Harriet Shing MP:
Eastern Victoria Clubs Urged to Apply for Sport and Active Recreation Grants
Applications are now open for the latest round of the Victorian Government’s 2020-21 Sporting Club Grants Program.
By Portal Admin - 15th September 2020 - Back to News
Grassroots sports clubs across Eastern Victoria are being urged to apply for funding to boost their equipment, skills and administration expertise.
Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing today announced applications had opened for the latest round of the Victorian Government’s 2020-21 Sporting Club Grants Program.
The grants provide clubs up to $1,000 for new uniforms and equipment, up to $5,000 for training coaches, officials and volunteers, and up to $5,000 to improve club operational effectiveness.
They help people of all ages and abilities take part in grassroots sport, no matter where they live and are a great boost for clubs who are looking to get back on track following coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.
In addition, the Minister for Community Sport, Ros Spence has also announced the establishment of the new funding program, the Aboriginal Sporting Participation Grants Program.
This program replaces Category 4: Aboriginal Participation from the Sporting Club Grants Program. This new program will be a tailored annual grants program to address participation barriers Victorian Aboriginals experience in sport and active recreation. This program will open for applications later this year.
The Sporting Club Grants Program is part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to make sport more accessible and inclusive, stimulate local economies, build sustainable sport and recreation and volunteer opportunities and increase local participation as coronavirus restrictions are lifted and it is safe to do so.
Since coming to office, the Victorian Government has provided more than 4,300 Sporting Club Grants to clubs across the state, totalling more than $5.8 million.
For more information on the grants and how to apply go to http://www.sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and-funding/our-grants/sporting-club-grants-program
Quotes attributable to Minister for Community Sport, Ros Spence
"Recent coronavirus restrictions have had a heavy impact on community sport, that’s why we’re proud to provide this funding lifeline that opens up a range of opportunities on and off the field for clubs and their members."
"When it is safe to do so, we want community clubs to come back better than ever and this boost will go a long way to help clubs, coaches, athletes and officials get back in the game."
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"The Sporting Club Grants Program is giving grassroots sports clubs in Eastern Victoria the support they need to grow their ranks and help more people than ever play the sports they love."
"I encourage all our local clubs in Eastern Victoria to grasp this opportunity and apply."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Eastern Victorian businesses going digital for Covid normal
Launch of the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- Empowering Eastern Victorians to take charge of their energy bills
Government project that will support and bring community owned and operated renewable energy.
- Supporting Eastern Victoria’s Men’s Sheds
Men in Eastern Victoria will continue to have places to connect, build new friendships and share skills.
- Victorians Urged to Prepare for Fire Season
Fire Action Week runs until 25 October, a time for households to increase their understanding of local fire risks, prepare their properties and plan how to stay safe.
- Sporting Club Grants Now Open
2020/2021 Sporting Club Grants are now open for application.
- 2021 Victorian junior landcare and biodiversity grants now open
Grant application encouraging young people in protecting the environment.
- Victorian Shooters Targeted by Labor Government’s ‘Overreach’
Unsolicited threat to take away firearms licences.
- Victorian Timber Workers an Endangered Species under Labor
Code of Practice for Timber Production 2014 will do nothing to protect jobs.
- 2021 Victorian Youth Parliament Program Applications Now Open
Youth Parliament program to encourage youth in raising awareness on important issues.
- Putting the Mental Health of Victorians First in Eastern Victoria
Victorian Budget 2020/21 will include $868.6 million to ensure Victorians have the mental health support.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Regional Victoria must benefit from state budget
2020-21 Victorian State Budget should lay out a plan to restore Victorians’ lives and livelihoods.
- Regional Victorians still in a state of uncertainty
Government has not made agreements to make Victoria stable.
- Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Victoria comes out of the second wave.
- Supporting the Landcare Jobs that Protect Eastern Victoria’s Environment
8.967 million to support the Victorian Landcare Program and environmental volunteering.
