Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
Unanimously adopted at Council's meeting last night, the priorities provide a framework for Council to plan and deliver targeted advocacy to State and Federal Governments for investment in projects that enhance our Shire's liveability and secure our future as a thriving, innovative region.
Council's advocacy efforts will be structured under three tiers in order of priority, project readiness and community impact
Tier One advocacy priorities are large-scale, long-term projects with significant inter-generational impact on the region. Four Tier One key advocacy priorities for 2021/22 are:
Baw Baw civic precinct
An inter-generational legacy project that aspires to build on existing spaces and infrastructure surrounding the West Gippsland Arts Centre and Civic Park by integrating new civic and community spaces, improving open spaces and maximising opportunities for community connectedness - including a new library, multi-purpose and community meeting spaces, Council customer and visitor service, rooftop community garden, public toilets, car parking and pedestrian links.
Warragul and Drouin bypass
Addressing historical road network challenges that see major arterial roads and agricultural routes run through the centre of both Warragul and Drouin's CBD area. These challenges result in traffic congestion at peak times, inefficient agricultural routes, and limited private commercial investment in town centres with many retail premises being vacant and prime commercial land remaining undeveloped.
Rokeby to Neerim Trail Extension
Extension of the existing Rokeby to Neerim Trail by a further 10kms to the north creating a link to one of Baw Baw's key historic tourism destinations, Noojee. A potential south bound extension from Rokeby to Warragul would link the trail to the largest township.
Logan Park Cycling Centre of Excellence
Developing the well-established and successful cycling hub into a functional, fit-for-purpose contemporary regional cycling centre that meets the core cycling sport facility specifications whilst also promoting community use - including criterium circuit with various circuit lengths, municipal level competition BMX track, cyclo-cross course with obstacles and improved spectator facilities.
Tier Two advocacy priorities are medium-to-large-scale projects in strategic alignment with regional, state and federal plans. Six Tier Two key advocacy priorities for 2021/22 are:
- Sealing of South Face Road - Tourist route to Mt Baw Baw
- Longwarry Sporting Precinct
- Gippsland Regional Events Fund
- Erica Mountain Bike Hub
- Longwarry land rezoning (for industrial development)
- Baxter Park Soccer Precinct
Projects are in a strong position to receive funding with preliminary planning and design works either underway or completed.
Tier Three advocacy priorities are other projects and initiatives endorsed by Council that align with Council's vision and planning for the future. Projects are included in strategic forward-planning documents such as the Long-Term Infrastructure Plan and Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy.
Council advocacy priorities
Council will align advocacy priorities aligned closely to other key regional, state and federal plans to maximise opportunities presented by budget and electoral cycles. Advocacy priorities will be reviewed annually. The strategic framework for Council's advocacy activities forms part of council's four-pillar draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025 which will soon be presented to council for endorsement.
Advocacy for a new hospital in West Gippsland also remains one of the council's key focus areas. While this is not a project in council's jurisdiction to deliver, it is well understood and acknowledged by council and the community that the existing hospital is no longer able to keep up with regional growth and demand.
The advocacy to the state government for significant investment towards a new hospital at a greenfield site is being continually progressed in parallel to the council's newly adopted advocacy priorities.
Bringing community's needs to the attention
Mayor Cr Danny Goss said, "Council has a great responsibility to be the voice for our community and fight for the best outcomes for our region. With clear priorities set, we now turn our effort to bringing our community's needs to the attention of state and federal government ministers and departments. It's our time to have a seat at the tables that matter."
"Starting immediately, we begin our campaign to strengthen strategic partnerships and focus on building networks that benefit the community. We simply can't do this alone. We also call on our local action groups and leaders to join us on this journey. Through this holistic approach, we can place ourselves in a prime position to attract more investment into our region and create a better Baw Baw for now and the next generations to follow." Cr Danny Goss said.
Local voice is extremely important
Cr. Joe Gauci said, "Advocacy is arguably one of the most important roles of a Local Council. It's how we raise the profile of key projects important for our community and how we obtain funding to deliver them."
"This advocacy plan is a clear, strategic plan that clearly outlines the key projects and priorities that Council has control over. Each Tier outlined in the plan provides an overview of the key projects in terms of their priority and impact on the community."
"This advocacy plan provides clear direction for the council moving forward. In turn we aim to ensure we have the community and community groups actively endorsing these projects, as the local voice is extremely important in the council's advocacy plan's moving forward." Cr. Joe Gauci said.
For more information, please visit advocacy priorities.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: email@example.com
- Community invites to attend updates on major priorities for Victorian and federal government to support in Baw Baw Shire
All members of the Baw Baw Shire community are invited to attend or tune in to an open briefing on Wednesday 11 May which will provide an update on council's ongoing advocacy initiatives.
- Latrobe City major infrastructure and hard waste service expansion gets $40M through 2022/23 capital works program
Investment in major infrastructure and an expansion of hard waste services feature in Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Budget.
- Community led projects funded $590,000 across nearly twenty townships in Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 budget
17 community-requested projects across seven townships will be funded in council's new annual budget as a direct result of community submissions made during the budget consultation process.
- Infrastructure, roads and footpaths prioritised in Baw Baw Shire draft budget 2021/22
Baw Baw Shire community members can look forward to a range of new projects and upgrades over the coming year.
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw creative arts community invited to paint murals for Bellbird Park Recreation Reserve and Drouin Senior Citizens Hall
Members of Baw Baw's creative arts community are invited to submit an expression of interest for the creation and installation of public art pieces that will enhance two community spaces in Drouin.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Community feedback wanted on draft of Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 Annual Budget
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community submissions in response to the recently published draft Annual Budget 2022/23, Long Term Infrastructure Plan, Council Plan Annual Review, Revenue and Rating Plan, and Long Term Financial Plan.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- Baw Baw Shire Mayor Cr Leaney to host community forum about traffic on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Michael Leaney will host a live community forum on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm to discuss council's advocacy efforts to improve the congestion on Warragul and Drouin ageing arterial road network.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Baw Baw Shire gets nearly $3.6M from federal government Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has welcomed $3.5 million in Australian government funding that will see the completion of three significant community infrastructure projects across the Shire.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- Baw Baw community has their questions answered by Mayor Danny Goss over live online Q&A
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire, Councillor Danny Goss hosted a live Facebook Q&A on Tuesday evening to cover all the hot topics our community cares about.
- Applications open for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for environment-related projects
From Tuesday 19 April, community groups and non-profit organisations will be able to apply for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for equipment or environment-related projects.
- Community consultation opens on 4 April 2022 on Baw Baw Shire Council draft asset plan
Council encouraging the community to get involved and send their feedback on the draft Asset Plan the plan.
- Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren get $60,000 each for community projects from Baw Baw Shire Council
Excitement is mounting in Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren after community-led projects received Baw Baw Shire Council endorsement at Wednesday night's meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Community feedback wanted on reducing speed limit on Lynnes Road in Wattle Bank wanted by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing the speed limit on a section of Lynnes Road in Wattle Bank.
- Sarsfield community ecstatic after Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce funds new community hall, playground and other infrastructure from Community Development Grants Program
The East Gippsland community of Sarsfield celebrates the announcement of receiving funds under the Community Development Grants Program to construct new infrastructures.
- Community members needed to join workgroup for $30M Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
Community members are being sought out by the council and are needed to help guide design and delivery of a landmark precinct.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Baw Baw and Latrobe City community organisations share over $1.3 million funding from Shade Grants program
Ensuring the community from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Community feedback open on draft Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022/2030 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking community feedback on the draft Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022 - 2030 to protect and sustain the region's natural environment.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022
Applications are now open for individuals and not-for-profit sporting/community groups for funding through council's Community Sponsorship program for activities that support vibrant social and community outcomes.
- Community sponsorship program for Baw Baw opening in July
Sponsorship and grants for community organisations to assist for the community development.
- Community and business input on draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025 sought by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is currently seeking community and business input on the draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025.
- Community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct wanted from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council seeking community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct, the opportunity is now open for four weeks, closing on Thursday 26 May 2022.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Community feedback wanted on long-term strategic vision for Longwarry in Baw Baw Shire
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking community feedback on a plan that will guide the future growth of Longwarry.
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- Over $14M invested into several key infrastructure projects for 2022/23 by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council's $41.78 million infrastructure budget for the year ahead, $14.32 million will be invested in progressing major strategic projects to build a more sustainable, connected and thriving future for Baw Baw Shire.
- Community invited to attend forum on retaining wall requirements for Baw Baw Shire
Council is set to host a community forum to provide key stakeholders and the wider community with a better understanding of retaining wall requirements across the Shire.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- Baw Baw Shire local roads network improvement gets $11.21M boost in funding for 2022/23 from council
Baw Baw Shire Council's budget investment for local roads improvement.
- Community feedback is being sought by the council on pedestrian and cyclist safety in CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community input about pedestrian and cyclist safety concerns on roads within the CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin.
- Community feedback sought on future industrial land use in Baw Baw Shire
All interested community members are encouraged to attend a community drop-in session to raise any questions and learn more about the project before providing feedback.
- Community Grant recipients in Bass Coast Shire celebrate in $151,2000 of grants
Bass Coast Shire Council distributed $151,200 to 44 community groups on Thursday, for Round Two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- 2021/22 Community Sponsorship Program applications open from Baw Baw Shire Council
Round 2 of Baw Baw Shire Council's 2021/22 Community Sponsorship program is now open for applications.
- Community Assistance Grants of $2,001 to $5,000 now available in Wellington Shire Council
Community groups looking for funding help can apply now for the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- Major disruptions to Melbourne CBD and regional trains with the City Loop to close
Indefinite closure of Melbourne metro's City Loop Network will throw the CBD into chaos at a key moment in the city's recovery.
- Community consultation extended for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Extension community consultation period for the proposed road and drainage improvement program for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Major mixed-use development in Paynesville town centre to give major economy boost
The development in the town centre represents a new era for Paynesville, providing additional commercial floor space and apartment living that will bring new activity and vitality to the town.
- Community feedback on 2022-23 budget submissions for Latrobe City Council closes soon
Community members are encouraged to have their say on Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Draft Budget before submissions close on Tuesday 3 May.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Tracks and Trails Strategy from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council wants to hear from the community on the draft Tracks and Trails Strategy, which has now been released.
- Community feedback wanted on local caravan and camping needs by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback from the community on the caravan and camping options that are available across the region.
- Community feedback on proposed changes to governance rules for Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is looking for community feedback on proposed changes to its Governance Rules.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Social and Affordable Housing Strategy from South Gippsland Council
Council seeks community feedback on draft Social and Affordable Housing Strategy to ensure South Gippslanders can afford a home.
- Community invited to online briefing on Warragul and Drouin preferred neighbourhood character design guidelines
Online open community briefing will be held by the council to present councillors and the community with the draft design guidelines that are proposed to define overall township character and inform planning for future developments.
- Community feedback wanted on draft 2022/23 budget for Bass Coast Shire Council seeks
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to release its Draft 2022/23 Budget for community consultation.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations get Community Infrastructure Grant Program funding from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Community consultation starts for $2M Mallacoota streetscape upgrade
Community consultation to upgrade the Mallacoota streetscape.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Maffra structure plan in Wellington Shire
Council is seeking community feedback for the Maffra structure plan.
