• Add My News • Search Old News
Russel Northe MLA:
Latrobe L2P Program: Driver mentor Program to Continue till 2023
Continued assistance to young people with challenges in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
By Portal Admin - 5th May 2019 - Back to News
L2P is an innovative community based program funded by TAC and administered through Vic Roads, which has been developed to provide assistance to young people who face significant barriers in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
Berry Street Morwell who currently operate Latrobe L2P, have been providing young people in the Latrobe Valley, and who do not have access to a supervising driver or vehicle, with the opportunity to participate in a Learner Driver Mentor Program.
"This program allows young people, who would otherwise not have the opportunity, to gain the driving experience required to apply for a probationary license" said Mr Northe
The program attracts a diverse range of mentors, including professional drivers, emergency service workers, youth workers and retirees, but the program is always open to potential mentors as they are always in need of volunteers
"Mentors have been the driving force behind this highly recognised program and I strongly encourage anyone that would like to mentor and assist with this program to contact Berry Street Morwell," said Mr Northe.
Mr Northe had written to the Minister for Roads and Road Safety Jaala Pulford seeking the continuation of funding for the L2P program beyond the 30th June, 2019 and "We were thrilled to receive confirmation that funding will continue for another four years," said Mr Northe.
"As chairperson of the Latrobe L2P Program I am ecstatic to receive this positive news as are all our local partners, supporters, drivers and mentors," said Mr Northe
"Currently across Victoria there are 68 L2P programs operating, which clearly demonstrates the tremendous dedication local organisations and volunteers are undertaking in helping young people gain driving experience," said Mr Northe
For many young people particularly in regional areas the acquiring of a probationary drivers licence opens so many doors and opportunities, and that is why L2P is critically important," said Mr Northe
More information on L2P can be found at: https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/your-ps/getyour-ps/preparing-for-your-licence-test/l2p-learner-driver-mentor-program
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct – Sod turning Ceremony
Commemoration: beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct.
- Latrobe Valley Information Network (LVIN)
World’s largest real-time environmental monitoring network goes online in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria on the 1st May.
- Latrobe City Council 2019/2020 Draft Budget and Draft Rating Strategy 2019-20
Budget draft considers investment in generational assets for population growth and enhanced liveability.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- Latrobe Boost to Emergency Ambulance Arrivals
Data shows Ambulance arrtival at the scene of emergencies two minutes quicker in the March quarter.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
- Farmers’ Market Support Program to return: only under Liberal Nationals
An elected Liberal Nationals Government plans to bring back the Farmers’ Market Support
Program axed by Labor.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Inequity Continues for Latrobe Valley Commuters
Still no support for public transport services and prices for Latrobe Valley commuters.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Baw Baw L2P Celebrates 10 Years
Celebrating 10 years of supporting local learner drivers get their licence.
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Fun, Fact and The Famous at This Year’s Latrobe Literary Festival
Diverse program mix in this year's Latrobe Literary Festival.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- Continued Boost for Youth Crime Prevention
More funding to a vital youth crime prevention program.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Drought Relief Necessary in Latrobe – Northe
Appeal for support for farmers in drought conditions.
- Safe and Strong Latrobe
Safe and Strong Latrobe, designed to prevent violence against women.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Boosting Safety and Reliability on Latrobe Roads
Reliable and safe roads with Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Aged and Disability Services Continue to Support our Community
Continued aged support through transition.
- Government Support Runs Dry in Latrobe
Drought continues with little support.
- Backing Community Projects in Latrobe
Support for community projects in Latrobe.
- Funding Extension for Council’s Rural Access Program
Support for disability with Building Inclusive Communities ‘Rural Access’ Program.
- Young Leaders Celebrate Community
Students in the 2019 Bass Coast Young Leader program parcipates in a workshop to celebrate their community.
- Free TAFE Starts at Federation Training Morwell
Free TAFE program for students and job seekers from the Latrobe Valley.