• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
By Portal Admin - 30th April 2019 - Back to News
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence, following the amalgamation of East Gippsland Food Cluster and Agribusiness Gippsland into Food & Fibre Gippsland Incorporated.
Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing today returned to Farm World at Lardner Park to launch the new collaboration and the ‘Accelerating Growth in the Gippsland Food and Fibre Industry’ discussion paper.
The discussion paper, prepared by KPMG, sets ambitious growth targets for food and fibre in Gippsland, creating opportunities for an even more prosperous and sustainable food and fibre sector in Gippsland.
In the Victorian Budget 2018/19, the Andrews Labor Government provided $700,000 for the Gippsland Regional Partnership to support initiatives in the region’s food and fibre sector.
Following this, the Partnership made Food & Fibre Gippsland the group’s first priority.
The Latrobe Valley Authority is also working closely with Food & Fibre Gippsland to provide new opportunities to Gippsland producers and businesses operating within the food and fibre sector.
An example of innovation and collaboration at work, Food & Fibre Gippsland, Telstra and Latrobe Valley Authority have already supported the digitisation of five Gippsland producers to improve sales, accounting and inventory processes, and access national and international markets through online sales.
The Labor Government sponsored the project for $250,000 through the Latrobe Valley Authority, supporting Gippsland Jersey, Maffra Cheese, Toms Cap Vineyard, Gippsland Natural Beef and Sailors Grave Brewing to grow their businesses digitally.
Food & Fibre Gippsland is building upon the region’s strengths and unique talents to promote, influence and create positive outcomes for the whole of food and fibre sector in Gippsland.
The ‘Accelerating Growth in the Gippsland Food and Fibre Industry’ discussion paper is available to download in the latest news section at foodandfibregippsland.com.au.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"The launch of Food & Fibre Gippsland is a huge development for the sector in Gippsland – we’re proud to be supporting the growth and sustainability of the food and fibre industry in Gippsland and to facilitating strong market-driven demand for local products for many years to come."
Quotes attributed to Stuart Quigley, Co-Deputy Chair, Food & Fibre Gippsland
"Together with all our stakeholders, members, industry, government and research partners, Food & Fibre Gippsland is focused on supporting the sector to evolve further as the economic engine that drives the region."
Quotes attributed to Karen Cain, CEO, Latrobe Valley Authority
"Latrobe Valley Authority is proud to be working with Food & Fibre Gippsland on important projects that benefit the food and fibre sector locally, as well having a broader economic benefit for the Gippsland region."
Quotes attributable to Paul Ford, Chair of the Gippsland Regional Partnership Food and Fibre Working Group
"Food and fibre is a key engine of the local economy. At each of our three Regional Assemblies, we heard how an action plan was needed for the local food and fibre industry. This is now well and truly underway."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Gippsland’s Leading Food and Fibre Organisations to Amalgamate
New entity supports Gippy food and fibre sectors
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippy’s Leading Food and Fibre Orgs to Merge
Agribusiness Gippsland and the East Gippsland Food Cluster set to amalgamate in early 2019 to support Gippsland’s important $7bn food and fibre industry.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Liberal Nationals Improving Food Security for Vulnerable People in Morwell
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to address the growing issue of food insecurity in the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Victoria’s Kangaroo Pet Food Trial Must Be Made Permanent
Growing frustrations on kangaroo pet food trial.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Kangaroo Pet Food Trial
Decision on kangaroo pet food trial, long overdue.
- Water Sector Signs Innovative Energy Deal
New energy partnership to minimise greenhouse gas emissions and maintain affordable water bills.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- One Month Left on Kangaroo Pet Food Trial
Letter to the editor on kangaroo pet food trial