• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
By Portal Admin - 8th November 2020 - Back to News
Victorian students with a disability will receive extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways, thanks to a Victorian Government investment into their future.
Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing, today announced that specialist schools will receive $750 for each final year student with disability to support their transition to post-school options in 2021. Mainstream schools will also be eligible for the payment to provide extra support for final year students with disability to transition from school.
Schools can use the Post-Secondary Transition Funding Grant to allow school staff to provide transition outreach support for school leavers until the end of Term 1, 2021.
This extra support will give these students opportunities to familiarise themselves with their new settings, learn new skills, and transition confidently with help from teachers and staff from their school.
Schools will be provided with a suite of resources to communicate essential guidance to their school community, such as transition support guides and a parent factsheet.
Transition planning for students with disability involves a holistic and collaborative approach to find the most appropriate opportunities tailored to each student.
This is part of the Victorian Government’s $250 million package, which is the single biggest boost to individual learning support in the state’s history, to support more than 200,000 students across the state to stay engaged in their education.
While 2020 has been a year like no other, students, schools and families have remained steadfast in finding a post-school destination for 2021, while also finishing this year with achievements.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing
"We are investing in the future of every Victorian student to ensure they have the individual support they need to successfully transition into other opportunities outside of school next year."
"Transitioning to a new stage in life can be challenging. That’s why we are giving students with disability extra support to feel confident as they take the next step."
"This fixed payment will allow schools to free up teachers to do this vital work and assist these learners to reach their full potential."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Supporting the Landcare Jobs that Protect Eastern Victoria’s Environment
8.967 million to support the Victorian Landcare Program and environmental volunteering.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- No Support for Cellar Doors Closed for Coronavirus Shutdowns
No business support for family-run cellar doors.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- Sole Trader Support Fund Applications Now Open
Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
14 Million in funds through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) to enable volunteer organisations.
- Voucher Program Supports Businesses
Council’s Business Support Voucher program to help local businesses.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- VicHealth Funding Announced for Local Groups
Five organisations to share in more than $30,000 of VicHealth funding.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Bass Coast Welcomes Funding for Public and Community Housing
$25 million for Bass Coast
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Northe Continues Call for Sole-Trader Support
Wanted: support for local businesses currently excluded from the Victorian Business Support Fund.
- School Buildings Project Funding Announced
Local schools to receive funding for building upgrades and capital investments.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Northe Renews Calls for Lifeline Gippsland Funding Amid Budget Shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Northe Calls for Budget for Big Builds
Russel calls for meaningful support for economic recovery to the Latrobe Valley. It is important the local economy could be stimulated and encouraged with valuable developments in the region.
- Letter to the Editor
Letter of support for the rights of legitimate hunters.