Latrobe Local News:
Voucher Program Supports Businesses
Council’s Business Support Voucher program to help local businesses.
By Portal Admin - 8th November 2020 - Back to News
Latrobe City Council is encouraging businesses to apply for Council’s Business Support Voucher program to access local services, advice and expertise, all the while helping other local businesses.
The program assists businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 by helping business-people to learn more about the professional services available in Latrobe City, build networks, and to enable key personnel to think strategically and work on the business, not just in the business.
"The vouchers present the ideal opportunity for business-people to gain access to ideas and information that will help their business through the COVID pandemic and be stronger as we start our economic recovery," Latrobe City Council Chief Executive Officer Steven Piasente said.
"The vouchers can only be used at businesses within Latrobe City and in turn, this helps business-people to become more aware of the services available locally and to contribute financially to these service-providers, now and possibly post-COVID as well."
The Business Support Vouchers can be used by businesses to access such local services as human resources services, financial services, media and digital services, marketing and communications, business coaching, legal services, and occupational health and safety.
The voucher program is part of the second phase of Latrobe City Council’s Business and Community Support and Recovery Package.
To be eligible for a voucher, applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be based within the municipality of Latrobe City.
Applications are now being accepted until Friday 27 November and can be made online: https://www.latrobe.vic.gov.au/Home/Business/Support_for_Business/Local_Business_Voucher_Program
Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis and applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within five business days. Applicants are encouraged to read the guidelines carefully.
For more information, phone Council’s Business Development team 1300 367 700 or email email@example.com
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Business Adaptation Grants program has been extended.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- 2021 Victorian Youth Parliament Program Applications Now Open
Youth Parliament program to encourage youth in raising awareness on important issues.
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Eastern Victorian businesses going digital for Covid normal
Launch of the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- Supporting the Landcare Jobs that Protect Eastern Victoria’s Environment
8.967 million to support the Victorian Landcare Program and environmental volunteering.
- Government called upon to support local businesses – Northe
A call for the Government for a commitment that all goods, services and contracts are not taken away from regional businesses.
- Supporting our local creative sector and workers
Local creative workers, collectives and small businesses working in all creative fields are called out to explore Creative Victoria’s 2021 grants programs.
- Latrobe City Council supports hydrogen industry
Council project that would help support in the city’s economy.
- No Support for Cellar Doors Closed for Coronavirus Shutdowns
No business support for family-run cellar doors.
- Northe calls for greater support for regional small businesses
Queries about small businesses that has not been answered by the government.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
- Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
14 Million in funds through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) to enable volunteer organisations.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Ramping up support for local sports infrastructure
Government to help improve the wellbeing outcomes and participation of communities through high-quality recreation infrastructure.
- Sole Trader Support Fund Applications Now Open
Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
- Small business support
Threat of more lockdowns continues to decimate business confidence.
- Latrobe funding helps Bass Coast businesses grow
Grants available for small local businesses, applications are now being accepted.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- New Business Penalties and Rules raise concern
Strong penalties and rules that now apply for booking arrangements in Regional Victoria.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- New mental health jobs and support for the Latrobe Valley
Postgraduate nurses for mental health scholarship being appreciated.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Regional Travel Scheme Launched
Regional Travel Voucher Scheme launched with first 40,000 vouchers valued at $200 each available to be redeemed for travel between Saturday, 12 December 2020 and Friday, 22 January 2021.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Northe Continues Call for Sole-Trader Support
Wanted: support for local businesses currently excluded from the Victorian Business Support Fund.
- Local Festivals and Events go Digital
Activities will be supported through the Government’s Multicultural Festivals and Events program, encouraging 148 community organisations across Victoria to get creative and move their events online.
- Preparing our community for emergencies
Government program that will help with the community preparedness for emergencies.