• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
A New Home for the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre
PICAL’s current site is set to be the site for the new Phillip Island Community Hospital.
By Portal Admin - 15th September 2020 - Back to News
Bass Coast Shire Council, in partnership with Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL), has begun work on the design for a new facility for PICAL in Cowes.
For the full media release please click on this link: https://www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/about-council/news-listing/a-new-home-for-the-phillip-island-community-and-learning-centre
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- New Federal funds could open the floodgates to Big Buffalo
Victoria must seize the opportunity to build Big Buffalo and boost water security for irrigators in the northeast after the Federal Budget delivered an unprecedented $2 billion for water infrastructure
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- New Business Penalties and Rules raise concern
Strong penalties and rules that now apply for booking arrangements in Regional Victoria.
- New Initiative Opens Cultural Doors for Locals
Distance and transport will no longer be a barrier for Latrobe Valley residents wanting to attend cultural events in the regional city.
- New look Morwell Rose Festival to Go Ahead
Annual celebration of the stunning blooms of Morwell’s Centenary Rose Garden will push thru.
- New Addition to Cowes Footpath Network
$90,000 project will take around four weeks to complete under the Aspirational Pathways Program.
- New Regional COVID Rules a Mixed Bag
Mixed views on COVID-19 restrictions for Regional Victorians.
- New CFA Station for Winnindoo
Winnindoo Country Fire Authority (CFA) volunteer fire station in the Wellington Shire will be under the $126 million CFA capability funding.
- Launch of New look 2020 International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
Launch of International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Liberal Nationals Release New Plan to get Victorians Back to Work and Back in Business
Victoria needs a bold plan.
- Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Sharon Gibson is the new Mayor of Latrobe City
- Have your say on Victoria‘S New Container Deposit Scheme
Victorians can continue to dispose of their bottles with a 10 cent refund for aluminum, glass and plastic drink containers returned for recycling.
- Home Library offers Lockdown Lifeline
Home Library Service extended to everyone who wanted to borrow items, with no restrictions on age.
- On the Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Artists need to register their interest by submitting a portfolio of previous works by Sunday, 22 November.
- Community Sport Survival Package Second Round Open
Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Survival Package – Round 2
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Community Food Relief Fund Applications Open
Launch of the State Governments $5 million Community Food Relief Fund
- Boosting Red Meat Industry, Smart Farms Small Grants, and Have your Say on New Fisheries Framework
Free weekly update on research to benefit farmers.
- Regions Still in Lockdown Despite No New Cases
Why do communities and businesses in country Victoria can’t move to the Last Step?
- Policies Adopted in Time for New Act
The Public Transparency Policy 2020 provides clarity on the information Council must make available, access to that information and categories of information that Council may not be able to make available to the public.
- Caring for our Diverse Community
Council appointed new members to the City Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- COVID-19 Restrictions to Impact Bass Coast over New Year
No fireworks displays in 2020.
- Millions in Stamp Duty Savings for First Home Buyers
First home buyers spared millions of dollars in stamp duty costs over the past financial year.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Planning for Aquatics Centres Underway
Business Case that include operational and concept plans to prepare Phillip Island Aquatic and Leisure Centre and a redeveloped Bass Coast Aquatic and Leisure Centre in Wonthaggi.
- Bass Coast Welcomes Funding for Public and Community Housing
$25 million for Bass Coast
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Labor’s Bushfire Recovery ‘Plan’ Long Overdue
Rolling old money up in a new press release delivers nothing for families, businesses and communities in East Gippsland and north east Victoria hit by January’s catastrophic bushfires.
- Inverloch Projects Ready to Go
Projects include road and kerb renewal works along Golf Street, between Freda Street and Sandymount Avenue and the design and installation of a new shelter at the Wallace Avenue Park.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- Low Cases Grounds for Early Mark for Regional Vic
Implement New South Wales restrictions in country areas.
- Register Now to Detox your Home
Detox Your Home: free service to dispose of unwanted toxic chemicals.
- $2.5 Million for Cowes Cultural Centre
Demolition of the old site is underway, while construction of the new facility will start in early 2021 and is expected to take 12 to 14 months.
- Expansion for Longwarry Early Learning Centre
Longwarry Early Learning Centre to receive receive $500,000 from the Growing Suburbs Fund.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Ambulance Stations still on Hold
No progress on the promised new Morwell and Moe Ambulance Stations.
- Call Out for Creative Ideas to Boost Tourism
Ideas needed for creative projects that have strong potential to become new tourist attractions, contributing to the economic recovery of the region in 2021 and beyond.