• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Road safety improvement works Wonthaggi
Road safety improvement to start on 3 April 2018.
By Portal Admin - 10th April 2018 - Back to News
Road safety improvement works are being undertaken at the intersection of Baillieu Street East and McKenzie Street in Wonthaggi as part of Councils 2017/18 Capital Works Program.
The works are anticipated to start Tuesday 3 April 2018 and will take up to 5 weeks.
The works are happening over the school holiday period to minimise disruption to school buses and general road users in the area.
The works are funded by Bass Coast Shire Council and will cost $200,000.
Bass Coast Shire Council Mayor, Cr Pamela Rothfield explains the project will improve the intersection safety.
‘The works will control the traffic speed at this intersection and support a dedicated right turn lane from McKenzie Street into Baillieu Street East,’ says Cr Rothfield.
‘The linemarking and pavement works that are taking place as part of this project will better define the intersection, making it a lot safer,’ she said.
The works will involve:
- Pavement widening and renewal works within the intersection of McKenzie Street and Baillieu Street.
- Minor drainage and kerb and channel works along the south corner of Baillieu Street East and McKenzie Street (residential) side and east side of McKenzie Street.
- Modify the existing concrete median island on Baillieu Street East to improve traffic flow and accommodate turning lane.
- Installation of appropriate signage and line marking at intersections.
Full road closure and detours will be in place throughout the day during school holidays. Other temporary traffic diversions will be in place throughout the remaining duration of works.
Drivers are advised to expect some delays or seek alternative route. Drivers are also urged to be patient and obey all traffic control measures onsite.
To get the latest updates visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/projects or contact Council on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here