• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
By Portal Admin - 8th January 2019 - Back to News
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists to create a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Brett Tessari, explained that the key aim for the $47,000 commission is to provide an additional attraction to the area, drawing visitor’s to explore the Hinterland region.
"We’d love to see some really quirky and different concepts come through the EOI process,"Cr Tessari said.
"Something that will spark people’s curiosity, maybe a series of smaller scale artworks creating a trail through our beautiful and less travelled routes, and something that really captures the character and culture of the Bass Valley and Hinterland region."
Artists can choose and propose their preferred sites, which will be subject to Council approval.
Applications close on Sunday, 16 December.
Artists can access more information, the EOI guidelines and the grant application at Council’s website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/publicart
More information can also be sought by contacting Team Leader Arts and Culture on email@example.com or phoning 03 5671 2414 or 1300 BCOAST (226 271).
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New Partnership for Latrobe Valley Skills
New partnership to prepare Latrobe Valley workers for upcoming jobs in the electric vehicle industry.
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Council to Back Call for Newstart Increase
Bass Coast Shire Council supports increase Newstart Allowance payments.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Pitch Perfect Start for Cricket Centre of Excellence
New Cricket Centre of Excellence at Ted Summerton Reserve now underway.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- One of A Kind Destination
Helping Phillip Island and San Remo become a leading tourist destination worldwide.
- Comment on Arts and Culture
New Strategy replaces the 2015-2019 Arts and Culture Plan
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Delve Into Art This May
Gippsland celebrates ‘Come and Play All of May
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.