Gippsland Portal Local News:
Gippsland Local Government Network backs Regional Summit
GLGN support Gippsland Regional Summit on 23 February 2001 at Monash University, Gippsland Campus.
By Latrobe City Council - 20th February 2001 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have saidThe Gippsland Local Government Network has come out in active and vocal support of the Gippsland Regional Summit being held on 23 February 2001 at Monash University, Gippsland Campus.
"The Gippsland Regional Summit, being organised by Gippsland Development Limited, is a vitally important event for the future development of Gippsland," Chair of GLGN, Councillor Tony Hanning said.
"The Summit will set the scene for development strategies and actions to make a difference to the future economic prosperity of our Region. The Summit will bring together people from across Gippsland to focus their attention on the really
important issues, whether they be agriculture, the timber industry, the energy industry, education and training, innovation and new technology," Cr Hanning said.
"Local government is a major shareholder in Gippsland Development, the regional economic development agency. Through Gippsland Development, Gippsland Councils have invested significantly in cooperative efforts to develop the whole Region.
The Summit is an example of this cooperation. "Economic development staff from the various Gippsland Councils are directly
involved in the running of the Summit and ensuring that it achieves the best possible outcomes. These staff will, for example, be facilitating workshops and discussions,” Cr Hanning added.
“The Regional Summit has already attracted close to 200 registrations, which is an indication of the huge level of support generated across Gippsland.
"However, there is still room for more participation. So interested people should contact Gippsland Development Limited on 5143 2322 about registering,” Cr Hanning concluded.
Chairperson: Cr Tony Hanning, Mayor, Latrobe City.
Telephone: 0417 373 577
Secretary: Ms. Penny Holloway, CEO, Latrobe City.
Telephone: 5173 1401 or 0417 557 103
Jeremy Bein, Public Relations and Communications Officer,
Latrobe City. Telephone: 5173 1468
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- Local Schools to Remain Independent
No merger for local schools.
- Local Green Thumbs Win Big In ABC Gardener of The Year Awards
Hazelwood North couple, Denise and Athol Brand named state finalists in the 2018 ABC Gardener of the Year Awards.
- Local Moe Company Wins Manufacturer of the Year
Medium-sized business Manufacturer of the Year named.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Government Support Runs Dry in Latrobe
Drought continues with little support.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Fixing Local Roads in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire gets help to fix local road network with $100 million Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Great Local Ideas Secure Funding Through Pick My Project
vital funding through Pick My Project
- Federation Training Becomes Tafe Gippsland
Federation Training unveils its new name.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Keeping Our Promises and Delivering for Gippsland
Promises turning to realities for Gippsland.
- Regional Skate Park Plans Shift
Expert's opinion on the Regional Skate Park and Playspace.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Lakes Entrance
$1 million towards an upgrade at St Brendan's School.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Traralgon
Massive upgrade to Traralgon (Kosciuszko Street) Primary School with a re-elected Andrews Local Government official.
- Dedicated Regional Fund Must Continue
1 billion of investment to Regional Victoria to expire on June 30.
- Northe’s Tribute to Local Service Men and Women
Tribute to men and women following ANSAC Day.
- Minister, Labor’s Regional Cuts Are Nothing to be ‘Proud’ of
Minister was proud in cutting the Regional Growth Fund.
- Northe Calls for State Government Action on Steelvision
Decisive action needed to address the Steelvision Morwell debacle.
- Help To Grow Local Events
Bass Coast Shire Council meets up to create strategic plan to attract events to Bass Coast.
- Northe Expresses Disappointment at Lack of Commitment for Lifeline Gippsland
Russell Northe described his reaction to a recent response from the Minister for Mental Health.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- No Plan, No Money for Regional Victoria Under Labor
Premier blows the budget on metro projects, but no plans for Regional Victoria.
- Delve Into Art This May
Gippsland celebrates ‘Come and Play All of May
- Applications Invited For Round 2 of Environmental Grants Scheme
East Gippsland Water now inviting applications for Round 2 Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Gippy’s Leading Food and Fibre Orgs to Merge
Agribusiness Gippsland and the East Gippsland Food Cluster set to amalgamate in early 2019 to support Gippsland’s important $7bn food and fibre industry.
- Upgraded Labtrobe Valley Sports Facilities on their Way
Work starts in building Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) and Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium transformation.
- Northe Calls for Support to Address Terrible Statistics in Local Men’s Health
Calls for additional support to tackle Prostate Cancer
- High-Speed Regional Rail
Peter Walsh's letter to the editor.
- Northe Puts Spotlight on Improved Local Health Services
Ambitious target to half the Victorian suicide rate by 2025.
- All Politics is Local
Bass Coast Shire Council supports the Australian Local Government Association’s (ALGA) Federal Election Advocacy campaign titled ‘All Politics is Local’
- Record Bass Stockings into Blue Rock
Bass stocked into Gippsland to improve inland recreational fishing opportunities.
- Standing with our Valued Lifeline Heroes
Standing with Gippsland communities due to fire and drought.
- Crime Prevention Grants On Offer to Local Communities
Public Safety Infrastructure Fund (PSIF) applications are now open.
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
- Still Time to Apply For an Environmental Grant
There is still time to submit an application for Round 2 of the East Gippsland Water-funded Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Latrobe Valley Information Network (LVIN)
World’s largest real-time environmental monitoring network goes online in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria on the 1st May.
- Farmers’ Market Support Program to return: only under Liberal Nationals
An elected Liberal Nationals Government plans to bring back the Farmers’ Market Support
Program axed by Labor.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.