• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
By Portal Admin - 11th November 2018 - Back to News
Gippsland locals can look forward to more frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice thanks to a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
A re-elected Labor Government will deliver a Superstation at Pakenham which will include a dedicated V/Line track and third platform to separate the regional and metropolitan trains at the new station. This will improve reliability, and reduce congestion at Pakenham where metro and regional trains meet.
The new Pakenham station – to be delivered as part of the commitment to remove all four level crossings in Pakenham – will provide Gippsland passengers travelling to the suburbs the option of a seamless interchange onto high frequency metro services, to be serviced by the new, bigger High Capacity Metro Trains. There will be no change to existing Gippsland V/Line services, which will continue to run through to the city.
The Andrews Labor Government is getting on with the $530 million Gippsland Line Upgrade, which will deliver more frequent and reliable train services to and from Traralgon and has already seen modern V/Locity trains run to Bairnsdale for the first time.
The Labor Government has also invested $9 million across the rail corridor to deliver accessibility, safety and car parking improvements at Traralgon, Moe, Trafalgar and Morwell stations. We’ve added additional V/Locity carriages and over 25 services, to get people where they need to go and the Gippsland Line Upgrade will allow for trains every 20 minutes during the morning peak.
A re-elected Labor Government will also begin planning work to increase services between Pakenham and Traralgon, providing improved public transport options for local passengers to access education, jobs and social events in and throughout the Latrobe Valley.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Public Transport Jacinta Allan
"Works are underway on the Gippsland Line Upgrade which will allow for more trains more often – and a Superstation at Pakenham will deliver a more reliable service."
"Unlike the Victorian Liberals we are delivering real projects – that will get people where they need to go."
Quote attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"We are absolutely determined to continue the work we have started to improve the services on the Gippsland line."
"A new Superstation along with the removal of these four level crossings in Pakenham will improve the reliability of our services and provide more travel choices for passengers who are travelling to and from Gippsland."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- More Rehab Beds for Young Victorians
More support for young regional Victorians with a new youth residential rehab facility.
- More Improvements to Roads and Pathways
Capital Works projects underway, including road sealing and footpath renewals.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Helping More Young Victorians Learn To Drive
Support for young Victorian student drivers.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Lakes Entrance
$1 million towards an upgrade at St Brendan's School.
- Delivering For Country Football and Netball Clubs
Another chance to upgrade grounds, courts and pavilions.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Traralgon
Massive upgrade to Traralgon (Kosciuszko Street) Primary School with a re-elected Andrews Local Government official.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Aged and Disability Services Continue to Support our Community
Continued aged support through transition.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Startup Gippsland Participant Wins a trip to China
Founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins 2 day hackathon in Nanjing, China.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- Century Milestone for Community Facility and Event Grants
More than 100 community projects now realised with support from the Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community Facility Fund.
- Trout Stocking Bonanza for School Holidays
More than 30,000 catchable size rainbow trout stocked into almost 80 waters state-wide.
- Continued Boost for Youth Crime Prevention
More funding to a vital youth crime prevention program.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- Renters to Benefit from Labor’s Solar Panels Plan
Inclusion of more Victorians in a half-price solar panels rollout.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Fixing Country Roads as Maintenance Blitz Ramps Up
$70 million share for safer and more reliable roads.
- Small Business Experts Head for Moe
Access to relevant, reliable and affordable information on growing the business at workshops to be held in October for small businesses in the Moe are.