- Community assurance in Latrobe City required as AGL Demerger dismissed
Latrobe City Council is calling for community certainty after AGL Energy revoked its demerger plan to split its generator and retailer arms into AGL Australia and Accel Energy.
- Community feedback wanted on proposed sale of Hazelwood House in Churchill to Quantum Support Services by Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council is inviting community feedback on a proposal to sell Hazelwood House in Churchill.
- Feedback wanted on community vision, draft council plan and draft long term financial plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of the community is encouraged to join the community engagement and send their feedback to council's vision for the Baw Baw's future.
- Community feedback wanted for redesign three local playgrounds in Longwarry and Warragul
Council is seeking community feedback to redesign local playgrounds.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Eight major Gippsland businesses get research and advice through the 'Driving Gippsland's Food and Fibre Agenda' program
Gippsland's vital food and fibre sector is set to benefit with seven local businesses selected to participate in a new innovative initiative, backed by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Community feedback wanted on Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates drainage works by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to investigate a potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Community invited to help with recovery committees at Devon North Public Hall on 4 April 2022
In response to severe weather events in June and October last year, Wellington Shire Council is inviting people to form community-led recovery committees in impacted areas of the municipality.
- Andrews Labor government mismanagement of major projects raises red flags to regional Victoria when hosting 2026 Commonwealth Games
Long-term strategic planning of a 2026 Commonwealth Games will be crucial if regional Victoria is to reap the full benefit of infrastructure upgrades and promotional activities that the event will require.
- Community invited to Candlelight Vigil at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre to remember the women and children lost to family violence across
The Candlelight Vigil is an opportunity to come together as a community, reflect and take a stand against family violence.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Turning projects and ideas through the Community Collaboration Program in Wellington Shire
Community is encouraged to share their ideas for community events, activities and projects.
- Local community invited celebrate completion of solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall in Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is inviting the community to celebrate the completion of the solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall this month.
- Community feedback wanted on Communications and Engagement Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing its Communications and Engagement Strategy and wants to hear from the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts 2022/23 budget after acting on community feedback
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted its annual budget for 2022/23 which supports the delivery of over 100 community services and invests $41.78 million into community infrastructure, roads and open spaces.
- Community grants, drop-in sessions feedback and more from South Gippsland Shire Council
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Community to feedback wanted on Urban Forest Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is developing an Urban Forest Strategy, to help ensure Bass Coast's 'urban forest' continues to thrive.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Unlocking Rural Tourism Strategy 2022 by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback on its draft Unlocking Rural Tourism Strategy.
- Local community sporting events can now apply for support through the Regional Sports Events Fund of the federal government
Funding to support local community sporting events is now available through the Federal Government.
- Community feedback wanted on old Mallacoota Kindergarten building being demolished by Wellington Shire Council
With the new kindergarten in Mallacoota now operational, the time has come to decommission and demolish the old building it replaced.
- McNairn Road pedestrian crossing upgrade gets $900,000 funding through Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
The McNairn Road pedestrian crossing will be upgraded thanks to federal government funding.
- Sarsfield community victims of Black Summer bushfires warn people affected NSW and Queensland recent floods of long journey to recovery
Ineffective response to major flood events may lead to public discontent or loss of trust in the authorities or the state and national governments.
- Bass Coast Community Vision 2041 with plan for 2021-25 and financial plan 2021-31 adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is pleased to have adopted the Bass Coast Community Vision 2041, the Council Plan 2021-25 and the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-31 at its Meeting on Wednesday.
- Gippsland Community Leadership Program celebrates more than 25 years of developing regional leaders at Lardner Park
The Gippsland Community Leadership Program (GCLP) celebrated more than 25 years of developing regional leaders on Friday night at Lardner Park in the beautiful Baw Baw Shire.
- Moe Apex Park gets $60,000 lighting upgrades from Victorian Community Safety Infrastructure grant to improve surveillance and visibility
Families and community members can now feel safer while enjoying Moe's community parks, thanks to new lighting funded through the Andrews Labor Government's Community Crime Prevention Program.
- Community survey on the Great Southern Rail Trail - visitation and marketing plan
Have your say through the survey to help guide the council through the development of the Great Southern Rail Trail.
- Community feedback wanted for Warragul and Drouin residential design guidelines that will shape the future look of these towns
All residents are invited to help shape guidelines that will define the overall township character for future developments in Drouin and Warragul.
- Community groups encouraged to apply for last round of bushfire recovery grants from Victoria's Community Facility funding
Applications for this final round of funding will close on June 30, so time is running out.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Sarsfield community shocked over being ruled ineligible for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
Heavily bushfire impacted community had its application for recovery funding under the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program denied without even being assessed.
- Glengarry community invited to discuss updates to flood overlays and drainage on 17 March 2022
In response to community interest, Latrobe City Council will hold a community open house session this week to discuss the proposed planning scheme Amendment C131.
- Netballers now play safely at Tyers Recreation Reserve after upgrade with funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Local netballers will enjoy safer court surfaces at Tyers Recreation Reserve with a major upgrade funded by the Federal Government.
- Labertouche Community Hall gets lovingly restored through the Latrobe Valley Authority,s Community and Facility Fund
Labertouche Community Hall has been lovingly restored with a new roof, ceiling and floor, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- SEED Lakeside Community Garden creator Shae Wilson gets $59,500 federal grant to support social and emotional health
SEED Lakeside Community Garden in Sale will benefit from funding from the Federal Government.
- Proposed community hub for Glenview Park in Traralgon supported by Darren Chester
Gippsland MP Darren Chester is supporting Latrobe City Council's proposal to establish a community hub and purpose built facility for local groups at Glenview Park in Traralgon.
- Local community shapes future plans for vacant land at Rollo Street in Yarragon
Council adopted the Rollo Street, Yarragon Masterplan, a planning document that will guide the future development of a vibrant, new community space.
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Applications open for community grants of up to $10,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Announcement of application dates for the community development grants program.
- Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre on Church Street to be relocated to Blue Gum Reserve on Warley Avenue
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to amend the Blue Gum Reserve Master Plan, to incorporate a new community garden.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- Traralgon and Morwell stations get major upgrades as part of $504M Gippsland railway line funding from Victorian and federal governments
Final designs have been released showcasing the major train station upgrades at Traralgon and Morwell Stations.
- Free adaptable community training in South Gippsland to recover from challenges of 2020
Free workshops for the community to join to help their organisations for more success.
- East Gippsland community grants open for application to 5 August 2022
Community groups and organisations across the shire are being encouraged to consider applying in the latest round of East Gippsland Shire Council's Community Grants Program.
- Latrobe City Community Fun Run 2022 organised by Traralgon Harriers to raise money for Gippsland Rotary Centenary House
The Traralgon Harriers' 24th annual DFP Recruitment Latrobe City Fun Run and Walk held on Sunday, 27 March 2022.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Cunninghame Arm community-driven project in Lakes Entrance boardwalk gets $5.8M federal government funding to make it work for all-abilities
Work to construct an all-abilities boardwalk and shared pathway around the shores of Cunninghame Arm in Lakes Entrance will start this year thanks to $5.8 million in federal government funding.
- Drop-in sessions for 2022/23 community grants in South Gippsland Shire set to open from 1 July 2022
With Community Grants for 2022/23 opening on July 1, our Community Strengthening team is hitting the road to provide advice to the community.
- Heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield gets legal advice on eligibility for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
The heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield has received legal advice about its eligibility for the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program.
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve gets $65,000 funding for upgrade from Baw Baw Shire Council Playground Renewal Program
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community members big and small to share their thoughts and ideas to help redesign a Buln Buln playground.
- Victorian businesses and community organisations can apply for $2,000 grants from COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
The Victorian Government is helping businesses and the community breathe new life into local neighbourhoods as vaccination progressively delivers greater freedoms across the state from Friday.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- Applications open for Community Cricket Program for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5M funding
Applications are open for the next round of the Community Cricket Program that will provide opportunities for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5 million to develop and upgrade cricket facilities across Victoria.
- Strengthening community safety in Moe with 35 new CCTV in CBD
Community members and businesses welcomed the installation of 35 new CCTV cameras in the Moe CBD Precinct.
- Applications open for community groups to plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire
Funding is now available to help community groups plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- Victorian regional infrastructure 2022 election guarantee of 25 percent increase to projects from Liberals and National parties
Opposition Leader Matthew Guy and Leader of The Nationals Peter Walsh have announced today that a Liberals and Nationals government elected in November will implement the nation's first Regional Infrastructure Guarantee.
- Wellington Shire Council seeks community feedback on draft 2022/23 budget
Wellington Shire Council today released its draft 2022/23 budget to the community for public feedback.
- Latrobe City Council encourages community to connect through culture and recognise Cultural Diversity Week
Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to connect through culture this week to recognise Cultural Diversity Week.
- Marlo Angling Club community hall to be upgraded with $336,000 funding from Local Economic Recovery Program
Upgrading the angling club hall for long-term benefit for the community.
- New Mallacoota Community Clubrooms a focal point for township
The new Mallacoota Community Clubrooms were officially opened on Sunday 11 July, providing a purpose-built facility and focal point for the community.
- More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council this week approved more than $110,000 in funding to local community groups for events, projects and facilities, through its Community Assistance Grants program.
- Online climate change community portal launched by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's online climate change community portal has launched, providing locally relevant climate change information to the community.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Erica Country Expo 2022 major success as crowds celebrate good old country fun
Excited visitors and locals have flocked to celebrate the Erica Country Expo, a community-led event and the first of its kind to be held in the local region.
- Cowes Cultural and Community Centre gets $5M federal funding from Building Better Regions Program
Federal Government's Building Better Regions Program, for the construction of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre.
- Misinformation on Coal Creek Community Park Museum dispelled by South Gippsland Shire Council Mayor, Mohya Davies
Mayor Cr Davies dispels misinformation going around Coal Creek Park and Museum.
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- Applications open for community sporting events across the Gippsland from federal Regional Sport Events fund
Sporting events across Monash are set to benefit from the Morrison Government's Regional Sport Events Fund.
- Darnum and Nilma local sporting community celebrate the opening of the female friendly sports pavilion
Members of Darnum and Nilma's local sporting community gathered at the Darnum Recreation Reserve on Saturday to celebrate the official opening of the female friendly sports pavilion.
- Sarsfield and Ensay get $5.9M funding for additional community projects from the Black Summer bushfires program
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says two additional community projects worth $5.9 million will receive funding to support the ongoing recovery from the Black Summer bushfires.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Building of Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park has started
Construction on two of Bass Coast Shire Council's major projects has now officially started, the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 March 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 9 March council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 May 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 25 May council meeting.
- Applications for Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee are open until 18 May 2022
Invitation for the community to send their expression of interest with regards to the Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee.
- Baw Baw Shire Council raises the Pride flag in support of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Baw Baw Shire Council is proud to celebrate the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) and raise the Pride flag in support of inclusivity and diversity.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Dean Sutton joins Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Gippsland Diversity Scholarship funded by AGL Loy Yang
Being his true self and developing his leadership skills was a battle growing up in a small country town and identifying as a gay man.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- Attend Continyou event for free for conversations on community growth, resilience and inspiration at West Gippsland Arts Centre 21 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council to host two inspiring events to promote community resilience at West Gippsland Arts Centre on 21 June 2022.