- Regional Victoria robbed in big borrowing, big debt labor budget
Outspent on city-focused State Budget, delivered little for regional Victorians.
- COVID lockdowns leave Victorian kids' mental health worse than any other state, study finds
Lockdown effects on young Victorian’s mental health.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Regional Victoria to Take Third Step
In the Third Step you can form household bubbles.which will allow households across regional Victoria to choose one other household to be in a bubble. You can visit them in their home and they can visit you – with up to a total of five visitors.
- Buck stops with Victorian Labor on stalled Murray Basin Rail Project
Minister Jacinta Allan is attempting to rewrite history by handballing blame for the stalled Murray Basin Rail Project to the Federal Government.
- Building a Sustainable Eastern Victoria
$2.6 million Sustainable Infrastructure Fund grants opened to encourage the use of recycled materials in local infrastructure projects across Victoria.
- Sporting Grants Announced
Successful applicants to the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Big Housing Build for Eastern Victoria
Biggest ever investment in public and community housing.
- Liberal Nationals Release New Plan to get Victorians Back to Work and Back in Business
Victoria needs a bold plan.
- Statement on Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Towards recovery with the Third Step.
- Seasonal workers still not expectd in Victoria for two months, industry says
Farmers in need of seasonal workers.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Major boost for emergency services in Eastern Victoria
Appreciating the emergency service volunteers through amenities and equipment improvement grants.
- Grants Available to Preserve Local History
Encouraging local historians to apply for a share in $350,000 to preserve,record and share history.
- Rating changes will squeeze the life from Victorian fruit juice industry
Government failing to stand against health star ratings of fruit juices and its economic contribution.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
14 Million in funds through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) to enable volunteer organisations.
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Community Sport Survival Package Second Round Open
Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Survival Package – Round 2
- China Trade Barriers Hurting Victorian Farmers
Labor Government stood still with Belt and Road deal despite punitive import suspensions.
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Picker grants barking up the wrong tree, growers say
Work force shortage still has not been resolved by the government.
- Dan’s Dodgy Belt and Road Selling out Victorian Producers
No actions yet for China’s punitive 80 per cent tariff on Australian barley and further threats targeting wine and dairy exports.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Lighting Upgrades to Benefit Sports Clubs
Four recreation reserves get lighting upgrades.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- Dan’s Belt and Road Running over the top of Victorian Farmers
Belt and road deal with China to push while import suspensions target Australian producers?
- Animal welfare grants now open
Animal welfare fund grants are now open for applications.
- Community Safety Grants Now Open
Open application for grants through Government's Building for Safer Communities Program.
- Statement on COVID Restrictions for Regional Victoria
Regional Victoria re-entering Stage 3 COVID restrictions this week.
- Shocktober Campaign aims to help Save Lives in Regional Victoria
Ambulance Victoria are encouraging communities to learn CPR and how to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), everyday 18 Victorians suffer a cardiac arrest, this can happen to anyone anywhere at any time.
- Sole Trader Support Fund Applications Now Open
Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
- Labor’s Got no Shame Steamrolling the Rights of Victorians
Public Health and Wellbeing Act allows a person who suffers loss arising from a direction of the Chief Health Officer to apply to the Secretary for compensation.
- Ramping up support for local sports infrastructure
Government to help improve the wellbeing outcomes and participation of communities through high-quality recreation infrastructure.
- Help shape the Traralgon recreation reserve and showgrounds
A masterplan draft for Traralgon Recreation Reserve to be released for public exhibition.
- Separate Roadmap Needed for Regional Victoria
Letter to the editor on a separate roadmap needed for regional Victoria.
- New Federal funds could open the floodgates to Big Buffalo
Victoria must seize the opportunity to build Big Buffalo and boost water security for irrigators in the northeast after the Federal Budget delivered an unprecedented $2 billion for water infrastructure
- Crime Prevention Grants
Crime Prevention Grants to open for applications by January 2021.