• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
By Portal Admin - 16th June 2019 - Back to News
Students in Gippsland are a step closer to having the state-of-the-art training facilities they deserve, with the Andrews Labor Government today announcing that TAFE Gippsland has appointed an architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
The designs, by Victorian architects GHD Woodhead Architecture, are the next step in the $60.5 million projects, which are set to revitalise TAFE Gippsland facilities and training delivery.
The Labor Government provided $35.5 million for the Morwell campus redevelopment and $25 million to build the new Port of Sale campus, in the 2018/19 Budget.
The upgraded Morwell campus will contain a Future Skills Training Centre and a Technical Training Centre of Excellence to provide further learning pathways for students.
TAFE Gippsland is continuing to run community consultations to determine which courses it will offer at the new Port of Sale campus and upgraded Morwell campus.
The Labor Government is investing a record amount in the state’s TAFEs to ensure students have the best vocational education facilities and equipment that support their learning and training needs.
Through investment in brand new TAFE buildings and the Free TAFE initiative, local students can get the skills they need for the jobs this Government is creating.
Quote attributable to Minister for Training and Skills and Higher Education Gayle Tierney
"This redevelopment of TAFE Gippsland is another great example of the work we’re doing to deliver training solutions to meet the needs of students and industry as they adapt in a changing economy."
Quote attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"The upgrade of TAFE Gippsland’s Morwell campus and the development of the new Port of Sale campus reflects our determination to meet the needs of students, staff and teachers across Gippsland, and to provide greater access to training for students including those who are accessing free TAFE."
Quote Attributable to TAFE Gippsland CEO Grant Radford
"This is another exciting step forward for TAFE Gippsland. Our community and stakeholder consultations over the coming weeks will play an integral role in identifying the appropriate mix of courses to inform the architectural designs of the new facilities in Morwell and Sale."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Gippsland Soccer Scores New Synthetic Field of Dreams
FIFA-accredited synthetic pitch for Gippsland Soccer.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- Free TAFE Starts at Federation Training Morwell
Free TAFE program for students and job seekers from the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland’s Leading Food and Fibre Organisations to Amalgamate
New entity supports Gippy food and fibre sectors
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland, a Tourism Boom that Keeps Growing
New data showed 2018 as tourism industry's biggest year.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Startup Gippsland 2019 Culminates In Dynamic Pitch Night -Prize Winners Announced
Grand finale event of the 2019 Startup Gippsland program.
- Startup Gippsland Accelerator Program Leads Australia
Startup Gippsland program recognised as an outstanding success.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Plight of Gippsland Farmers Still Being Ignored
No help yet for Gippsland farmers.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- East Gippsland Water grants
Get Those Applications In for an Environmental Grant
- Tarwin Valley Primary School Upgrade a Step Closer
AOA Architects appointed to design a S500, 000 upgrade of the Tarwin Valley Primary School.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- One-Stop-Shop for TAFE Jobs in Eastern Victoria
A place for industry experts in Victoria's TAFE sector.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- Support for Those Newly Diagnosed with Parkinson’s
Diagnosed with Parkinson’s in the past 5 years? A Parkinson’s Victoria Recently Diagnosed Seminar in Traralgon on Thursday 18 July is designed to help you better understand and manage your condition.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- New Era Kicks Off for Latrobe Valley Soccer
Newly installed FIFA accredited synthetic pitch at Gippsland Regional Centre.
- Sale Showgrounds Open and Water Tower Redevelopment Happening
New amenities and recreation building at the Sale Showgrounds is now open.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- Federation Training Becomes Tafe Gippsland
Federation Training unveils its new name.
- New Carpet Can’t Paper over Cracks in V/Line’s Old Rolling Stock
New seat fabrics and carpet as improvement for V/line.
- New Partnership for Latrobe Valley Skills
New partnership to prepare Latrobe Valley workers for upcoming jobs in the electric vehicle industry.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Indoor Baseball Training Facility for Local Clubs
All-weather baseball training facility now open!
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.