• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Grants Help Eastern Victoria Music Venues Be Good Neighbours
Good Music Neighbours applications, now open!
By Portal Admin - 16th February 2019 - Back to News
Applications are now open for Good Music Neighbours, an Andrews Labor Government program to help Victoria’s live music venues be better neighbours by managing the sound that goes to their local neighbourhoods.
Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing today encouraged all local venues to apply for the program, which provides music venues with matched funding of up to $25,000 for noise management projects.
So far, the program has supported more than 80 venues across Victoria, from iconic music hotspots like The Corner, The Espy and The Tote in the inner city, to outer-metro and regional venues from Mornington to Ballarat – as well as helping venues to host live music events and programs for the first time.
Part of the Labor Government’s $22.2 million Music Works initiative, the program has allowed venues to host more gigs to bigger audiences and increase revenue, while ensuring they uphold local noise laws and regulations.
More than 17 million people soaked up one or more of the 73,000 live music gigs in Victoria in 2017 alone, compared to 62,000 in 2012.
The Labor Government announced last year that Victoria will also stage a huge new music festival, Victoria Live, across the CBD, the suburbs and regional Victoria – kicking off in winter 2020.
Victoria Live will showcase the best the Creative State has to offer, with free and ticketed events ranging from music to workshops and talks, great local food, wine and craft beer.
Applications for this round of the Good Music Neighbours program will open tomorrow to venues across Victoria and close on 7 March.
For more information, including full guidelines and application tips, visit creative.vic.gov.au/gmn.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing.
"Victoria is the live music capital of Australia and we’re proud to keep it that way - that’s why we’re supporting local venues to be better neighbours so they can host more gigs."
"Part of maintaining a vibrant music culture is helping venues fix the challenges they face, like noise complaints from neighbouring residents and businesses."
"I would encourage all of our region’s fantastic live venues to apply for a grant to help that ensure they can keep making music well into the future."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Giving Eastern Victoria Regions’ Hard-Working Carers the Helping Hand They Deserve
Package of nearly $50 million to go towards grants for initiatives that support carers.
- Grants to Kickstart Multicultural Events
$3 million worth of community event grants for multicultural groups
- Eastern Victoria Locals Urged to Take Care on Quad Bikes
A renewed call for vigilance on and around all-terrain vehicles or quad bikes.
- Community Grants Give Groups Fundraising Boost
Thirty-three community groups awarded at the presentation of Round 2 of the 2018 Community Grants Program.
- Help Improve Accessibility In Bass Coast
Help improve accessibility by considering to nominate to join Bass Coast Shire Council’s Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee.
- Community Grants Attract Record Applications
Numerous applications requesting over $285,000 in grant funding.
- Bumper Grants Round Now Open
Complete a project plan when applying for Major Project funding.
- Help Stop E-Waste Entering Landfill
E-waste banned from all Victorian landfills.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Help shape Skate Park and Play Space
Community consultation sessions by Bass Coast Shire Council
- Help To Grow Local Events
Bass Coast Shire Council meets up to create strategic plan to attract events to Bass Coast.
- Honouring Eastern Victoria’s Inspiring Seniors
Nominations are now open for community contributions by seniors and organisations.
- Crime Prevention Grants On Offer to Local Communities
Public Safety Infrastructure Fund (PSIF) applications are now open.
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- Children’s Facilities Capital Program Grants Now Open in Eastern Victoria
2019/20 Children’s Facilities Capital Program opens today.
- More Young People in Eastern Victoria Region Urged to be Organ Donors
Young people urged to joint the Australian Organ Donor Register.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Keeping Our Promises to Eastern Victoria Region
Local families will benefit from brand-new Baby Bundles, new and expanded School Breakfast Clubs and the next stage of our Solar homes program.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- Country Victoria set for $30 million connectivity boost under the Liberal Nationals
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
- 5,000 Gippsland Residents Get Help at The Orange Door
Safety offered from threat of family violence when you enter the Morwell Orange Door.
- Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants Now Open
Latest round of grant to protect the environment, now open.
- Baby Bundles Coming to Eastern Victoria
Free baby bundles for first-time parents.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Good Chef, Bad Chef to Feature at Sister Cities Festival
‘Good Chef’ Rosie to cook at Latrobe City Council’s Sister Cities Festival on Friday 9 November at the Moe Botanical Gardens.
- Get Screened To Reduce the Impact of Cancer in Eastern Victoria Region
Get yourselves and your loved ones screened.
- One-Stop-Shop for TAFE Jobs in Eastern Victoria
A place for industry experts in Victoria's TAFE sector.
- Changing the Game for Women in Eastern Victoria
Continued support for women in sport.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Have Your Say on Volunteering in Eastern Victoria
Share your experiences and ideas about community life and volunteering in the region.
- Applications Invited For Round 2 of Environmental Grants Scheme
East Gippsland Water now inviting applications for Round 2 Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Nominations Open for 65th Victorian Training Awards
Nominations now open for the 65th Victorian Training Awards
- East Gippsland Water grants
Get Those Applications In for an Environmental Grant
- More Funding Announced For Environment Volunteers in Eastern Victoria
Opening of the 2019-2020 Victorian Landcare Grant.
- Daniel Andrews’ Budget Delay Good for Labor, Bad for Victorians
Shameful delay in State Budget.
- Better Boating and Better Fishing for People in Eastern Victoria
$82.2 million investment for better boating and boost recreational fishing.
- Daniel Andrews on Standby as Country Victoria Loses Population
No action on shocking decline in Regional Victoria’s population.
- Northe Congratulates Good Friday Appeal Community Leaders
Contributors to Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal acknoweledged.
- Making Kindergartens More Inclusive For All Children in Eastern Victoria
Playgrounds and buildings upgrades to support children with additional needs.
- No Plan, No Money for Regional Victoria Under Labor
Premier blows the budget on metro projects, but no plans for Regional Victoria.
- Applications Invited for Round 3 of Environmental Grants
Applications are now open for Round 3 of Environmental Grants.