Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 May 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 25 May council meeting.
Council Meetings are held at the West Gippsland Arts Centre on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month and commence at 5.30pm. Community members wishing to attend are encouraged to register in advance.
The agenda packet is made up of the reports and attachments prepared by staff that give consideration to items being deliberated by councillors at the meeting held
Planning and development
Planning Application PLA0249/20 - 935 Brandy Creek Road, Rokeby, council moved an alternate recommendation:
- Deferral of motion, to seek further information before it returns to the council Meeting on 8 June 2022
- Response to General Business Motion - Protection of trees on Buln Buln Road, Drouin
- Council moved an alternate recommendation
- Deferral of motion, to give councillors time to consider alternate motion. The report will go to the council meeting on 8 June 2022
Two-Lot Subdivisions in PSP Areas, council moved an alternate recommendation for deferral of motion, to allow councillors to further consider an appropriate alternate recommendation. The item will go to the council meeting on 8 June 2022.
Tender Recommendation Report - Vehicle Bridge Renewal Program - Roberts Road Bridge, Yarragon, council moved to:
- Accept the tender submitted by Jarvis Norwood Constructions Pty Ltd, for Tender: 2021031 Vehicle Bridge Renewal Program - Roberts Road Bridge for the total sum of $820,000 (excluding GST)
- Authorise the reallocation of up to $117,600 from the projected surplus of the 2021/2022 Capital Works Program to this project to ensure sufficient budget is available
- Note that the proposed commencement of works is January 2023 due to contractor availability
- Delegate authority to the Chief Executive Officer to sign the contract documents and execute the award of the contract
Baw Baw Aquatic & Leisure Services Contract, council approved to notify the YMCA of the intention to extend contact 21711CT for the final term of three years inclusive 1 July 2023 - 30 June 2026 as per the contract conditions and delegate authority to the Chief Executive Officer to execute the contract extension for 21711CT in accordance with the contract.
Waste services contracts
Council moved to approve the extension of the following waste service contracts for a period of six months to the 31 March 2023:
- 21212CT - Kerbside Garbage Collection
- 21771 CT - Garbage Disposal
- 21212aCT - Green Organics Processing
Delegate authority to the Chief Executive Officer to sign the contract extension documents and execute the extension of the contracts
Public road register 2022 - 2023
Council moved to:
- Endorse the proposed amendments listed in the Proposed List Summary - 2022-2023 from public request, internal review and subdivision developments to be included in and/or removed from the Public Road Register
- Adopt the revised Public Road Register - Proposed Public Road Register - 2022-2023 effective from 1 July 2022
- Note the cost implications associated with this review of the Public Road Register on the Annual Budget, and the annual contract sum increase for CON2019060 Routine Road Maintenance effective from 1 July 2022
- Endorse the updated Policy - Register of Public Roads and Hierarchy Policy
Cr Leaney rose for his Mayoral Minute to speak about the Citizenship Ceremony on Tuesday night, where more than 60 conferees became Australian citizens. "There were lots of families, young children, and smiles. It was a great thing to welcome such a large, happy group to Baw Baw Shire, and it was a privilege to be part of".
Baw Baw Shire Council have reopened council meetings to members of the public. Bookings are encouraged. Please visit Baw Baw Shire Council meeting website to book. All council meetings will be live-streamed, and archived recordings will be available on the council website for viewing. The Baw Baw Shire Council meeting agendas and minutes will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Cr. Michael Leaney Facebook page.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest NewsRed Rocks Road Footpath upgrade in Cowes underway by Bass Coast Council
Australian Federal Police gets extended power for another 12 months by Federal parliament via Counter-Terrorism Legislation Amendment
East Gippsland health services to share in $325M Future Health Workforce Plan election pledge from Victorian Liberals and Nationals
Gaskin Park in Churchill gets election pledge of $4M upgrade for sporting hub by Victorian Liberals and Nationals
Kamikaze Corner - most notorious intersection in Leongatha pledged $1M to be fixed Nationals and Liberals
Low housing and rental in country Victoria needs to be addressed urgently by Andrews Labor government
Mirboo North Stadium gets $2.5M commitment to rebuild as election pledge from Nationals and Liberals
Nominations for the 2023 Australia Day Awards opens opens until 11 November 2022 in Baw Baw Shire
'Protecting our ponds' project community update on 12 October 2022 at Munro Hall in Wellington Shire
Victorian Seniors Festival is back in Baw Baw Shire for 2022 with free and low-cost activities