• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
By Portal Admin - 26th March 2019 - Back to News
A new tourism campaign will encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next day trip, overnight visit or longer stay, as the community continues to manage ongoing fires and the recovery effort.
Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Martin Pakula visited Cannibal Creek Vineyard today to launch the new tourism brand for Gippsland- GIPPS all kinds of wonder LAND.
Despite the impact of the bushfires and the persistent drought and dry conditions, Gippsland is open for business and ready to welcome visitors.
One of the region’s most popular destinations, Wilsons Promontory, will reopen to the public from tomorrow, Jindivick is set to host the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival at the end of the month and work has commenced to return the Gippsland Lakes to an iconic recreational fishing destination.
The Andrews Labor Government is investing $3.2 million to help Destination Gippsland promote the region and provide visitors with more opportunities to explore all that the region has to offer.
The new campaign led by Visit Victoria and Destination Gippsland, will showcase the region’s hidden attractions, food and wine experiences and lesser known areas from historic towns and lush vineyards to pristine beaches and alpine forests.
The campaign will build on the success of Visit Victoria’s Your Happy Space and Wander Victoria campaigns which feature key destinations including Mt Baw Baw and Walhalla.
The Gippsland region welcomed 5.4 million visitors in the year ending September 2018, who spent $907 million in the region.
The Labor Government has committed to growing Victoria’s visitor economy to $36.5 billion by 2025 and is investing in a range of tourism initiatives designed to grow and enhance the liveability of regional communities. The GIPPS all kinds of wonder LAND campaign will launch in April 2019 and continue through until June 2020.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Martin Pakula
"The Gippsland community has faced many challenges including bushfires over summer and it’s vital that we give them all the support we can."
"There are so many great experiences waiting to be discovered in Gippsland. That’s why we’re investing in this new campaign to showcase all that the region has to offer."
Quote attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"Gippsland is a region that has it all – natural and cultural brilliance, a foodie’s paradise, and some of the warmest hospitality you’ll ever experience – and we can’t wait to see more visitors discover all that’s on offer."
Quote attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Jane Garrett
"Regional communities rely on tourism and the economic benefit it generates – that’s why it’s so important that we support local tourism operators and promote the Gippsland region."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Gippsland’s Leading Food and Fibre Organisations to Amalgamate
New entity supports Gippy food and fibre sectors
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- Sale Showgrounds Open and Water Tower Redevelopment Happening
New amenities and recreation building at the Sale Showgrounds is now open.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Nominations Open for 65th Victorian Training Awards
Nominations now open for the 65th Victorian Training Awards
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Extra Rehabilitation Beds for Victorian Youth
New youth residential rehabilitation facility to be established in Gippsland.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Armistice Street Theatre Performances to Recognise the End of World War I
New free street theatre performance to recognise the 100 year anniversary of the signing of the Armistice.
- Capital Works Coming Up
New footpath in Wonthaggi and drainage improvements in San Remo and Inverloch this month.
- Footpath and Bus Shelter on the Go
New footpath and bus shelter along Bayview Avenue in Inverloch this January.
- Grantville Gets Information Upgrade
New information shelter works starting 29 March.
- Small Business Experts Head for Moe
Access to relevant, reliable and affordable information on growing the business at workshops to be held in October for small businesses in the Moe are.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Free Text Books for Secondary School Students
Promise of new free textbooks for secondary schoold students if the Nationals get elected.
- Building Upgrades at Wonthaggi Primary School
Important new works for the Wonthaggi Primary School soon!
- Advocating for Two Priority Pools
$60 million wanted for two Aquatics projects: A new pool for Phillip Island and the redevelopment of the Bass Coast Aquatic Centre in Wonthaggi.
- Gippy’s Leading Food and Fibre Orgs to Merge
Agribusiness Gippsland and the East Gippsland Food Cluster set to amalgamate in early 2019 to support Gippsland’s important $7bn food and fibre industry.