Gippsland Portal Local News:
East Gippsland council considers mosquito control
The controversial mosquito problem opens for public debate
By ABC online - 10th November 2000 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have saidEast Gippsland Shire Council will hold a public forum on Wednesday night to discuss the controversial issue of mosquito control.
Click here for the full story.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Newborough East Primary School Wins Gardening Award
Inaugural gardening award won by Newborough East Primary School
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Putting Gippsland People First
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- Council’s Responsibilities during the Local Council Election Period
Council Election Caretaker Period from Tuesday 22 September to Saturday 24 October at 6pm.
- Council to seek legal advice over Minister’s ULAB decision
Council voted to seek advice from a Senior Counsel after being disappointed by the Minister’s decision in approving an amendment.
- Council and police to patrol Lake Narracan this long weekend
Latrobe council working with Victoria police to ensure compliance on the local laws Labour Day long weekend.
- Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Sharon Gibson is the new Mayor of Latrobe City
- Council Works with Community towards COVID Recovery
You can still call Council on 1300 367 700 and receive assistance with COVID-19 related matters.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Council welcomes VinFast to Bass Coast
VinFast to establish business in Bass Coast that will help support local jobs, while also acknowledging the value of the surrounding bushland.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Northe Renews Calls for Lifeline Gippsland Funding Amid Budget Shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Youth Council Spreads Health Message
Good Food for Mental Health project was identified to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for the Latrobe City population.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Big Housing Build for Eastern Victoria
Biggest ever investment in public and community housing.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Bass Coast Shire Council makes more service changes due to COVID
Face-to-face customer services and visitor services will cease at Wonthaggi, Cowes and Inverloch and will operate in other communication means.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Career Development Boosted across Gippsland
Free online Micro-Credentialing of Enterprise Skills Program.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Innovation Centre Brings Hundreds of Jobs to Gippsland
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.