• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
By Portal Admin - 12th January 2019 - Back to News
Drivers in Victoria’s east will experience a better journey along two newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland which will open to traffic this week.
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester said nearly seven and a half kilometres of extra lanes will open to traffic to bring immediate safety improvements along this busy and important stretch of the Princes Highway.
"Work has been completed on two key sections of the Princes Highway East duplication at Traralgon East and Nambrok – including an upgraded intersection at Maffra-Rosedale Road and two new bridges over Sheepwash Creek," Mr Chester said.
"Completing these upgrades to key sections of the Princes Highway demonstrates our commitment to regional Australia – and will go a long way to improving journeys for drivers through Gippsland."
One of the key features of the newly upgraded sections of the Princes Highway East is the two new bridges over Sheepwash Creek, spanning more than 30 metres each, to fully duplicate the highway through this section.
Construction started on these sections early 2017, as part of the 31-kilometre duplication of the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale.
These are the final two of nine sections to be completed as part of the $260 million investment jointly funded by the Australian and Victorian Governments.
State Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing said between 10,000 and 15,000 vehicles rely on this part of the Princes Highway each day.
"We know that around one in five of those trucks, are using the road to access farms, the paper mill and the local RAAF base in Sale," Ms Shing said.
"The community has been pushing for a better and safer duplicated Princes Highway – and we’re thrilled to finish these important upgrades."
This marks the completion of the currently funded Princes Highway East duplication, which has been delivered by Victoria’s Major Road Projects Authority.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- Sale Showgrounds Open and Water Tower Redevelopment Happening
New amenities and recreation building at the Sale Showgrounds is now open.
- Safety Work Complete Between Longwarry and Traralgon
Safer travels between Longwarry and Traralgon with Princes Highway.
- Liberal Nationals Will Finish Duplication of Princes Hwy
Elected Liberal Nationals government to finish the duplication of the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Better Boating and Better Fishing for People in Eastern Victoria
$82.2 million investment for better boating and boost recreational fishing.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Temporary Traralgon Library Hours
Traralgon Library closing.
- Sale Greyhounds Celebrate Spring Racing and Seniors
Upgrades for the infrastructure at the Sale Greyhound Racing Club.
- Slam Dunk for Traralgon Sports Stadium
Traralgon Sports Stadium transformation underway.
- Works on Track for the Traralgon to Morwell Shared Pathway
Continuing works on the Traralgon to Morwell shared pathway.
- The Line Between Us
Art in exploration of time and connection between natural and synthetic environment.
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Gippsland, a Tourism Boom that Keeps Growing
New data showed 2018 as tourism industry's biggest year.
- Gippsland’s Leading Food and Fibre Organisations to Amalgamate
New entity supports Gippy food and fibre sectors