Bass Coast Local News:
Community grants announced
Bass Coast Shire Council approved more than $55,000 worth of community grants
By Bass Coast Shire Council - 30th November 2001 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Bass Coast Shire Council approved more than $55,000 worth of community grants at last week’s Council meeting (21 November 2001).
Cr Miranda Sage, Mayor of Bass Coast Shire Council, explained that the annual grants are open to all non-profit community groups or organisations in Bass Coast Shire.
"All applicants must be able to demonstrate how their proposal will benefit residents of Bass Coast Shire," said Cr Sage. "Council was delighted to have so many worthy organisations apply for funding in this year’s program."
The following groups were successful in applying for funding:
Artists’ Society of Phillip Island $1,500
Purchase of a copier/printer to assist with providing information to members and the community. The community will also be given access to the copier during business hours for a fee to cover running costs.
Bass Coast Artists’ Society $800
Production of an information brochure that promotes the Society and its activities to residents and visitors, and encourages participation in the arts.
Bass Coast Arts and Cultural Forum $1,000
Production of Art Tour 2002 brochure that promotes artists, art galleries and historic sites in Bass Coast Shire.
Australian Air League $825
Provision of teaching aids such as overhead projector, stationery cupboard and projection screen for youth aviation training.
Corinella & District Community Centre $800
Purchase of coloured lights for installation in Norfolk Pine. The tree is located in a focal point of the foreshore area where Carols by Candlelight and other activities are held.
Inverloch Community Association $500
Seeding grant to meet the cost of hiring meeting facilities and other committee expenses.
Kilcunda Country Fire Authority Brigade $464
Purchase of tripod lighting to be used at incidents to light area.
Phillip Island Baptist Church Playgroup $700
Purchase of shade sail.
Safety House Association, Cowes $100
Establishment of safety house zone signs in residential areas.
Westernport Safety Council $2,500
Purchase of HF radio equipment to extend the radio network for the Cowes Yacht Club, who act as a base in the Shire’s area.
Wonthaggi Toy Library $1,000
Purchase of active toys, puzzles and educational toys.
Wonthaggi Business and Tourism Assoc. $1,000
Contribution towards art work for a "Wonthaggi" brochure.
Barb Martin Bushbank $3,000
Production of a brochures for an indigenous plant list and bushbank promotional brochures.
Cape Paterson Coastal Plains Landcare Group $3,430
Seeding grant to set up a community seed bank.
Inverloch Historical Society $3,000
Publication of six books relating to the Inverloch area.
Wonthaggi Genealogy Inc $3,000
Purchase of indexes of UK births, deaths and marriages.
Bass Coast YMCA $2,300
Purchase of equipment to establish a gymnastic class at Phillip Island and additional equipment for classes at Wonthaggi.
Coronet Bay Combined Community Group $2,500
Purchase of sporting equipment to be used for little athletics and other children’s activities.
Cowes Yacht Club $3,425
Purchase of two second hand fiberglass Pacer yachts and 18 life jackets to assist with the "Sail Training" program for juniors.
Inverloch Bowling Club $230
Directional road signage for the club to assist in promoting its activities and location.
Moonya – Bass Coast Industries $300
Cost of hiring film and advertising for International Day of Disability.
Salvation Army Gippscare $5,000
Purchase of expresso coffee machine, juice machine and crockery to assist with opening a cyber café in Wonthaggi.
San Remo and District Community Centre $2,000
Support for a Women’s Health Day to assist with promoting women’s wellness in the municipality.
Schizophrenia Fellowship of Victoria – "The Garage"$1,870
Purchase of a guitar for music program and digital camera to document programs.
South Gippsland Community Support Service $778
Purchase of sewing machine and overlocker to assist in establishing a sewing group.
Wonthaggi Croquet Club $1,475
Purchase of 4 sets of balls and 1 set of hoops.
Inverloch Coast Action Umbrella Group $3,000
Preservation of the "Glades" picnic facility
Inverloch Surf Life Saving Club $4,950
Purchase of equipment such as rubber boats, competition boards and resuscitation dummies.
South Gippsland Equestrian Action Group $600
Installation of two weighted gates to assist with protection land accessed by horse riders.
Wonthaggi Royal Life Saving Club $3,124
Purchase of shade canopy and three junior rescue boards.
Woolamai Beach Surf Life Saving Club $2,200
Purchase of equipment to assist in training members for patrols, surf awareness program training, junior members and school education programs.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Community Grants Give Groups Fundraising Boost
Thirty-three community groups awarded at the presentation of Round 2 of the 2018 Community Grants Program.
- Community Grants Attract Record Applications
Numerous applications requesting over $285,000 in grant funding.
- Community-Led Road Safety Initiatives Funded
VicRoads Community Road Safety Grants Program's 1.3 million fund for road safety awareness.
- Community Input Needed for Off-Leash Areas
Community input needed on potential off-leash beach areas.
- Community Spirit Shines Bright for Flynn Hall Makeover
A 97-year-old building can serve the community once again, thanks to the people of the small Latrobe City township of Flynn.
- Community Input Needed on Masterplans
Future of Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes and Harold Hughes Reserve in Corinella.
- Council Seeks Community Feedback on Draft 2019/20 Budget
Wanted: Community Feedback for Draft 2019/20 Budget.