- Croxon Ramsay architects appointed to design $30M community facility for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A tender to develop detailed designs for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct has been awarded by Council signalling another key step forward with the landmark project.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- Wellington Shire Council adopts Funding and Procurement of Public Infrastructure Works Policy to develop land for housing and provide employment growth
Wellington Shire Council has adopted a policy which will help unlock much-needed residential land in the main urban centres of the municipality.
- Mirboo North Pool reopens with updated facilities from $3.6M low interest loan from Community Sports Infrastructure Loans Victorian government scheme
Mirboo North's updated pool facilities are open in time for summer fun, thanks to a community sports loan from the Victorian Government.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Come to Cowes Cultural and Community Centre community drop-in information session
Information session for the community with regards of the cultural centre redevelopment.
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Funding of $143,836 award to 34 community development grants in Baw Baw Shire
Acknowledging the valuable contributions made by community groups in the shire through the Community Development Grant.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's minutes and agenda on their 22 June 2022 council meeting.
- AusNet Services developing infrastructure to support Gippsland Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council
AusNet Services today presented its plans for developing infrastructure to support Gippsland's Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council.
- Call on Andrews Labor government to partner better on delivering road infrastructure safety improvements in Gippsland by Darren Chester
The safe system approach that is designed to ensure that no crashes need to occur in the future, as we move towards zero road trauma.
- Maffra Play Precinct gets $320,000 upgrade from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Young people in Maffra have an exciting new way to keep active with the completion of the Maffra Play Precinct.
- Latrobe City Council announces community representatives for safety committee
Council announcing the representative of the new community safety committee.
- New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Proud. That's the best way to describe the Tambo Crossing community at the official opening of their new multi-purpose facility last Friday afternoon.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 June 2022
Agendas and minutes of the Baw Baw Shire council meeting held 8 June 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Multi-million for bushfire recovery infrastructure projects is great news for East Gippsland
Funding announcements and grant received from council that would benefit the economy, as well as the community.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- Darren Chester says lack of progress on road safety projects on Princes Highway from Rosedale to New South Wales is frustrating
Local MP Darren Chester has expressed his frustration at the lack of progress on priority road projects in East Gippsland.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 January 2022
Council meeting for the proposed development for the shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Darren Chester welcomes Offshore Electricity Infrastructure Bill to allow large Bass Strait projects with hundreds of local jobs
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has welcomed the introduction of legislation to develop offshore electricity infrastructure with local jobs at stake.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 13 April
Agendas of the council meeting helst Wednesday 13 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 23 February 2022
Council meeting minutes and agendas held on Wednesday, 23 February 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 February 2022
9 February council meeting agenda.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 April 2022
Summary of the council meeting held on 27 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- Come sing with Latrobe Valley Community Choir and our new music director Dr Kevin Cameron
We are excited to be returning to in person rehearsals on Tuesday nights, with our new Music Director Dr Kevin Cameron
- Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project gets $2.5M federal funding to improve pathway to Gippsland water security
The Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project will receive $2.5 million in federal government funding.
- Feedback on Local Law review from community from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling on the community to provide their feedback on the Draft Local Law No. 1 Neighbourhood Amenity 2022.
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- Baw Baw Council Public Art Fund contributes $20,000 to complete Tanjil Bren mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road
The new mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road was officially opened with a local community celebration on Saturday 2nd April 2022.
- Roadside blackberry weed control for Macalister Irrigation District, Gippsland Lakes and Dargo areas in Wellington Shire
Program that reduces the spread of blackberry on the roadsides of Wellington Shire to protect the agricultural resources.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Updates from the ouncil meeting held on 11 May 2022.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- Baw Baw Shire residents can book additional hard waste pick up service to help with Spring cleanup
Additional hard waste collection bookings are now open for Baw Baw Shire residents looking to get their Spring cleaning done and dusted.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- Baw Baw Shire celebrates NAIDOC week with special events from 03 to 10 July 2022
From Sunday 3 July to Sunday 10 July, NAIDOC Week events are happening across Baw Baw Shire to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Andrews Labor government has neglected our country road and bridge infrastructure and cut funding to the bone
Government's plan to cut the speed limit across our country's road network.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Baw Baw Shire kindergarten open days for 2023 have started
Baw Baw families looking to enrol their children in kindergarten for 2023 are invited to attend upcoming Open Days in their township.
- Official opening of Mallacoota community clubrooms by Darren Chester
Sport and recreational facility upgrade that will serve the community for years that also supports and boosts the community and the economy.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- Celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community at Volunteer recognition events hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council
National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community.
- Wellington Council increases grants amount for non-profit community groups up to $6,000 in latest round fro 2022
Wellington Shire Council has made changes to its grants programs to help not-for-profit community groups with rising costs and COVID-19 recovery, and to make the application process easier for volunteers.
- Federal budget to support Gippsland's recovery with a focus on infrastructure spending and cost of living relief for local families
Darren Chester MP welcomes commitment to continue funding major infrastructure projects in Gippsland for local roads, bridges, community facilities and better telecommunication services
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- Multi-use path connecting Erica and Rawson funded nearly $1M by federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Construction works have begun on a new shared-use trail connecting the towns of Erica and Rawson in Baw Baw Shire's far eastern region.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- Family Day Care from Baw Baw Shire Council wins National Service of the Year at Excellence Awards in Canberra
Baw Baw Shire Council's renowned Family Day Care service has been recognised as the National Service of the Year at the Family Day Care Australia Excellence in Family Day Care Awards in Canberra.
- James Reid - Baw Baw Shire Planning Director departs to pursue potentially career-defining project in professional planning
Baw Baw Shire Council Director of Planning and Development James Reid to pursue a role with the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
- Baw Baw Council adopts planning scheme amendment for Drouin CBD
Community feedback sought by the council has helped shape the design and development of Drouin's central business district.
- Tender awarded to Langden Constructions for community facility in Bellbird Park at Drouin
Works on a vibrant multi-use community facility at Drouin's Bellbird Park have achieved a key milestone with the tender awarded to Langden Constructions Pty Ltd and construction scheduled to begin.
- Pop-up program from Baw Baw Shire Council is back and starts 17 March 2022 in Thorpdale
Baw Baw Shire Council's popular Council Pop-up program is back for 2022, taking council and staff on the road to speak to locals where they live.
- Recycled road method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi being used by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is using an innovative method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi, between Broome Crescent and Stewart Street.
- Free composting workshop at Seed Community Garden in Sale on 30 April 2022
A free composting workshop will be held at Seed Community Garden in Sale on Saturday 30 April.
- Rising roads tolls contrast poorly to Andrew Labor government claims of 'over and above targets' on maintenance
The Andrews Labor Government's claims yesterday that it's gone 'over and above its original target' for road maintenance in regional Victoria are little more than a PR offensive that won't wash with country drivers.
- Upcoming Warragul and Drouin design guidelines community consultation sessions to be moved online
Council seeking the community's feedback for the Warragul and Drouin design guidelines.
- Berrys Beach Road renewal in Ventnor gets $400,000 from Victorian government and $25,000 from Bass Coast Council
A section of Berrys Beach Road in Ventnor will be renewed by Bass Coast Shire Council in coming weeks.
- Airfield road in Traralgon to be made safer through federal 2021-22 black spot program
A popular Traralgon road will receive safety upgrades, thanks to the Federal Government.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- A new skate park for Rawson community in Baw Baw Shire
Rawson locals have come together to celebrate the official opening of their new skate park, backed by funding from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Paynesville Slip Road Maritime Precinct on Burrabogie Island upgrade underway with $6.1M funding from Victorian and federal government grants
Paynesville's much-anticipated Slip Road Maritime Precinct project on Burrabogie Island is progressing, with work on an improved design set to begin.
- Tyers Road, Scrubby Lane and Cross's Road intersection in Traralgon improved with $800,000 from federal Targeted Road Safety Works
Busy Traralgon intersection has been redeveloped to improve safety for pedestrians and motorists.
- Bonang Road gets $9M funding for road sealing of federal Roads of Strategic Importance program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says he has been assured that work to complete the sealing of the Bonang Road will be completed within 12 months.
- Bonang Road gets $9M funding for road sealing of federal Roads of Strategic Importance program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says he has been assured that work to complete the sealing of the Bonang Road will be completed within 12 months.
- Harriet Shing announces Longwarry and Thorpdale Recreation Reserves lighting upgrade funded by Baw Baw Council and State government
Local sporting clubs and community groups welcome the official completion of lighting upgrades at the Longwarry and Thorpdale recreation reserves with a ceremonial 'flick of the switch' celebration held at the Longwarry facility on Friday.
- East Gippsland to install 11 EV fast-charging stations with $400,000 from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland is about to roll out the first public electric vehicle (EV) fast-charging network for the region.
- Great Alpine Road and Paynesville Road voted worst regional roads in Victoria in preliminary results
Preliminary results from a state-wide survey show two roads in East Gippsland are in the top three worst regional roads in Victoria.
- Victorian Country roads miss out again as further $24M has been cut from road asset management program
Country roads miss out again, while the regional development budget decimated the hopes of regional Victorians for significant funding contributions.
- Urgent need to invest into neglected and crumbling Victorian regional roads stated in key report from Infrastructure Australia
A new report, released today, makes a mockery of the Victorian Roads Minister's claim that our state's road network is now 'safer and smoother'.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- Sandhill Road Reserve protects endangered Gippsland Red Gum Grassy Woodland vegetation
A project to restore land at Stratford once used for cattle grazing to a nature reserve, is now ready for the public to enjoy thanks to a collaboration between Wellington Shire Council and Avon Landcare Group.
- Feedback needed from Baw Baw Shire residents on how we manage pets and pet owner issues
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on the draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021 - 2025.
- Free film on big screen at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre for Social Inclusion Week
Bass Coast Shire Council has partnered with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
- Nationals alternative roadmap for Victoria and Gippsland to reopen, rebuild and recover out of COVID restrictions delivers certainty and positivity
Victorians are looking for an iron-clad guarantee on the road to reopen, rebuild and recover.
- Applications open for $2,500 to $20,000 grants so local organisations and community groups can join Queen's Jubilee tree planting program
Local organisations and community groups can apply to be a part of the Planting Trees for the Queen's Jubilee program.
- Great Alpine Road State upgrades needs to fast tracked by federal government to ensure road users safety
Gippsland MP Darren Chester has written to the state and federal governments about the urgent need for upgrades along the Great Alpine Road.
- Baw Baw Civic Precinct initial development gets $3.5M funding from Victorian government Growing Suburbs Fund
A landmark community precinct for the people of Warragul is now a step closer to reality, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Applications open for Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations grants from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications are now open for up to $1,000 for Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations Grant.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Place making projects for Nilma North, Tanjil Bren and Tetoora Road to start development
Council has endorsed the 2021/22 Placemaking Program to benefit the smaller townships of Nilma North, Tanjil Bren and Tetoora Road.
- Darren Chester writes to Minister Bridget McKenzie after Sarsfield community shockingly misses out on bushfire recovery funding
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has urged the government to intervene immediately and fix a "farcical situation" which has seen community-led bushfire recovery projects excluded from consideration for recovery grants.
- Voting on Victoria's worst roads to help develop a priority list to give to the Roads Minister encouraged to all Victorian motorists
Interim results of a safety campaign asking drivers to name Victoria's worst road have called out roads in eastern and central Victoria as the most dangerous, but there's still more time to have your say.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets $4.2M bushfire recovery funding for improvement and upgrades
The Buchan Recreation Reserve will receive a $4.2 million facelift after an additional $3 million in bushfire recovery funding was secured this week.
