• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
Are You Ready To Get All Revved Up?
Latrobe City’s inaugural motorsport celebration event - Latrobe Motorfest.
By Portal Admin - 26th December 2019 - Back to News
The smell of high octane fuel will be in the air as engines get ready to rev ahead of the Latrobe City’s inaugural motorsport celebration event – ‘Latrobe Motorfest’.
Motor enthusiasts will head to Morwell on Sunday 2 February where all makes, models and vintages will be on display at this family friendly and alcohol free event.
The traditional show will feature historic, classic and modern vehicles and motorcycles along with the ‘torque’ of the town, motard and postie bike racing.
Latrobe City Council have been working in partnership with Gippsland Social Motorcycle Club and Hartwell Motorcycle Club to create a new event aimed at showcasing motorsport in our region that will be fast paced, energetic and full of activities for all ages.
Set to be one of the dates on the motor enthusiast’s calendar, Latrobe Motorfest 2020 will offer a full schedule including a car and bike show, live music, kids activities and food trucks. The maiden event will be held at the Mid Valley Shopping Centre Carpark.
The Latrobe Motorfest is proudly supported by Latrobe City Council, spokes.com.au, Gippsland Social Motorcycle Club Inc, Hartwell Motorcycle Club, Traralgon 4WD Centre, Mid Valley Shopping Centre, TRFM, Kidsque Nation, Food Truck Carnival and Millers Plumbing.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Getting Ready for Three-Year-Old Kinder in Eastern Victoria
Support for new teachers from the landmark roll-out of funded Three-Year-Old Kinder.
- Get Fire Ready with Fee-free Green Waste Disposal
Annual fee-free green waste disposal period will be held from Saturday, 2 November until Sunday, 24 November.
- Getting Ready to Play Ball
Near completion of Wonthaggi’s three court, multi-sport stadium.
- Getting Eastern Victorian Children Ready for School and Beyond
More than 28,000 children to benefit from a $160 million School Readiness Funding initiative.
- Get Informed About Grants
Applications are now open for Round One of Bass Coast Shire Council’s 2020 Community Grants Program.
- Outdoor Pools Ready to Make a Splash
Seasonal outdoor pools at Yallourn North and Moe are ready for another summer.
- Latrobe City Mentors Donate 6,800 Hours to Local Learners
Latrobe City Mentors will provide 6,800 hours supervising local learner drivers with its 10-year anniversary.
- Latrobe City Law Enforcement Special Olympics Torch Run
Special Olympics Torch Run Tour to Latrobe City by Victoria Police and Special Olympics Australia.
- Latrobe City Traffic School Hosts Gippsland Bike Ed Challenge
Regional championship at the Latrobe City Traffic School in Morwell.
- Latrobe Valley Residents Paint the Town Proud
Newly transformed public places across the Latrobe Valley for resident to enjoy.
- Yallourn Golf Club Ready for Gippsland Super 6
Yallourn Golf Club all set for Gippsland Super 6 PGA Tournament.
- Latrobe City Welcomes our Newest Citizens
Newly naturalised Australian citizens from countries including Italy, Russia, Iran, Sri Lanka and the Philippines, warmly welcomed at Latrobe City Councils second Citizenship Ceremony.
- Latrobe City Relocates Emergency Relief Centre Servicing Displaced East Gippsland Residents
Opening of an Emergency Relief Centre at the Morwell Recreation Reserve to assist East Gippsland Shire during the bushfire emergency.
- Boys Get Emotional with The Man Cave
The Man Cave: empower boys to become great men.
- Latrobe City Council Appoints New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Dan Clancey elected as Mayor and Cr Alan McFarlane as deputy.
- Latrobe City Assists Displaced East Gippsland Residents
Support escalated with the opening of an Emergency Relief Centre at the Morwell Recreation Reserve, Travers Street Morwell.
- Latrobe City Showcase Defence Capabilities
70 businesses discussed supplier partnership opportunities with Rheinmetall Defence Australia.
- Latrobe City say ‘Thanks for the hand’
Volunteers received a special gift to acknowledge the contribution they make to the community.
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club
Hazelwood Power Station closure.
- Experts Appointed to Run Traralgon Youth Rehab Beds
New youth residential rehabilitation service in the Latrobe Valley to run by alcohol and other drug support agencies.
- Skate Parks Ready to Ride
New completed skate parks at Cowes, Grantville and Corinella.
- Cowes to Get Cultural Centre Upgrade
$19 million committed to rebuild the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre.
- Black Spot Work Ready to Start
Road safety improvement works with Black Spot Program.
- Safe & Strong Latrobe Executive Leadership Forum
Focus on gender equality and prevention of family violence in the business sector at Latrobe Executive Leadership forum.
- New Blue Gum Plantation Ready to Bloom
Timber plantation on crown land in the Latrobe Valley already completed.
- Works Commence at Latrobe Creative Precinct
Latrobe Creative Precinct excavation works commencing on site this week.
- Smile Squad to Visit Latrobe Valley Kids from Term One
Free dental program is rolled out to more schools in term by Smile Squad one next year.
- More Lifesaving Projects to Get Underway Around Gippsland
Lifesaving road safety infrastructure projects continues next year.
- Mayor’s Event to Benefit Youth
YES Youth Hub Mayoral Benefit at the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre this October.
- Free Tafe Graduates at Tafe Gippsland Ready for Work
Free TAFE students from TAFE Gippsland have graduated from their courses.
- Defence Sector Prospects for Latrobe City
Business delegation led to Latrobe City Council showcasing the specialist business and industry expertise available in Latrobe City connected to the defence sector.
- Garden Talent in Full Bloom in Latrobe City
Gardening skills of Latrobe City residents recognised at the Latrobe City Garden Competition awards night.
- W-League Soccer to be Showcased in Latrobe City
Latrobe City hosts elite level women’s soccer at the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium, Morwell between Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers.
- Recreation Projects Get Going
Total of over $2.5 million awarded for recreation projects at last Wednesday’s Council Meeting.
- Brown Coal to Produce Hydrogen in Latrobe Valley
Pilot project launched at the Loy Yang Power Station where J-Power Latrobe Valley Pty Ltd (J-Power) to produce hydrogen from brown coal.
- Driving Better Car Parking Across the Latrobe Valley
Investment on new free car parks for the Latrobe Valley: Moe added to the Regional Car Park’s Fund.
- New Home for the Voice of Latrobe
Latrobe Health Advocate moves into a new home in Morwell CBD.
- Ballet under the Stars Comes to the Latrobe Valley
Australian Ballet’s free outdoor gala event Ballet Under the Stars will visit the Latrobe Valley.
- Brancourts Closure a Blow for the Latrobe Valley
Tough times for 30 local employees of Brancourts’ Traralgon processing plant.