- Backing Community Projects in Baw Baw
Support for community projects across Baw Baw Shire.
- Backing Community Projects in Latrobe
Support for community projects in Latrobe.
- Building a Community Hospital on Phillip Island
Re-elected Andrews Labor Government to deliver the Phillip Island Community Hospital in Cowes.
- Century Milestone for Community Facility and Event Grants
More than 100 community projects now realised with support from the Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community Facility Fund.
- Boosting Community Safety in Traralgon
Funding for the Traralgon Reserves and Pathways Lighting Improvements project announced.
- Grants to Kickstart Multicultural Events
$3 million worth of community event grants for multicultural groups
- Putting the Hill End Community First In Baw Baw Shire
Andrews Labor Government heeds Hill End community to retain the iconic Hill End Primary School for community use.
- Costa to Celebrate Community at Rose Garden Festival
Costa Georgiadis at Latrobe City Council’s Rose Garden Festival.
- Northe Urges Community to "Speak Up"
Upcoming Tom Curtain "Speak Up" tour
- Grants Help Eastern Victoria Music Venues Be Good Neighbours
Good Music Neighbours applications, now open!
- Northe Acknowledges Community Leaders
Contributions from community leaders, acknowledged.
- Bumper Grants Round Now Open
Complete a project plan when applying for Major Project funding.
- Building on the Men’s Shed Community in Toongabbie
Toongabbie & District Men’s Shed extension opens today!
- Crime Prevention Grants On Offer to Local Communities
Public Safety Infrastructure Fund (PSIF) applications are now open.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- Northe Congratulates Good Friday Appeal Community Leaders
Contributors to Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal acknoweledged.
- Young Leaders Celebrate Community
Students in the 2019 Bass Coast Young Leader program parcipates in a workshop to celebrate their community.
- 2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
- Bass Coast’s Best Recognised
Deb Rielly: 2019 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year at the Australia Day Awards.
- Bass Coast Team in Asia’s First Swimrun
Kara Landells of Kilcunda and Nina Barry-Macaulay of Cape Paterson will join 30 athletes from around the world to participate in Asia’s first swimrun
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- More Funding Announced For Environment Volunteers in Eastern Victoria
Opening of the 2019-2020 Victorian Landcare Grant.
- Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants Now Open
Latest round of grant to protect the environment, now open.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- Nadine Lineham announced as Dick Bishop 2018 winner
Nadine Lineham is the recipient of this year’s Dick Bishop Memorial Prize.
- Work Experience at Bass Coast Shire Coucil
By Mathew Copeland – Year 10 Wonthaggi Secondary College
- Aged and Disability Services Continue to Support our Community
Continued aged support through transition.
- Applications Invited For Round 2 of Environmental Grants Scheme
East Gippsland Water now inviting applications for Round 2 Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Fixing Local Roads in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire gets help to fix local road network with $100 million Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Active Bass Coast
Active Bass Coast Plan, a ten year Plan that sets the scene for healthy and active environments and services into the future.
- Record Bass Stockings into Blue Rock
Bass stocked into Gippsland to improve inland recreational fishing opportunities.
- Applications Invited for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards
Applications are now open for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards.
- Help shape Skate Park and Play Space
Community consultation sessions by Bass Coast Shire Council
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- Bath states Labor must Reject Alberton Wind Farm
Community concerns regarding the Alberton Wind Farm
- Council to Back Call for Newstart Increase
Bass Coast Shire Council supports increase Newstart Allowance payments.
- Keep Up War on Waste
Bass Coast Shire Council worked with the community to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
- Road Safety Boost for Bass Coast Schools
Improvements for kids and families' safety around Inverloch/Kongwak Primary School and Newhaven College.
- Telling the Stories of Yarragon Veterans
Yarragon Community Hall Committee to restore the Australian Natives Association Yarragon Branch No 217 Honour Board.
- Change for Sam Strategy
Increased community awareness and better support for women experiencing violence with Change of Sam Strategy.
- Working Together to Reduce Emissions
Bass Coast Shire Council agreed to work towards a community greenhouse gas emissions target.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Plogging Along To Save Our Oceans
Successful community plogging event on Kilcunda beach.
- Rebates Helping Victorians Reduce Water Bills
Two innovative community rebate programs to reduce water bills.
- Still Time to Have Say on Off-Leash Areas
Calling for community support for off-leash areas.
- Keep Recycling, Bass Coast!
Unaffected by the SKM Recycling’s facilities' closure.
- Honouring Eastern Victoria’s Inspiring Seniors
Nominations are now open for community contributions by seniors and organisations.
- Applications Invited for Round 3 of Environmental Grants
Applications are now open for Round 3 of Environmental Grants.
- Council Rates Must Be Part of Drought Relief
Call for further steps for drought relief.
- Neighbourhood Navigator
Online map to easily access information on the community services, facilities, planning and zoning information launched.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Buckley Farewells Bass Coast
CEO Paul Buckley PSM bids farewell after five years in the top job.
- Council Commit Funds to Sound Shell
Additional $150,000 toward the Inverloch Sound Shell project.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Northe Tables Hazelwood Pondage Petition
Northe highlighted massive support by community for the retention of Hazelwood Pondage.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.