Gippsland Portal Local News:
Gippsland Local Government Network backs Regional Summit
GLGN support Gippsland Regional Summit on 23 February 2001 at Monash University, Gippsland Campus.
By Latrobe City Council - 20th February 2001 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have saidThe Gippsland Local Government Network has come out in active and vocal support of the Gippsland Regional Summit being held on 23 February 2001 at Monash University, Gippsland Campus.
"The Gippsland Regional Summit, being organised by Gippsland Development Limited, is a vitally important event for the future development of Gippsland," Chair of GLGN, Councillor Tony Hanning said.
"The Summit will set the scene for development strategies and actions to make a difference to the future economic prosperity of our Region. The Summit will bring together people from across Gippsland to focus their attention on the really
important issues, whether they be agriculture, the timber industry, the energy industry, education and training, innovation and new technology," Cr Hanning said.
"Local government is a major shareholder in Gippsland Development, the regional economic development agency. Through Gippsland Development, Gippsland Councils have invested significantly in cooperative efforts to develop the whole Region.
The Summit is an example of this cooperation. "Economic development staff from the various Gippsland Councils are directly
involved in the running of the Summit and ensuring that it achieves the best possible outcomes. These staff will, for example, be facilitating workshops and discussions,” Cr Hanning added.
“The Regional Summit has already attracted close to 200 registrations, which is an indication of the huge level of support generated across Gippsland.
"However, there is still room for more participation. So interested people should contact Gippsland Development Limited on 5143 2322 about registering,” Cr Hanning concluded.
Chairperson: Cr Tony Hanning, Mayor, Latrobe City.
Telephone: 0417 373 577
Secretary: Ms. Penny Holloway, CEO, Latrobe City.
Telephone: 5173 1401 or 0417 557 103
Jeremy Bein, Public Relations and Communications Officer,
Latrobe City. Telephone: 5173 1468
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Putting Gippsland People First
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Northe Renews Calls for Lifeline Gippsland Funding Amid Budget Shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Government called upon to support local businesses – Northe
A call for the Government for a commitment that all goods, services and contracts are not taken away from regional businesses.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Government Backs Down on the Omnibus Bill
Government backs down on its controversial COVID-19 Omnibus bill.
- Local Festivals and Events go Digital
Activities will be supported through the Government’s Multicultural Festivals and Events program, encouraging 148 community organisations across Victoria to get creative and move their events online.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Local Artists to Be Showcased Along Rail Trail
Latrobe Valley artists will have the chance to showcase their work along one of the region’s most scenic recreational trails.
- Supporting our local creative sector and workers
Local creative workers, collectives and small businesses working in all creative fields are called out to explore Creative Victoria’s 2021 grants programs.
- Regional Roadmap Goes in Wrong Direction
Concerns for many local businesses with Regional Roadmap.
- Regional Victorians still in a state of uncertainty
Government has not made agreements to make Victoria stable.
- Regional Travel Scheme Launched
Regional Travel Voucher Scheme launched with first 40,000 vouchers valued at $200 each available to be redeemed for travel between Saturday, 12 December 2020 and Friday, 22 January 2021.
- Career Development Boosted across Gippsland
Free online Micro-Credentialing of Enterprise Skills Program.
- Regional Victoria to Take Third Step
In the Third Step you can form household bubbles.which will allow households across regional Victoria to choose one other household to be in a bubble. You can visit them in their home and they can visit you – with up to a total of five visitors.
- Ramping up support for local sports infrastructure
Government to help improve the wellbeing outcomes and participation of communities through high-quality recreation infrastructure.
- Regional Victoria Robbed in Big Borrowing, Big Debt Labor Budget
Outspent on city-focused State Budget, delivered little for regional Victorians.
- Regional Roadmap Going in Wrong Direction
Calls to review the thresholds that apply to the "Last Step" within the reopening roadmap to Regional Victoria.
- Regional Vic must Benefit from State Budget
2020-21 Victorian State Budget should lay out a plan to restore Victorians’ lives and livelihoods.
- Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Victoria comes out of the second wave.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Innovation Centre Brings Hundreds of Jobs to Gippsland
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.
- New Regional COVID Rules a Mixed Bag
Mixed views on COVID-19 restrictions for Regional Victorians.
- Bass Coast Local Heroes Celebrated
Recognition of Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year2021 winners.
- Statement on Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Towards recovery with the Third Step.
- Major boost for local road projects
Road upgrades to make road use safer pedestrians and motorists.
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- Who is your Local Hero?
Identify and nominate our local heroes.
- Slam Dunk for Indoor Sports Stadium
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium
- Northe Calls for Clarity on Government Emission Reduction Targets
Transparency and clarity wanted around the energy policy and the content of Emission Reduction Target plans.
- Council’s Responsibilities during the Local Council Election Period
Council Election Caretaker Period from Tuesday 22 September to Saturday 24 October at 6pm.
- Multicultural Media Boost to Reach More Victorians
Gippsland FM Community Radio Society Co-operative Ltd will receive $6300.00 to target the station's expanding podcasts menu.
- Grants Available to Preserve Local History
Encouraging local historians to apply for a share in $350,000 to preserve,record and share history.
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Preserving Morwell’s Local History
Community groups across Victoria are being recognised for preserving, recording and sharing their community’s local history.
- Long-lasting impacts of lockdown on regional Victorians
Our most recent lockdown may have lasted five days, but the impacts will be long-lasting across our regional communities. Is the local government's lack of pandemic preparation making our state suffer?
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Statement on COVID Restrictions for Regional Victoria
Regional Victoria re-entering Stage 3 COVID restrictions this week.
- Nominate and Celebrate your Local Heroes!
Do you know someone living in Bass Coast who regularly goes above and beyond, you can always rely on for help, or you admire for their contribution to the community?
- Big boom, big boon for Aquatic Centre
Major splash at the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre.
- Separate Roadmap Needed for Regional Victoria
Letter to the editor on a separate roadmap needed for regional Victoria.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- VicHealth Funding Announced for Local Groups
Five organisations to share in more than $30,000 of VicHealth funding.
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- Sole Trader Support Fund Applications Now Open
Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
- Da Vinci exhibition opens at Latrobe Regional Gallery
An event to witness the works of Leonardo Da Vinci, the world’s greatest mind.
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Supporting the Landcare Jobs that Protect Eastern Victoria’s Environment
8.967 million to support the Victorian Landcare Program and environmental volunteering.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Truth Masked by Minister on Mandatory Face Coverings for Regional Vic
Regional Victorians need to continue to wear masks.
- No Support for Cellar Doors Closed for Coronavirus Shutdowns
No business support for family-run cellar doors.
- Shocktober Campaign aims to help Save Lives in Regional Victoria
Ambulance Victoria are encouraging communities to learn CPR and how to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), everyday 18 Victorians suffer a cardiac arrest, this can happen to anyone anywhere at any time.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Code of Conduct adopted
The local government act that would reflect the standards and commitment of the council.
- Low Cases Grounds for Early Mark for Regional Vic
Implement New South Wales restrictions in country areas.
- Labor’s Bushfire Recovery ‘Plan’ Long Overdue
Rolling old money up in a new press release delivers nothing for families, businesses and communities in East Gippsland and north east Victoria hit by January’s catastrophic bushfires.
- Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns