• Add My News • Search Old News
Peter Walsh MP:
No Plan, No Money for Regional Victoria Under Labor
Premier blows the budget on metro projects, but no plans for Regional Victoria.
By Portal Admin - 8th June 2019 - Back to News
Daniel Andrews’ latest State Budget confirms he is a Premier with no plan and no money for Regional Victoria.
Under Daniel Andrews, Regional Victoria is being robbed of funds while the Premier blows the budget on metro projects.
Now we know why Daniel Andrews hid his horror budget from Regional Victorians before the Federal Election:
- Labor has axed the $1 billion Regional Growth Fund – there is now no dedicated grants investment program for regional Victoria
- Labor introduced more new taxes, despite dodgy Dan’s promise to voters of no new or increased taxes
- There’s no funding to replace the slow, old, unreliable VLine trains for passengers on the Warrnambool, Swan Hill, North East and Bairnsdale lines
- There’s no funding to expand rail services for the people of Mildura, Horsham and Hamilton
- There no funding for the desperately needed Swan Hill Hospital
- There’s no funding for the Mildura South Sporting Precinct
- There’s no funding to complete the $260 million Shepparton bypass, despite the Federal Coalition providing $208 million
- There’s no contribution to complete the Princes Hwy works
- There’s no funding to complete upgrades at schools including Shepparton, Warracknabeal, Benalla, Bairnsdale, Baimbridge, Korumburra, Foster, Kyabram, Cohuna and more.
Daniel Andrews likes to say he’s ‘delivering for all Victorians’ but that’s just not true if you live in Regional Victoria.
Labor has starved regional communities of funds ever since they came to office and this year’s State Budget is no different.
As well as axing the Regional Growth Fund – the $1 billion dedicated regional investment program – Daniel Andrews has also slashed Regional Development Victoria’s base funding which will mean program closures and job losses in regional communities.
The program successfully helped businesses to move to Regional Victoria, like bringing more than 200 jobs to Maryborough when True Foods relocated, and invested in important community assets like the Mildura Riverfront Precinct. Where will these funds come from now?
Regional Victoria is perfectly placed to welcome population growth, but Daniel Andrews simply doesn’t have a plan for decentralisation.
Our farmers have been shunned with no money for council rates relief for drought-affected farmers, no commitment to a rural crime squad, a $48 million cut to the Agriculture Budget and a $2.8 million cut to agriculture R&D.
The only thing Regional Victoria can take some comfort in is the return of the Federal Liberal Nationals Government – a government that thankfully does have an exciting vision for decentralisation and plans that will support and grow our regional communities.
While Daniel Andrews starves the regions, the Federal Liberal Nationals Government is delivering by investing billions into critical projects like the Rail Revival, water and irrigation projects, Swan Hill’s hospital, Shepparton’s bypass, Gippsland’s Princes Hwy and more.
The difference between these governments could not be more stark.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Regional Skate Park Plans Shift
Expert's opinion on the Regional Skate Park and Playspace.
- Planning for Wonthaggi’s Future
Updated Wonthaggi North East Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) and Development Contributions Plan (DCP) for community viewing available in April.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Liberal Nationals’ plan to drive growth in Victorian agriculture
Liberal Nationals Government will grow Victoria’s agriculture and food industries if elected this
- Minister, Labor’s Regional Cuts Are Nothing to be ‘Proud’ of
Minister was proud in cutting the Regional Growth Fund.
- Dedicated Regional Fund Must Continue
1 billion of investment to Regional Victoria to expire on June 30.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Labor’s Sham Plantation Plan
Bogus plantation timber plan.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- Labor Fails on Plantation Pledge
Failed promised investment in timber plantations.
- Country Victoria set for $30 million connectivity boost under the Liberal Nationals
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
- Labor Forgets Victoria’s Most vulnerable
Government has forgotten the state’s most vulnerable.
- Eastern Victoria Locals Urged to Take Care on Quad Bikes
A renewed call for vigilance on and around all-terrain vehicles or quad bikes.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- High-Speed Regional Rail
Peter Walsh's letter to the editor.
- Grants Help Eastern Victoria Music Venues Be Good Neighbours
Good Music Neighbours applications, now open!
- Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
- Road Management Plan Adopted
Improved accessibility, safer roads for both vehicles and pedestrians with new road management plan.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Daniel Andrews on Standby as Country Victoria Loses Population
No action on shocking decline in Regional Victoria’s population.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- More Rehab Beds for Young Victorians
More support for young regional Victorians with a new youth residential rehab facility.
- Labor Not Putting Locals First
Rural and regional communities gets second place for project support.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Bad Old Days' already here under Daniel Andrews
Regional Victoria has already been left behind.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Daniel Andrews’ Budget Delay Good for Labor, Bad for Victorians
Shameful delay in State Budget.
- Labor isn’t Listening to Disability Sector’s Call for Change
Labor’s State Budget has no vision for disability sector.
- Renters to Benefit from Labor’s Solar Panels Plan
Inclusion of more Victorians in a half-price solar panels rollout.
- Labor Won’t Make Rates Fair for Farmers
If elected a Liberal Nationals Government wil make rates fair for farmers, prioritising an
independent review into farm rates in Victoria.
- Labor Must Finally Provide Drought-Stricken Farmers with Rates Relief
Clamor for rates relief.
- Labor Won’t Rule Out Further Cuts to Timber Availability
5000 hectares available for harvesting timber.
- Labor Set To Hike Liquor Fees By 25 Per Cent
More expensive drink with 25 per cent hike in liquor licence.
- Guide Park Concept Plan
Feedback are welcome on concept plan to uprade Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- Bath states Labor must Reject Alberton Wind Farm
Community concerns regarding the Alberton Wind Farm
- Farmers’ Market Support Program to return: only under Liberal Nationals
An elected Liberal Nationals Government plans to bring back the Farmers’ Market Support
Program axed by Labor.
- Get Screened To Reduce the Impact of Cancer in Eastern Victoria Region
Get yourselves and your loved ones screened.
- Feedback Wanted for Updated Guide Park Plan
Your opinion wanted on plan for the playspace at Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- One-Stop-Shop for TAFE Jobs in Eastern Victoria
A place for industry experts in Victoria's TAFE sector.