- Omeo Recreation Reserve become temporary camp site as Omeo Caravan Park gets cleaned up after floods
East Gippsland Shire Council backed the establishment of an interim camping site at the Omeo Recreation Reserve.
- Latrobe City Council calls government to back recovery of Traralgon Showgrounds community groups from 2021 storm and flood event
Calling on the State and Federal Governments to back a plan to help community groups based at Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms gets $42,000 for Tesla solar power and batteries from Gippsland Climate Change Network
Installation of energy storage battery at Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms that will help save money on electricity cost and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital to host Mind Australia pop-up community mental health service and cater to Gippsland
Additional funding to support the mental health workforce for better and more accessible services as the Latrobe Regional Hospital to host one of the pop-up community mental health services.
- Expressions of interest open for Baw Baw Shire Council advisory committees until 15 July 2022
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest from community members looking to join three Advisory Committees to help inform and influence future council decisions.
- Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve upgraded with $1.92M funding from federal and Victorian government Local Economic Recovery program
Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve will undergo a much-needed upgrade thanks to Federal and State Government funding.
- Traralgon Recreation Reserve gets $2.75M for new facilities development as part of Victorian government 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council has welcomed the Victorian government's budget contribution of $2.75 million towards developing new facilities at Traralgon Recreation Reserve (TRR), which is a key component of council's Traralgon Flood Recovery Project.
- Secret report reveals Andrews Labor government lockdowned despite major mental health concern from expert
Victorian authorities continue to hold "major concern" with a substantial increase in demand for mental health services from children and teenagers, a confidential report has revealed.
- Mallacoota-Genoa road gets $10M in federal government funding to improve safety and resilience
Work to improve the resilience and safety of the Mallacoota-Genoa Road.
- Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium expansion gets $1.25M early works underway from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus
An early works contract valued at $1.25 million has been awarded for the Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion to prepare the site for major construction.
- Dawson Street, Maffra Road and Princes Highway intersection gets $300M upgrade from previous Coalition federal government
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says he's keen to secure federal government funding to upgrade a notorious intersection on the Princes Highway in Sale.
- Free Baw Baw Esports Cup by Australian Esports League at West Gippsland Arts Centre from 9 - 10 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council has teamed up with leading esports provider, the Australian Esports League (AEL) to bring the second edition of the Baw Baw Esports Cup to the region.
- Please don't hang up when the Latrobe City Council Community Satisfaction Survey calls
Latrobe City Council residents may soon receive a phone call inviting them to participate in the Victorian Government's annual Community Satisfaction Survey, undertaken by National Field Services.
- Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay Project concept plans need community feedback from Bass Coast residents
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue its development of concept plans for the potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to improve its local road network, with the sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo, between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road.
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Venus Bay, Bass Coast Shire and Baw Baw Shire get $275,000 funding to reduce natural disaster risk and build resilience
The Australian government is reducing the risk and minimising the impact to communities of large-scale natural disasters like floods and bushfires in Monash by directly funding three projects to the value of $275,000.
- Population growth rate of Baw Baw Shire is 3.7 percent is and thirds highest according to Australian Bureau of Statistics
According to ABS, during the 2020-21 financial year period Warragul and Drouin experienced an annual growth rate of 3.7 per cent with the town's combined population rising from 40,631 to 42,115.
- New female friendly pavilion at Darnum Recreation Reserve from $500,000 grant Victorian government Local Sports Infrastructure Fund
The netballers at Nilma Darnum Football Netball Club can say goodbye to changing in the back of the car, thanks to the completion of the new game changing female friendly pavilion at the Darnum Recreation Reserve in Darnum.
- Key plans adopted by South Gippsland Shire council and more
South Gippsland Council adopted key plans to help them shape up the shire, understanding and delivering community expectations and needs.
- Drouin biodiverse bushland reserve to be created by Baw Baw Shire Council from purchase of Roberts Court Bushland Reserve
Baw Baw Shire Council has purchased a 10.53-hectare property in Drouin for the creation of a community bushland reserve.
- Paint Baw Baw REaD Early Years Expo at West Gippsland Arts Centre with author Valerie Jarred on 21 May
The Baw Baw Egg and the short story have been travelling throughout the Shire, visiting local primary schools, kindergartens and libraries to share the story with Baw Baw youngsters.
- Baw Baw local arts, culture and events industry gets solid support by council 2022/23 budget
Council's Annual Budget delivers support for the local arts, culture and events industry to draw more visitors to the region and create vibrant and connected communities for the Shire.
- Baw Baw's hidden treasures uncovers hundreds of public art examples
Local art aficionados uncovered almost 200 examples of public art throughout Baw Baw Shire during Council's Hidden Treasures Hunt.
- East Gippsland Shire Council promotes priorities to regional candidates in lead up to federal 2022 election
East Gippsland Shire Council's advocacy priorities brought for discussions with the region's federal candidates.
- Traralgon South Recreation Reserve upgraded with $340,584 from the Latrobe Valley Authority and $312,202 from Latrobe City Council
After a brief construction adjournment, the courts are back in session at the Traralgon South Recreation Reserve.
- Myli and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance support proposed Culture and Connection Precinct
Momentum continues to build for the landmark precinct with local library organisation Myli (My Community Library) and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance affirming full support for the proposed $30 million Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Heavy cuts for regional Victoria in 2022/23 budget due to record debts and costs blowouts from major projects by Andrews Labor government
Regional Victorians are set to cop further cuts to services and find it even harder to buy a home with today's State Budget no more than a PR repair plan for Daniel Andrews.
- Federal government provides $131.8M for local road maintenance in West and Central Gippsland under the Roads to Recovery funding
Local road maintenance in Monash will receive a boost thanks to funding under the Australian government's Roads to Recovery Program.
- Nominate a local Baw Baw Shire legend for a 2022 Australia Day Award
Nominations for the 2022 Australia Day Awards are now open and close at 5pm on Monday 22 November 2021.
- Safer speed limit for Forge creek Road in East Gippsland to reduce its unenviable crash and trauma record
A new 80km/h speed limit will be introduced on Forge Creek Road from Monday, August 23, to help tackle its unenviable crash and trauma record.
- Federal funding boost to upgrade Traralgon-Maffra road across Latrobe City and Wellington Shire
Major upgrades for road improvements and driver's safety.
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Latrobe City started the year in style with a baker's dozen of big events bringing in significant visitation and tourism dollars throughout the municipality.
- Staying Alive driver expo at Leongatha Recreation Reserve to educate South Gippsland Shire students on road safety
On Thursday 16 June, students from several South Gippsland secondary schools attended the 'Staying Alive' Driver Expo at the Leongatha Recreation Reserve.
- Bass Coast Yoga Festival at Inverloch Community Hub on 7 - 8 May 2022
Yoga festival that combines a unique mix of Yoga and wellness in the seaside hamlet of Inverloch, a weekend of rejuvenation & reconnection comes to Inverloch.
- Bellbird Park construction funded $4.1M from Baw Baw Shire Council and Victorian Government through Growing Suburbs Fund
The first sod has been turned at Bellbird Park to mark the commencement of works on a vibrant new multi-use pavilion and community events facility.
- Benetas appointed as aged care provider for both Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City starting 1 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's Home Support Program and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People are set to transition to new appointed providers in July 2022.
- Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
- Traralgon paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend Beau Vernon speak at community workshops in Morwell from February to April
Traralgon Paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend and motivational speaker Beau Vernon will headline a series of community workshops about sport and inclusivity from February through April.
- Message from Russell Broadbent on NAIDOC Week 2021
Community is invited to support and celebrate the history, culture and achievements of the first people.
- Free camping at Omeo Recreation Reserve until 17 April 2020 as Omeo Caravan Park reopens for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council remains committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- New Turra Pavilion at Trafalgar Recreation Reserve is new home of Trafalgar Victory Football Club and Trafalgar Boxing Club
Trafalgar Recreation Reserve's new Turra Pavilion will be open on early 2022, catering the needs of sporting clubs.
- Grants available for Gippsland organisations to build community bushfire and floods resilience
Guidelines for the Federal Government's Preparing Australian Communities Program - Local have been released ahead of applications opening.
- Free event for International Women's Day at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre on 8 March 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council is hosting a free event for International Women's Day on Tuesday, 8 March at the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre.
- Works underway at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve Soccer Pavilion with $700,000 project under Sport and Recreation Victoria
Bass Coast Shire Council has started work to extend the Soccer Pavilion at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- Future Recycling to manage four of Baw Baw Shire's transfer stations from 1 July 2022
From 1 July 2022, Baw Baw Shire Council's four Transfer Stations will be managed by Future Recycling.
- Expression of Interest by local artist for Brighten up Baw Baw Mural Projects wanted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and collectives to deliver exciting and vibrant public art pieces at three pedestrian friendly locations in Baw Baw.
- Keeping Baw Baw's urban nature strips safe with its newly adopted guidelines
Council has adopted the Urban Nature Strip Guidelines to outline the kinds of modifications residents can make to nature strips while ensuring they remain safe and accessible.
- LED lights to be installed at Darnum Recreation Reserve with $200,000 funding from Victorian Country Football Netball Program
The AFL Oval and Netball Courts at Darnum Recreation Reserve will soon undergo much needed upgrades with the installation of new light towers and LED light fittings throughout the facility.
- Input from Jam Jerrup residents on possible road upgrade encouraged by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council wants to hear from property owners in Jam Jerrup, as part of a potential future road and drainage upgrade project.
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- Keith Cook elected to fill Baw Baw Shire Council West Ward vacancy
Re-elected councillor swearing-in and induction to join and be a part of his old team.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Gippsland motorists robbed of life-saving road upgrades as state and federal government dithers
Government failing to fast track the road safety upgrades putting regional communities in critical functioning.
- Remembrance Day commemoration for Baw Baw Shire will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph
Remembrance Day commemoration will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph on the corner of Smith and Victoria Streets
- Budget cuts from Andrews Labor government for regional roads sends alarm on climbing road toll on Victoria's country roads
Victorian parliamentary committee hearings have exposed a $50 million cut to road safety in the Andrews Labor government's 2022-23 Victorian Budget, with more cuts on the way.
- Mountain bike trails at Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort are now open and perfect activity in Gippsland over summer
Biking season at Mt Baw Baw is now open, with essential bookings suited for your convenience.
- Opportunity to save more Victorian lives to improve country road safety must not be missed in Andrews Labor 2022-23 budget
Victoria's road network will continue to crumble into dangerous disrepair without a substantial boost to funds for maintenance.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Council has announced it will be heading to Canberra next month to lobby the new Federal Government on behalf of our community for fairer funding for priority projects in climate change, infrastructure, education, aged care and tourism.
- Planning resources and new initiatives for Baw Baw Shire gets $1.19M in council 2022/23 budget
Council's 2022/23 Annual Budget includes decisive steps to address these challenges, and These challenges are heightened by a COVID-impacted labour market and a shortage of skilled planners.
- Head off with the kids on super-tasty food-focused road trip supporting local farm gates in East Gippsland
School holidays are approaching, so it's time to plan a road trip with the kids, a cooler bag and a picnic blanket.
- Country drivers in danger from hazards on rural roads from Andrews Labor government budget cuts
Labor government's cut on the road maintenance neglect on the country road asset maintenance has left the country roads neglected.
