• Add My News • Search Old News
Gippsland Portal Feature:
Planning for Jobs and Homes in Gippsland
Andrews Labor Gov makes quicker & easier to build new homes & infrastructure!
Four Gipssland municipalities can now easily build new home and infrastructure.
By Portal Admin - 26th August 2018 - Back to News
The Andrews Labor Government is making it quicker and easier to build new homes and infrastructure in Gippsland, awarding $240,000 in grants to four Gippsland municipalities.
Funding will help councils to undertake critical town planning projects, developing growth plans and job opportunities.
- $85,000 to Baw Baw Shire Council to review the Development Contributions Plan for Drouin and Warragul
- $80,000 to Wellington Shire Council to support a development plan to unlock land for jobs on a 55ha site adjacent to the West Sale Aerodrome
- $50,000 to Latrobe City Council Victorian Planning Authority (VPA) services to prepare the South East Traralgon Precinct Structure Plan and associated Development Contributions Plan and Native Vegetation Precinct Plan
- $25,000 to Bass Coast Shire Council in VPA services for the delivery of the Wonthaggi North East Precinct Structure Plan and Development Contributions Plan.
The funding is part of the Streamlining for Growth program, to improve planning in growth areas and help them flourish.
The Labor Government is investing $24 million into the Streamlining for Growth program over four years, to fund initiatives that will boost new affordable housing, jobs and infrastructure.
For more information, visit vpa.vic.gov.au/streamlining-for-growth-program.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing
"Managing growth in jobs, infrastructure and housing in regional Victoria is a high priority."
"It’s part of our ongoing investment to cut red tape and improve the planning process for growing communities in Gippsland."
Quotes attributable to Minister for Planning Richard Wynne
"We’re getting the planning right and delivering the infrastructure and services people in Gippsland need."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here