastern Victoria
Opening of the 2019-2020 Victorian Landcare Grant.
- Boosting Community Safety in Traralgon
Funding for the Traralgon Reserves and Pathways Lighting Improvements project announced.
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- Great Local Ideas Secure Funding Through Pick My Project
vital funding through Pick My Project
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Continued Boost for Youth Crime Prevention
More funding to a vital youth crime prevention program.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Latrobe Boost to Emergency Ambulance Arrivals
Data shows Ambulance arrtival at the scene of emergencies two minutes quicker in the March quarter.
- Road Safety Boost for Mirboo North Primary School
Improving safety around Mirboo North Primary School and Mirboo North Secondary School with electronic speed signs.
- Newborough Bulldogs Score Upgraded Lighting
Newborough Bulldogs gets a funding boost.
- Road Safety Boost for Sale Specialist School
Improving safety around the Sale Specialist School with electronic speed signs.
- Road Safety Boost for Lakes Entrance School
Introduction of electronic speed signs to improve safety around St Brendan’s Primary School in Lakes Entrance.
- Road Safety Boost for Bass Coast Schools
Improvements for kids and families' safety around Inverloch/Kongwak Primary School and Newhaven College.
- Liberal Nationals to Boost Language and Literacy for Vulnerable Kids
Elected Liberal Nationals Government will target early language and literacy programs.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- $1.66 Million Specialist Skills Boost for Federation Training
Access to cutting edge training for local Yallourn TAFE students soon!
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Country Victoria set for $30 million connectivity boost under the Liberal Nationals
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Morwell Rose Garden Festival Funding
A $100,000 Federal Government funding to expand the Morwell Rose Garden Festival.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.