- Forest Park in Orbost gets $1.82M funding upgrade after the community consultation
Council seeking for community feedback on Forest Park in Orbost project.
- New footpath along Howitt Avenue and Eastwood Road to make a safer route to school and the shops
East Gippsland Shire Council starts work this week on a new footpath that will provide Eastwood locals with a safer route to school and the shops, and offer a great reason to leave the car at home.
- Keith Cook sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor
Keith Cook has been sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor with a ceremony held this afternoon in the Fountain Room of the West Gippsland Art Centre.
- Proposal to improve pedestrian safety at St Ita's Primary School to Regional Roads Victoria endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council proposed pedestrian school crossing at St. Ita's primary school.
- Yarram Pool in Wellington Shire re-opens after month-long closure for major works
The Yarram Pool has re-opened to users following a month-long closure for major works to install the new roof structure as part of the Warmer Pool for Yarram project.
- Federal government will fund $182 million of road and rail works in Gippsland during 2022-23
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester (pictured) says the Federal Government will fund $182 million worth of road and rail work in the region during the 2022-23 financial year.
- Residents invited to give feedback on South Gippsland's Community Vision project
South Gippsland residents are invited to get involved in shaping up the community vision project of the council.
- Important Gippsland projects funded by 2022/23 Victorian government budget announced by One Gippsland
With a new federal government in play and a state election at the end of the year, the One Gippsland team has been working hard to ensure that our beautiful region is top of mind for politicians and policy makers.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Gippsland's priority projects August 2021 update stated by One Gippsland Chair Brett Tessari
The One Gippsland alliance is celebrating its first birthday this month, and we are excited about the future of our region with the guidance and collaboration of our board.
- Russell Northe argues for more funding projects in Latrobe Valley be included in Andrews Labor government Victorian 2022-23 budget
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe says he is hopeful of a number of projects in the Morwell electorate being funded through the state governments budget which is handed down next Tuesday 3 May.
- New oval lighting for Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will install new oval lighting at the Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves over coming months.
- Gippsland Water draft Price Submission to the Essential Services Commission ready for community feedback sought in early July
More than 3,500 customers have helped shape Gippsland Water's plans and pricing for the next five years.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- Free green waste disposal for Baw Baw Shire residents
Baw Baw Shire Council is offering residents free green waste disposal at selected transfer stations to help prepare their properties for the upcoming fire season.
- Implementation of revised Open Space Maintenance Standards by Baw Baw Shire Council sees improvement on the ground
Implementation of the adopted open space maintenance will have operational changes, gaining more appreciation and positive feedback.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- New pitch lighting at Thorpdale and Longwarry Recreation Reserves from $250,000 Victorian government funding
The Longwarry Crows and Thorpdale Blues football teams can now play day and night thanks to the completion of the new pitch lighting at Thorpdale and Longwarry Recreation Reserves.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to pursue enforcement options if any local laws breached by new wind turbine on private property near surf beach
Bass Coast Shire Council is aware of the Wind Turbine installed on private property in Surf Beach in recent days, the council also understands and share the community's concerns about the turbine.
- Darren Chester calls for federal and state governments to list Great Alpine Road as strategically importance so additional funding can be accessed
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says a multi-year program of upgrades is needed to improve safety on one of Gippsland's most important arterial roads.
- Swim for free at Thorpdale Pool in Baw Baw Shire this summer
Thorpdale Swimming Pool Committee has worked with Baw Baw Shire Council to provide a donation that will allow the community to swim for free.
- Bass Coast Council to promote Advocacy Priorities to candidates for Federal Election on Saturday 21 May 2022
Federal election set for Saturday, 21 May, Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to promote its advocacy priorities to all candidates.
- Feedback wanted on Bass Coast Council Draft Asset Plan to achieve its objective aligning with community vision
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling for community feedback on its Draft Asset Plan that will end on Tuesday, 7 June.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- CFA-declared fire danger period for Baw Baw Shire starts on 10 Jan 2022
The CFA-declared Fire Danger Period will commence at 1.00am on Monday, 10 January 2022.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- Feedback wanted by on draft Public Health and Wellbeing Plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community feedback, thoughts and suggestions on its draft Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan.
- Five reasons to get to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort in Gippsland this winter
Resort where kids can learn to ski or snowboard, or for the family to spend the holiday to.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late May 2022 - Feedback wanted on Great Southern Rail Trail Marketing Plan and more
South GIppsland Shire Council update to the community.
- Neerim District Health Service Aged Care Facility gets $5M funding for upgrade from federal Community Development Grants Program
Morrison government's commitment to redevelopment and upgrade of the Neerim District Health Service Aged Care facility.
- Leongatha and Korumburra railway precinct developments get total of $6M funding from Regional Infrastructure and Building Better Regions
South Gippsland Shire Council received confirmation that the State Government will support the development of the Leongatha and Korumburra railway precincts.
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- Victorian host bid 2026 Commonwealth Games in needs investment to fix country roads and rail after Labor government neglect
Any bid to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games in regional Victoria must be backed up by investment to fix country roads, rail and transport infrastructure after decades of Victorian Labor's neglect.
- Visit family friendly Erica Country Expo in Baw Baw Shire on 15 January 2022
The Erica Country Expo, a full day of family friendly fun, is on its way to Erica Recreation Reserve, Saturday 15 January 2022. Visitors and locals are encouraged to book their tickets now to avoid missing out.
- Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to share that the organisation has received national recognition in the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
- Wellington Shire Council 2021 National Economic Development Awards finalist for 'The middle of everywhere' campaign
Wellington Shire Council is a finalist in the 2021 National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- Drainage renewal works for Settlement Road in Cowes commences
Construction of new underground stormwater drainage pipes/pits and modification of existing drainage infrastructure works which will be carried through uni-directional boring within the drainage easement.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council winning the Improving Planning Processes Award for their planning partnership
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have won a national award for their unique planning partnership.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues advocating aquatics facilities for Phillip Island and Wonthaggi
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking an investment of $79.3 million to deliver its two-pool strategy.
- Bass Coast Shire Council launches new online engagement platform called Engage Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to launch its new online engagement platform, 'Engage Bass Coast', on Monday, 28 February.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- East Gippsland Shire Council urges everyone to 'Break the Bias' during International Women's Day on 8 March 2022
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging everyone to 'Break the Bias' this International Women's Day - Tuesday 8 March.
- Wellington Shire Council encouraging children with launch of BIG Summer Read program
Wellington Shire Council is encouraging local children to keep reading over summer with the launch of the BIG Summer Read program.
- Latrobe City Council helps secure $117M funding for local projects from Victorian 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council thanks the State Government for their investment in local projects as part of the 2022/23 Budget.
- Push for update ageing Warragul and Drouin bypass to better serve Baw Baw Shire fast growth
Local community, business and industry support is building behind efforts to secure funding to improve Drouin and Warragul aging arterial road network.
- East Gippsland Shire Council notes possible licencing reapplication for mineral sand mine in Glenaladale
East Gippsland Shire Council notes recent reports regarding a possible licencing reapplication for a mineral sand mine in Glenaladale.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Wellington Shire Council endorses second package for business COVID support
Wellington Shire Council today endorsed the second incarnation of its Covid-19 Business Support Package to assist local businesses recover from the effects of the pandemic.
- Round two applications open to join Project Reference Group for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A second round of applications are now open for community members to join a Project Reference Group (PRG) for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Wonthaggi Guide Park redevelopment gets $700,000 from Sports and Recreation Victoria and $350,000 from Growing Suburbs Fund
Work is set to get underway on the redevelopment of Guide Park in Wonthaggi, which will see the creation of a regional scale playspace for the community.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Bass Coast Shire Council, Bass Coast Health, Phillip Island Nature Parks and Westernport Water support International Women's Day
International Women's Day, held on 8 March is a global day celebrating the social economic, cultural and political achievements of Women.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early February 2022 - Regional Profile Survey closing soon
South Gippsland Council's project plans and updates for the community.
- Free outdoor activities start for people of all ages across Baw Baw as part of 'Watch this Space' program
Destinations across Baw Baw Shire are being transformed into vibrant pop-up dining, activity and multi-use entertainment spaces offering a feast of free events for people of all ages to enjoy.
- Demolishing of Latrobe City Visitor Information Centre building decision triggers community meeting
Council attended a meeting organised and led by the community to discuss the future of the Latrobe Visitor Information Centre building, the former Methodist Church.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Wellington Shire Council calls for concerns and suggestions during pandemic with Living Well During COVID-19 plan
Residents of Wellington to give their suggestions to help improve wellbeing during the pandemic.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- Feedback wanted on replacement of Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park in Drouin with new expansive multi-use community facility
Council is seeking community input to identify potential future uses for Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park, Drouin as they determine the feasibility of its retention and the costs associated with its refurbishment.
- Rapid COVID-19 testing key for getting regional and Gippsland VLine trains back on track
Lengthy shutdown to Victoria's regional train network is driving a push for rapid testing to be rolled out for staff across the public transport network.
- Stage two of $110,000 new footpath along Eastwood Road in north Bairnsdale
East Gippsland Shire Council has begun Stage Two of a new footpath along Eastwood Road, Eastwood, north of Bairnsdale.
- South Gippsland Shire Council warns of increase in scam calls - 'Hang up, block number and let your friends and family know'
Scammers targeting victims through money recovery scams, be aware of uninvited offers of help to recover money for an up-front payment, they are scams.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- First advocacy strategy adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council after listening and working with local community
At the 29 June council meeting, council adopted its first Advocacy Strategy and a new Advocacy Priority Project List.
- Wellington Shire council's domestic animal management plan is open for feedback
Dog and cat lovers, the council wants to hear from you.
- Local Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti sculpture coming soon to Drouin Civic Park as part of Baw Baw Shire Council $1.48M park upgrade project
Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti, combining art and science comes naturally, inspiring others to pursue their lifelong passions no matter the condition they're in.
- Wellington Shire Council urging residents to prepare properties for coming fire season
Properties must be prepared before the annual inspections take place and maintained for the entire Fire Danger Period.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- Redevelopment underway in Guide Park in Wonthaggi with $700,000 from Sports and Recreation Victoria and $350,000 from the Growing Suburbs Fund
Work is set to get underway on the redevelopment of Guide Park in Wonthaggi, which will see the creation of a regional scale playspace for the community.
- Warragul and Drouin precinct structure plans review adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted a review into key high-level masterplans for managing growth and development in Warragul and Drouin.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- Australia Day Awards ceremony at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve on 22 January
East Gippsland's Australia Day Awards ceremony will be held on Saturday 22 January at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve from 10.30am.
- Wellington Shire Council reminds dog owners to clean up after their pooches
Reminding pet owners to clean up their pets waste, failure to do so will be fined.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 April 2022
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve at Phillip Island will have public roads discontinued and closed
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to begin the statutory process to discontinue public roads within Phillip Island's Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- Andrews Labor Government provides more support service for LGBTIQ+ community in Morwell
The Andrews Labor Government is providing more support to LGBTIQ+ Victorians and their family in the Latrobe Valleywith new free counselling at Anglicare Victoria.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late February 2022 - Register now to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at council and how you can get involved.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late March 2022 - Opportunity to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at Council and how you can get involved, this is your opportunity to let us know what you think and provide your feedback.
