• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
By Portal Admin - 22nd October 2018 - Back to News
San Remo will be home to the region’s best skate park and a new play space thanks to the Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government.
At a recent announcement on the San Remo foreshore, Minister for Sport, the Hon John Eren MP announced a $650,000 commitment through the Community Sport and Infrastructure Program, Major Facilities Fund. This major grant will be matched by Bass Coast Shire Council through its Resort and Recreation Fund ($360,000) and Skate Park Capital Reserve ($290,000).
The project will be delivered in the 2019/20 year, with detailed designs to be undertaken over the coming months.
‘The Channel’ will incorporate a competition sized skate area with bowl and street area, along with a new play area which will accommodate children of all ages. It will be situated on the green space between Marine Parade and Phillip Island Road, at the foot of the Phillip Island bridge.
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Pamela Rothfield, said the new recreation space will be a fantastic asset to the local community and skaters from right across Bass Coast
"Since Council adopted its Skate Strategy earlier this year, we have been working with key stakeholders including the local traders association, VicRoads, the foreshore management committee, state departments and the local skate community to make this project happen," Cr Rothfield said.
"Council understands the important use of the space on the foreshore and will be working with the community to ensure that it is best designed to continue to support events and activities, along with providing a new and improved play area for children of all ages."
It is expected that the regional skate park will add to the local economy through attracting major skating events, and providing a regional facility which people will travel to use.
‘The Channel’ is one of many upcoming skate projects as identified in the Skate Strategy including the replacement of Cowes Skate Park and new skate spaces at both Corinella and Grantville.
The community look forward to the new regional skate park set for San Remo.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Regional Skate Park Plans Shift
Expert's opinion on the Regional Skate Park and Playspace.
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Cowes Skate Park Works Back on Track
Cowes Skate Park work continues.
- Help shape Skate Park and Play Space
Community consultation sessions by Bass Coast Shire Council
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- Guide Park Concept Plan
Feedback are welcome on concept plan to uprade Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Dedicated Regional Fund Must Continue
1 billion of investment to Regional Victoria to expire on June 30.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Minister, Labor’s Regional Cuts Are Nothing to be ‘Proud’ of
Minister was proud in cutting the Regional Growth Fund.
- Council to Back Call for Newstart Increase
Bass Coast Shire Council supports increase Newstart Allowance payments.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- No Plan, No Money for Regional Victoria Under Labor
Premier blows the budget on metro projects, but no plans for Regional Victoria.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- High-Speed Regional Rail
Peter Walsh's letter to the editor.
- Hazelwood Pondage Caravan Park Closure
Hazelwood Pondage Caravan Park temporarily closed.
- Bass Coast’s Best Recognised
Deb Rielly: 2019 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year at the Australia Day Awards.
- 2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Bass Coast Team in Asia’s First Swimrun
Kara Landells of Kilcunda and Nina Barry-Macaulay of Cape Paterson will join 30 athletes from around the world to participate in Asia’s first swimrun
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
- Feedback Wanted for Updated Guide Park Plan
Your opinion wanted on plan for the playspace at Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Work Experience at Bass Coast Shire Coucil
By Mathew Copeland – Year 10 Wonthaggi Secondary College
- Fixing Local Roads in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire gets help to fix local road network with $100 million Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Active Bass Coast
Active Bass Coast Plan, a ten year Plan that sets the scene for healthy and active environments and services into the future.
- Record Bass Stockings into Blue Rock
Bass stocked into Gippsland to improve inland recreational fishing opportunities.
- Applications Invited for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards
Applications are now open for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards.
- Road Safety Boost for Bass Coast Schools
Improvements for kids and families' safety around Inverloch/Kongwak Primary School and Newhaven College.
- Capital Works Coming Up
New footpath in Wonthaggi and drainage improvements in San Remo and Inverloch this month.
- Council Welcomes Location for Phillip Island Community Hospital
Improved access to health services with Phillip Island Community Hospital.
- Council Seeks Community Feedback on Draft 2019/20 Budget
Wanted: Community Feedback for Draft 2019/20 Budget.
- Council Rates Must Be Part of Drought Relief
Call for further steps for drought relief.
- Council Commit Funds to Sound Shell
Additional $150,000 toward the Inverloch Sound Shell project.
- Become a Friend of Grantville Park
To establish Friends of Grantville and District Memorial Park group.
- Keep Recycling, Bass Coast!
Unaffected by the SKM Recycling’s facilities' closure.
- Country Racing Clubs Worse Off While Labor Plays Favourites
Andrews Government refused to boost support to smaller clubs.
- More Rehab Beds for Young Victorians
More support for young regional Victorians with a new youth residential rehab facility.
- Latrobe City Council 2019/2020 Draft Budget and Draft Rating Strategy 2019-20
Budget draft considers investment in generational assets for population growth and enhanced liveability.