- Update on Esso Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS) projects in Gippsland to help reduce Carbon Dioxide emissions
The Committee for Gippsland's Gippsland Hydrogen Cluster hosted a presentation from Esso Australia in Sale last week, updating members on Esso's Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS) projects.
- Maffra Football Netball Club opens new facilities with shared funding from Sport and Recreation Victoria and Wellington Shire Council
New, modern netball facilities were officially opened today at Maffra Recreation Reserve.
- Blatantly dishonest for Andrews Labor government to claim it has re-opened every recreation site impacted by 2019-20 bushfires
The State Government's claim it has re-opened every recreation site impacted by the 2019/20 bushfires, is blatantly dishonest, says Nationals Gippsland East MP, Tim Bull.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts annual 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council adopted the 2022-23 Budget at its council meeting on Tuesday, June 28.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has endorsed a strategy to deliver sustainable economic growth and a bright, thriving future for our region and its businesses.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- Sale RSL receives $120,000 improvement grant from federal government under Veteran and Community Grants program
The home of Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale is about to receive a new roof thanks to a $120,000 Federal Government grant.
- West and South Gippsland Shire Councils get $5.6M from federal Financial Assistance Grant program 2021-22 Q3 payment
Local governments in Monash have received their third 2021-22 quarterly payment through the federal government's financial assistance Grant program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 18 March 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council meeting update.
- Kennedy family generously donate century old wooden sculpture to Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has gratefully accepted a carved wooden dingo sculpture generously donated by the Kennedy family, farmers and residents of the Shire for more than 100 years.
- Michael Whelan from Bass Coast Shire council joins Victorian government 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel
Bass Coast Shire Council has again been selected to represent other Victorian Councils on the state government's 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- Kerryn Ellis as South Gippsland Shire Council CEO is in Top 50 Public Sector Women 2022 from Institute of Public Administration Australia
Statement from Mayor Mohya Davies: re CEO Kerryn Ellis Award.
- Restrictions still apply in Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity burning off guidelines outside of the Fire Danger Period
The CFA's Fire Danger Period has now ended in Bass Coast, however some restrictions still apply to burning off under Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity 2012.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- Andrews Labor government $6 billion over runs on West Gate Tunnel and Melbourne Metro projects would go a long way to fixing Gippsland roads
Plan to reduce speed limits on rural roads without increased spending.
- Over fire prevention notices issued in Wellington Shire to clean up properties during the fire danger period in 2021/22
Council reminding the community and landowners to maintain their surroundings to a fire-safe condition during the fire danger period.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 17 February 2021
South Gippsland Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- Part of Gippsland Performing Arts Centre $42M redevelopment opens up opportunities for regional creative community workers
The Andrews Labor government is supporting local creative workers and community activities in Traralgon, with the unveiling of new spaces, facilities, and training programs at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- Federal support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
The Coalition Government is bolstering support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme.
- Wellington Shire wellness map list of tracks and trails close to town centres to encourage you to spend time in the spring sunshine
Wellington Shire council is encouraging you to get active close to home.
- Bass Coast Rail Trail wooden bridge east of Mouth of Powlett Road in Kilcunda to be renewed
Funding for the improvement of tracks, trails and the construction of the wooden bridge located along theBass Coast Rail Trail.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- Federal funding boost to upgrade Bengworden Road in East Gippsland
Upgrades for safety and improved driving conditions that will also help support local jobs.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Leanne Hurst appointed as Director of Planning and Development for Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire appoints a new director for planning and development.
- Issues unresolved on how to stop enormous damage and distress from Traralgon Creek major flooding
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe has raised in Parliament this week ongoing concerns from the local community with respect to the impact of the June 2021 floods.
- Insensitive and brutal $13,631 fine for East Gippsland business alleged COVID breaches by Department of Justice and Community Safety
Infringements issued by the Department of Justice and Community Safety for alleged COVID breaches have raised the ire of small business owners who have endured the burden of changing compliance complexities for two years.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges locals to follow COVID-19 health advice for sake of local business
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens has urged locals to be vigilant and to follow the latest Covid-19 health advice, for the sake of local business.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- Local Bass Coast artists transform fence surrounding Cowes Cultural and Community Centre
An exciting initiative from Bass Coast Shire Council will see 28 artists supported to install 28 artworks.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges kindness as Melbourne and regional Victoria opens up
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens is encouraging locals to be kind and support each other as Melbourne and regional Victoria move to the same Covid restrictions from this Friday.
- Michael Leaney elected as Mayor and Annemarie McCabe as Deputy Mayor for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Cr Michael Leaney, elected as Mayor and Cr Annemarie McCabe, elected as Deputy Mayor.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- Bass Coast Shire offers fee-free green waste disposal for summer 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council's annual fee-free green waste disposal period is held to encourage residents and property owners to tidy up in preparation for summer and the fire season.
- 'Shop local' and support small businesses to keep our Gippsland economy and community thriving
Importance of buying locally made products is that it helps the small businesses thrive.
- Submissions open for Planning Scheme Amendment for Yarragon-Leongatha Road in Yarragon
A Planning Scheme Amendment applying to 28 and Part 63 Yarragon-Leongatha Road Yarragon has been prepared by Baw Baw Shire Council on behalf of Millar Merrigan and is available for public exhibition until Monday 11 July.
- South Gippsland Shire Council rates due 15 February 2022
Rates are due in full by 15 February unless you have elected to pay by an instalment or payment plan.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- Draft statement of planning policy submitted by Bass Coast Shire Council for Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Program from Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council will lodge a submission with the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning (DELWP) on the draft Statement of Planning Policy, outlining its concerns.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- Nominations for Wellington Shire Council 2022 Australia Day Awards closing soon
Time is fast running out to nominate a person or group for recognition in Wellington Shire Council's 2022 Australia Day Awards.
- Bass Coast Shire residents best recyclers in Victoria says sustainability report
Bass Coast Shire residents are the best recyclers in the state, according to a recent Sustainability Victoria report.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Sale and Yarram in Wellington Shire raise pride flag in support for the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia
Wellington Shire Council flew the rainbow pride flag at locations in Sale and Yarram on Tuesday to mark the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT).
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Public toilet works in Palmerston Street, Warragul are underway with $135,000 funding from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has begun refurbishment works on the public toilets located on Palmerston Street, Warragul.
- Princes Highway through East Gippsland gets $3.6M upgrade to improve road safety and resilience
A $3.6 million upgrade to one of the worst sections of the Princes Highway will improve safety and resilience of the key transport link, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Darren Chester seeks explanation from Andrews Labor government on Eastern Beach Road works on extraordnary delay
Failure to upgrade a busy intersection in Lakes Entrance is putting residents at risk of serious injuries, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Lakes Entrance Aquadome wins 2022 Small Facility Management Award at Aquatic and Recreation Victoria Industry Awards
The Lakes Entrance Aquadome came out on top at the recent Aquatic and Recreation Victoria Industry Awards.
- Wellington shire residents now eligible for storm recovery assistance from Federal government
Funding to provide assistance to the residents affected by the storm in their recovery process.
- Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Adopted domestic animal management plan that will provide and ensure domestic animals safety with responsible ownership.
- Bass Coast Shire Kindergarten first round of registrations for 2022 are now open
Registrations for three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten are now open.
- South Gippsland Shire draft 2020/21 Annual Report on public exhibition for two weeks
Council's 2020/21 Annual Report is currently on public exhibition for two weeks.
- Lichelle Clarke, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley and Jason Bargwanna inducted into Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame
Local sporting champions Lichelle Clarke PLY, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley, and Jason Bargwanna have been inducted into the Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation and Latrobe City Council to create opportunities for local aboriginal community
Program that will focus on creating employment opportunities for Aboriginal community members to reconnect with the Country and develop and share their skills and knowledge.
- Hogget Kitchen and Walhalla Goldfields Railway to host winter feast on Sunday 3 July 2022 in partnership with Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with Hogget Kitchen and Walhalla Goldfields Railway to host a winter feast for the senses in Walhalla on Sunday 3 July.
- Bass Coast Shire prepares at Phillip Island for School Leavers Week 2021
The official School Leavers Week runs from 27 November to 4 December.
- Wellington shire businesses eligible for disaster power outage payments
Financial assistance is now available for businesses in Wellington that experienced prolonged power outages after severe storms on October 29, 2021.
- Project Reference Group appointed to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A project Reference Group (PRG) has been formally appointed by council to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Pop-up session at Longwarry Market on 5 June 2022 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of Longwarry and the surrounding areas are invited to come along to council's pop-up session at the Longwarry Market on Sunday 5 June.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Over $400,000 of federal funding for indigenous projects in Wellington Shire
Five programs in Gippsland received funding under the Federal Government's Indigenous Advancement Strategy.
- New 'Erica Country Expo' set to drive local recovery in October
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with engaged community members and residents to deliver The Erica Country Expo, a full day, family friendly and community led event set to take over the Erica Recreational Reserve this October.
- East Gippsland Shire motorists reminded to check parking restrictions
Increasing enforcement effort across the shire to ensure motorists follow parking restrictions.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Great Southern Rail Trail to be extended with $6 million funding from Regional Infrastructure Fund
Boosting tourism while creating jobs for the locals through the Gippsland track and trails project.
- Victorians getting sicker as Andrews Labor Government fails to meet key finding from Mental Health Royal Commission
Victorians are getting sicker while the Andrews Labor Government fails to meet a key finding from the Mental Health Royal Commission, more than three years since it was delivered.
- Feedback wanted on update to flood map overlays in amendments to Baw Baw planning scheme
A proposed amendment to the Baw Baw Planning Scheme to update flood maps for existing overlay controls is now on public exhibition.
- Bellbird Park soccer pitch gets $800,000 funding from Victorian government through Local Sports Infrastructure fund
Bellbird Park's main soccer pitch is set for redevelopment thanks to a $800,000 funding boost from the Victorian government's Local Sports Infrastructure Fund.
- Sale Oval precinct opens after $1.6M redevelopment funded by Wellington Shire Council, Coalition government and John Leslie Foundation
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Sale Oval redevelopment today alongside Wellington Shire Councillor John Tatterson and community members.
- Progress on new Warragul indoor sports stadium for Baw Baw Shire
Early works are progressing well on site at the Warragul Leisure Centre in preparation for major construction of a new indoor multi-use sports stadium.
- Breakfast presentation on future of business with Bernard Salt at Lardner Park in Baw Baw Shire on 18 May 2022
Join internationally renowned futurist, author, business advisor and media commentator Bernard Salt at Lardner Park on Wednesday 18.
- Latrobe Valley paper will continue to be sent by rail for export and distribution as key Gippsland freight service gets stimulus for Victorian government
Improvements on train tracks that will help ensure its daily runs.
- Over $270,000 of federal funding for indigenous projects in East Gippsland
Three Indigenous programs in East Gippsland will benefit from funding as part of the Federal Government's Indigenous Advancement Strategy.
- Inverloch shared pathway along Surf Parade is underway to complement the existing infrastructure
Bass Coast Shire Council's construction of the next stage of the Inverloch Shared Pathway along Surf Parade is progressing well and is on track to be completed by the end of May.
- Diversification of Victoria's global trade relationships will be key to food and fibre sector in Gippsland
Diversification of Victoria's global trade relationships will be key to unlocking the true potential of our state's food and fibre sector.
- Darren Chester backs calls for pedestrian crossing at McNairn road in Traralgon
Securing federal funding to construct a safe pedestrian crossing at McNairn Road in Traralgon.
- Farming events return to Wellington Shire such as the Sowing the Gap project, Farming for Success and East Gippsland Field Days
Building resilience from the ground up and preparing for a prosperous farming future is the common theme of a series of events to be held across regional Gippsland in the coming weeks and months.
- Over $4.77M invested by Liberal and Nationals Government for priority Gippsland projects to met local communities needs
Liberal and Nationals Government investing over $4.77 million in South Gippsland to help communities recover from the pandemic.
- Book readers in Wellington Shire invited to share reading experiences online via Zoom event
Online sharing of reading experiences to share with other participants.
- Trafalgar multi-use pavilion and synthetic bowling rink official opens 5 March 2022
Trafalgar sporting clubs and community members have come together to celebrate the official opening of two major upgrades to the town's sporting infrastructure.
- Celebrate Parks Week in Wellington Shire with stacks of events for children and families
Wellington Shire's popular parks and open spaces will host a jam-packed calendar of events to celebrate Parks Week from 5 to 13 March.
- Click and collect available at Wellington shire libraries so bookworms can continue reading during lockdowns
Libraries across Wellington Shire may be closed due to current restrictions, but bookworms can continue reading via the Click and Collect service.
- Grants and sponsorships from $2,000 to $20,000 available for events, capital works, equipment and wellbeing projects
Community organisations will have the chance to garner funding support when round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grant and Sponsorship program opens on 31 January.
- Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens in Wellington Shire plant collection of rare and threatened species for display
Parks staff from Wellington Shire Council recently rolled up their sleeves alongside Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens to plant a collection of rare and threatened species found in the region.
- Andrews Labor Government still won't roll it out rapid antigen testing to help revive major events
Andrews government still not giving a plan to end the uncertainty of lockdown.
- Hawthorn and Box Hill Hawks work collaboratively with Bass Coast Shire Council to increase football participation for women
Hawthorn Football Club and Box Hill Hawks are proud to announce a new partnership with Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Wurruk development four-year strategic plan adopted by Wellington Shire Council to help address acute housing shortage
Council today took the first step to address Wellington's acute housing shortage, paving the way to facilitate the development of around 1600 new housing lots.
- Help for local event organisers and businesses from Bass Coast Shire Council thanks to $10,000 grant from LVA
Event activation voucher program, initiated by Bass Coast Shire Council's Economic Development and Investment Team, has been applauded by local events and businesses.
- Oval lighting will be upgraded at Cowes, Dalyston and Inverloch recreation reserves
Oval lighting will be upgraded at the Cowes, Dalyston and Inverloch recreation reserves.
- York Street Revitalisation project gets $11.68 M federal funding for Wellington Shire
Major upgrade of York Street to entice travelling motorists to stop and explore Sale, as well as improve ride quality and traffic safety, is a step closer to being completed.
- Drouin Tennis Club celebrates $353,000 refurbishment of Balmoral Park Pavilion from Baw Baw Shire Council
Members of the Drouin Tennis Club have gathered to celebrate the refurbishment of the Balmoral Park Pavilion following a $353,000 investment from Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Street light project in South Gippsland Shire will save $9.4M in energy and capital costs when completed
Street lighting project is nearing its completion, the remaining 270 inefficient streetlights in South Gippsland Shire will be replaced later this year.
- Latrobe City Council Aged Care and Services to undergo significant changes from July 2022
Council services will undergo significant changes across Latrobe City with council set to transfer the Aged Care and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People services to new providers in July 2022.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
- Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will be facilitating 'chats' with its employees and the community, throughout the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign, which starts today (25 November).
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Australia Day Celebrations hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council the shire-wide awards tapped into the Australia Day theme of "We're all part of the story - reflect, respect, celebrate".
- Works in the Indigenous Art Garden at Rotary Park in Warragul is set to show on 16 May 2022
The Rotary Club of Warragul, our Indigenous community and Baw Baw Shire Council are working together to create a new garden of local cultural significance.
- Kilcunda Skate and Play project gets $250,000 funding from Bass Coast Shire Council and Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council was excited to join Member for Bass Jordan Crugnale MP in Kilcunda today (Monday, 23 May), who announced $250,000 for the town's skate and play project, this is in addition to the $325,000 committed by council.
- Walk with dingos and much more while you are at Mt Baw Baw this summer
Round out the lofty walk with dingoes and a caffeine hit and sweet treat at Village Central.
- Regional Victoria motorist and transport operators down continues to drag from Andrews Labor government drastic road funding cuts
Transport operators who have been involved in the industry for decades say road quality is dragging down retention of drivers who don't want to drive a road network that's"rough as guts".
- Work on Smiths Beach town plan in Bass Coast Shire to commence and improve resident safety
At its meeting this week, Bass Coast Shire Council adopted the final Smiths Beach Town Plan, to allow implementation of its actions.
- Roll out rapid testing to help save iconic Victorian spring racing carnival
Major event that has been awaited by the crowd to forecast on 5 November.
- State government recycling plan to significantly impact Bass Coast Shire Council approach to waste over next ten years
Reforms that are going to significantly impact Bass Coast's approach to waste in the coming years.
- Condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures to be done by Bass Coast Shire Council in October and November 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council to carry out condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures during October and November.
- Businesses and employees participation wanted in 2022 Business and Industry Survey by Bass Coast Shire Council which is open until Monday 23 May
Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Business and Industry Survey is now open. We are calling on our 3,200 businesses, employing almost 11,000 people to participate in the survey.
- Newhaven jetty in Bass Coast Shire ready to be renewed
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Lighting up winter sports in Drouin Bellbird Park Oval and Trafalgar Recreation Reserve
Winter sports have been illuminated in Drouin and Trafalgar thanks to three significant lighting upgrades delivered by Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Baxter Park gets first synthetic soccer pitch Baw Baw Shire
Safer game play and improvements at Baxter Park synthetic soccer pitch is now open, but council is still seeking funding opportunities for the remaining project stages.
- Traralgon Creek residents still await the Emergency Management Victoria response to flood mitigation and failed warning system
The flooding damage across the community was profound with significant damage to homes, farms, businesses, sporting and community organisations, roads and essential infrastructure.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- East Gippsland motorists encouraged to submit first-hand reports via an online portal for Vote for Victoria's Worst Road campaign
Three-month campaign to Vote for Victoria's Worst Road asks motorists to submit first-hand condition reports via an online portal to list the most dangerous hazards risking lives on our roads every single day.
- Join in the Australia Day celebrations across Baw Baw Shire
Everyone is invited to join and celebrate Australia Day 2022 festivities.
- One Gippsland submits freight fast-track, tourism recovery, digital connectivity and job creation as funding priorities 2022/23 to governments
A number of local projects have been identified that will work to increase the liveability and prosperity of our regional cities and local towns.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Lights upgrade for at Bellbird Park in Drouin and soccer pitch at Trafalgar Recreation Reserve
Winter sports have been illuminated in Drouin and Trafalgar thanks to three significant lighting upgrades delivered by Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Feedback sought on draft Smiths Beach town plan by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has developed the Draft Smiths Beach Town Plan, following extensive community engagement in 2020 and is now looking for feedback.
- Labertouche CFA Station gets new water tank with funds from by Bendigo Bank, Longwarry CFA and Baw Baw Shire Council
Purchase and installation of a 100,000-litre static water tank at the Labertouche CFA Station.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- Pet registration door knocking campaign by Regi-check ambassadors to commence in Baw Baw Shire
Regi-Check ambassadors will conduct a door knocking campaign on behalf of Baw Baw Shire Council to assist residents with their pet registration needs.
- Detox your Home event to encourage Wonthaggi to dispose of unwanted household chemicals on 31 Oct 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council is encouraging the community to dispose of unwanted household chemicals at the Detox your Home event, coming to Wonthaggi on Sunday, 31 October.
- Staying safe from COVID Omicron surge in Bass Coast Shire
Information is brought for the community by Bass Coast Health and Bass Coast Shire Council to prepare, manage, and isolate.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- New Men's Shed Workshop at Neerim Junction on digital technology funded $80,000 from Victorian government
Council has entered a community lease with Neerim District Community House and Men's Shed to develop a workshop facility located at the former Neerim Junction Tennis Courts, at 17 Court Rd, Neerim Junction.
- Relief for storm affected and areas of power outage in Wellington Shire
The Wellington community has come together to provide assistance in various ways to help other community members.
- Guidelines to provide efficient tree inspections across Baw Baw Shire
Council has endorsed the Tree Inspection Policy and Guidelines to better manage tree inspections and maintenance works within urban areas of the Shire.
- Monaro Highway in East Gippsland is rapidly deteriorating and requires urgent attention from Victoria's road management
The Monaro Highway, a critical freight route in and out of East Gippsland, is the latest in the local roads network requiring urgent attention with local Nationals MP.
- Feedback needed from local residents on what is to be done with former Yarragon Primary School site in Yolo Street
Council is seeking community feedback on the Draft Masterplan for the site at 3-5 Rollo Street, Yarragon (formally Yarragon Primary School).
- Latrobe City Council calls on federal candidates to secure $3.25M to complete in Traralgon Flood Recovery Project
Latrobe City Council is calling on Federal candidates to invest in the Traralgon Flood Recovery Project across Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Glenview Park.
- Federal bushfire fund 'rip off' on East Gippsland must be prevented says Darren Chester
East Gippsland community groups will be 'ripped off' if the Federal Government doesn't boost the region's allocation under the $280 million 'Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program', according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- Amphibious harvester arrives in Wellington Shire to help clean up weed problem in lakes
A weed-eater that would help clean up the weed-causing problems at the lakes.
- Councils in West and South Gippsland will share in $2.1B Commonwealth Cash Boost for flooding and COVID-19 recovery
Five councils in the Monash electorate will benefit from the Australian government's $2.1 billion pre-payment on next year's Financial Assistance Grant to all councils across Australia.
- Yarragon dog lovers celebrate official opening of of newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve in Baw Baw Shire
Yarragon dog lovers and their four-legged friends have celebrated with Baw Baw Shire Council at the official opening of the Shire's newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve.
- New facilities construction in progress as part of the $400,000 project at Lakes Entrance Recreation Reserve
Local MP Darren Chester said the new facilities were a part of a $400,000 project at the recreation reserve.
- Residents encouraged to take part in developing solutions to meet parking demands in Drouin, Yarragon, and Trafalgar by Baw Baw
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a thorough assessment of the parking pressures in Drouin, Yarragon, and Trafalgar, and is encouraging residents to take part in helping develop solutions that aim to meet future parking demands.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Nominations open to for young people for 2022 Youth Council in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is calling on young people who want to have a greater say and help build a strong and inclusive community, to nominate for 2022 Youth Council.
- Get active close to home in Wellington Shire with awesome wellness map
Council has curated a list and map that includes wetlands, arts and beach trails, all within easy reach of Wellington's main urban areas.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery August 2021
50 Years: 50 Artists is a major exhibition to commemorate 50 years of Latrobe Regional Gallery from 4 September to 7 November
- Two representatives for Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is seeking two people to represent the community on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee.
- Long grass inspections are being done in Bass Coast Shire so keep up the mowing
Bass Coast Shire Council's Emergency Management Officers are currently carrying out long grass inspections, which will continue into the new year.
- Darren Chester says Latrobe Valley owed explanation from Dan Andrews on failed promise for 500 electric vehicle manufacturing jobs
Latrobe Valley community wants to know why members of the parliament refuse to participate in a local task force.
- Workshop on how to win government business in Bairnsdale on 20 July 2022
Workshop that will give local business opportunity on how to win work on major government infrastructure and construction projects.
- Financial support for residents of Bass Coast Shire impacted by June storms and floods
People in Bass Coast hit hard by the storms and floods in June 2021 can now apply for financial support from the Australian Government.
- Free outdoor play sessions in Wellington Shire for children's week
Families across Wellington Shire will have plenty to celebrate during Children's Week, with free outdoor play sessions held in several locations.
- Phillip island gets $144,000 in federal funding for new safety upgrades and improvements to roads
New road safety upgrades and improvements will be delivered in Monash thanks to funding from the Australian Government.
- Maffra Lawn Tennis club gets new fences rewed with $130,000 grant in partnership with Wellington Shire Council
Unsafe fences have been replaced as part of a major redevelopment of Maffra Lawn Tennis Club.
- Child care services in Wellington Shire gets boost of $230,000
Three child care providers in Wellington have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Big step forward for Bass Coast Dinosaurs Trail to create an interactive sound and light 'Gondwana Garden'
A masterplan developed for the community to experience dinosaur discovery, learning and creativity, a journey that links together history, community, culture and environment
- Tambo Waste developed glass processing facility in Bairnsdale to maximise opportunities in recycled glass
Baw Baw Shire Council will improve pedestrian safety on Normanby Street, Warragul, following the presentation of a petition signed by 56 community members.
- Latrobe City Council calls to preserve Lake Narracan following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028
Latrobe City Council will make a submission to the State Government calling to preserve Lake Narracan's weir and water levels following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028.
- Facts on euthanasia of Walter the dog cleared up CEO of South Gippsland Shire Council Kerryn Ellis
A statement from South Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer, Kerryn Ellis.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Nominate a local hero for East Gippsland Shire Australia Day Awards
Perfect time to shine a spotlight on an unsung hero who has made a positive contribution to our community.
- Latrobe City Council submits to inquiry into impacts of Hazelwood and Yallourn power stations closures
Latrobe City Council will advocate for greater Government support for the municipality to help the region transition with less power stations.
- Local artists showcased their musical talents at the all-ages music event supported by Wellington Shire Youth Council and FReeZA crew Propellor
Local artists showcased their musical talents in front of a big crowd at the recent All-Ages Tour, which was organised and hosted by Wellington Shire Youth Council.
- Latrobe City Council seeks to attract manufacturers for Australian Defence Force to Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Council is seeking to raise the City’s manufacturing profile by contacting businesses in the defence supply chain from across Australia, with the intent of attracting new opportunities to the municipality.
- Green light for Australia Day celebrations to go ahead in Latrobe City
Celebrations of culture, community and connectedness will go ahead on Australia Day at venues across Latrobe City.
- Guide Park Redevelopment $1.77 M project in Bass Coast Shire to begin early 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council awarded the tender for the Project at its December meeting.
- Michael Whelan elected as Mayor and Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor for Bass Coast Shire Council in 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council has elected Cr Michael Whelan as Mayor and Cr Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor at its November Meeting.
- Municipal monitor appointed for 2021 South Gippsland Shire Election to restore confidence
A municipal monitor will be appointed to Council following the election in late October.
- Emma Wiggle and Elsa from Frozen appear at local parks in Wellington Shire from 5 to 13 March 2022 as part of Parks Week
Parks Week runs from 5 to 13 March with a jam-packed calendar of free or affordable events for the whole family.
- Click and Collect for Wellington Shire libraries to resume
Library service allowing the members access books and resources during lockdown.
- Restarting arts festivals in West and South Gippsland with Festivals Australia federal program
Program that supports community participation in, and access to, the arts experience at a festival.
- Ellinbank Badminton Club celebrates funded upgrades to clubrooms and kitchen facilities at 75th anniversary
Members of the Ellinbank Badminton Club and local community have gathered to officially unveil upgrades to the clubrooms and kitchen facilities in concert with the club's milestone 75th anniversary celebrations.
- Feedback wanted in the Local Law review for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is currently reviewing its Local Law and is calling on the community to provide feedback on the proposed changes.
- Jam Jerrup drainage upgrades along Foreshore Road
Bass Coast Shire Council will carry out drainage renewal works along Foreshore Road in Jam Jerrup in August.
- Latrobe City Australia Day Awards 2022 to Dean Sutton, Bridie Byrne and Martin Dyt
Local legends, outstanding events and champion community services have been acknowledged at the 2022 Latrobe City Australia Day Awards ceremony, held on Sunday following COVID-19 related delays.
- Feedback from draft Queen Street design plans in Warragul invaluable and summary provided
Feedback sought from the community to shape up accessibility and safety of Queen Street in Warragul.
- East Gippsland Council calls communities to help create emergency response plans called a Local Incident Management Plan (LIMP)
Preparing local communities for emergencies particularly on knowing what to do during fire and storm hits.
- Grantville Jetty to be renewed by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will renew the Grantville Jetty this month, to improve the safety of the structure which has deteriorated due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Sandhill Ashes new date - Sunday 10 April 2022 from 11am at the Sarsfield Cricket Ground (SCG)
Sandhill Ashes community cricket moving its event date.
- Duplication of Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale gets federal and Victorian government $250M funding for final stage
Princes Highway duplication project, a major milestone with traffic switched to the new section at Flynn.
- Latrobe City Council re-opens Cumberland Park kindergarten after negative results for COVID-19
Identified close contact resulted negative from COVID-19.
- Morwell Foodbank hub at standstill after four years of promises from Andrews Labor government
Lack of updates and communications with the Latrobe Valley community with regards to the promised Morwell Foodbank Hub, community seeks more information about the Morwell Foodbank Hub
- More than a hundred jobs to be cut from Agriculture Victoria reducing services to food and fibre industry by Andrews Labor government
As all Victorians continue to be impacted by food shortages and major disruptions to the food supply chain, Labor will axe 109 jobs from Agriculture Victoria this year.
- Women in Business event to be held at West Gippsland Arts Centre on 17 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council will host a Women in Business event featuring Olivia White and a panel of outstanding local businesswomen for an evening full of inspiration and valuable advice to help local women meet their business goals.
- Latrobe City Council calls for Victorian government to support for timber industry
Release of code of practice for timber industry that has been on a long delayed by the state government.
- Victorian election promise for $600M West Gippsland Healthcare Group upgrade from Liberals and Nationals
Baw Baw Shire Council has welcomed an election promise from the Liberals and Nationals for a $600 million new or upgraded West Gippsland Hospital should they win government.
- Permit fees for outdoor dining waived by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will waive permit fees for hundreds of hospitality venues to encourage more outdoor dining to help the region bounce back from pandemic lockdowns.
- Neerim South War Memorial restored with support from the Victoria Remembers Grant Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has completed restoration works on the War Memorial in Neerim South.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- South Gippsland Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 15 June 2022
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Historical street signs installed to restore part of Warragul streetscape in Baw Baw Shire
Installation of historical street signs that will preserve and have let you appreciate history as it changes through time.
- Noojee nominated as finalist in 2022 Top Tourism Town Awards by Victoria Tourism Industry Council
Baw Baw Shire's beloved town of Noojee has been announced as a finalist in a highly-prized annual tourism awards program. All residents are encouraged to vote now to help Noojee take out the top accolade.
- Outrage among regional motorists as new data shows most neglected local government areas in country Victoria
The sad state of country roads is driving outrage among regional motorists with new data painting a picture of Victoria's most neglected local government areas.
- Latrobe City Youth Council encourages healthy eating with 'Fab food marvellous mood' campaign'
Food campaign to help educate the young people about healthy diet that lead to happier and healthier mental and physical wellness.
- Parks Minister Lily D'Ambrosio should apologise to East Gippsland businesses for slow response to repair bushfire damage
New staff to help repair infrastructure damaged during the two-year ago bushfires has finally been announced.
- Melbourne's South-East Councils Climate Change Alliance calls for ambitious COP26 emissions target
A vision for a thriving and productive region with an opportunity to be a clean green thriving economy.
- Gippsland residents reminded to submit photographs the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar
Encouraging photographers and the community to send their photograph entry for the calendar.
- Raymond Island Koala population and native wildlife gets $1.3M federal funding to improve facility accessible and revegetation of area
Raymond Island's koala population and native wildlife has received a major boost as part of a $1.3 million initiative funded by all levels of government.
- Kosciusko and Bank Street intersection in Traralgon to get vital safety upgrade as part of federal government's $300M commitment for 2022
Latrobe City Council is pleased Regional Roads Victoria will begin vital upgrades at key intersections along the Princes Highway this year.
- Celebrating a million ways to be a woman online part of International Women's Day from Latrobe City Council
As part of International Women's Day, Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to join in celebrating the contribution of women across the municipality.
- Sell-out crowd at West Gippsland Art Centre celebrates International Women's Day in Baw Baw Shire
A sell-out crowd descended on the West Gippsland Art Centre on Tuesday 8 March to celebrate International Women's Day 2022.
- Tee-Up Golf Day 2021 in Traralgon raises $20,000 for suicide prevention and mental health with help of Russell Northe and Rotary Club
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe has spoken of his pride with regards to the business and community support that was received for the 2021 Tee-Up for Mental Health Day to which Mr Northe co-hosted along with the Rotary Club of Traralgon.
- Latrobe City Youth Council inviting new members for 2022
Latrobe City Youth Council is seeking new members for the 2022 term to build their leadership skills, make new connections and provide input into Council's decision making
- Easter Bunny and ventriloquist with his collection of puppets visits Wellington Shire libraries from 12 - 14 April 2022
Visits from the Easter Bunny, a ventriloquist and his collection of hilarious puppets are part of a big line-up of fun to celebrate Easter.
- Sutton Street $1.9M reconstruction in Warragul gets underway
Road reconstruction, widening, and footpath works are underway on Sutton Street, Warragul.
- Reminder for beach goers to swim between the flags from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is urging everyone to be safe by the water this summer and to always swim between the red and yellow flags at a patrolled beach.
- Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program gives up to $300 from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program will give businesses rebates of up to $300 for providing outdoor entertainment this summer.
- Replacement of more than a thousand existing street lights with new energy efficient LED for Wellington Shire starts 1 May 2022
Wellington Shire Council will undertake a bulk replacement of more than 1400 streetlights from 1 May, as part of a Gippsland-wide project to improve energy use and safety.
Latest NewsBass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022
East Gippsland residents encouraged to apply for new $250 Power Saving Bonus from 1 July 2022
July is high-risk month for home-related drownings according to Victorian statistics
Kosciusko and Bank Street intersection in Traralgon to get vital safety upgrade as part of federal government's $300M commitment for 2022
Victorian Liberals and Nationals consider interim report delivered by Yoorrook Justice Commission in regards to advancing the Treaty process
Baw Baw Shire celebrates NAIDOC week with special events from 03 to 10 July 2022
Call on Andrews Labor government to partner better on delivering road infrastructure safety improvements in Gippsland by Darren Chester
Darren Chester pays tribute to Army nurse Vivian Bullwinkel - extraordinary Australian
Development of stage two Bairnsdale Skatepark of $460,000 underway