Latrobe Local News:
Councillors and Council staff mourn loss of Cr Bond
Latrobe Cityís Moe, Morwell and Traralgon Citizen Service Centres, libraries and Council depots and offices will be closed until 12.30pm this Tuesday
By Latrobe City Council - 15th January 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Latrobe Cityís Moe, Morwell and Traralgon Citizen Service Centres, libraries and Council depots and offices will be closed until 12.30pm this Tuesday as a mark of respect to Councillor Graeme Bondís family, and to allow staff the opportunity to attend Councillor Bondís funeral. The funeral takes place at Saint Michaelís Church in Traralgon at 10.30am.
Latrobeís Chief Executive Officer, Richard Hancock, said Councillor Bondís death on Friday had come as a great shock to Council and the community.
"The Mayor, Councillor Jenkins, fellow Councillors and staff have expressed deep regret at the passing of Lorikeet Ward Councillor, Graeme Bond, on Friday. Our sincerest sympathies are extended to Cr Bondís family and friends," Mr Hancock said.
"Arrangements have been put into place to minimise any inconvenience to the public. While Citizen Service Centres, depots and offices will be closed until 12.30pm, community services such as Aged and Disability Services, Child Care, Family Support and Meals on Wheels services will operate as normal, together with recreational facilities," Mr Hancock said.
Mr Hancock said Councilís after-hours emergency contacts and procedures would remain in place during the closure. The after hours emergency telephone number is 0408 512 953.
Public enquiries relating to any Lorikeet Ward Council matters, should be addressed to Latrobe Cityís Citizen Service staff, telephone 1300 367 700.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Council and police to patrol Lake Narracan this long weekend
Latrobe council working with Victoria police to ensure compliance on the local laws Labour Day long weekend.
- Councilís Responsibilities during the Local Council Election Period
Council Election Caretaker Period from Tuesday 22 September to Saturday 24 October at 6pm.
- Council to seek legal advice over Ministerís ULAB decision
Council voted to seek advice from a Senior Counsel after being disappointed by the Ministerís decision in approving an amendment.
- Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Sharon Gibson is the new Mayor of Latrobe City
- Council Works with Community towards COVID Recovery
You can still call Council on 1300 367 700 and receive assistance with COVID-19 related matters.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Council welcomes VinFast to Bass Coast
VinFast to establish business in Bass Coast that will help support local jobs, while also acknowledging the value of the surrounding bushland.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Youth Council Spreads Health Message
Good Food for Mental Health project was identified to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for the Latrobe City population.
- Bass Coast Shire Council makes more service changes due to COVID
Face-to-face customer services and visitor services will cease at Wonthaggi, Cowes and Inverloch and will operate in other communication means.
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- Helping Baw Baw and Latrobe Prepare for Emergencies
City Council to receive funding to get ready for emergencies
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support membersí transition to COVID Normal.
- Latrobe Cityís Australia Day Award Winners Announced
Awards presented in recognition of significant service to the community.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Latrobe health ready for vaccine rollout
People at high risk will be prioritised and be provided with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- Customer Service Up and Running in Cowes
Council has opened a new Customer Service Centre in Cowes
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- Draft Climate Action Plan 2020-24 Endorsed by Council
The Plan identifies a number of actions to undertake to achieve the objective of zero net emissions over the next 10 years and to ensure a climate resilient community.
- Dine Outdoors this Summer
Council, local business and tourism groups to promote and encourage people in outdoor dining to help boost the economy.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Cowes Starts the Year on the Right Path
Council prepares to commence construction of two new paths and the renewal of an existing path as part of its 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
- Cowes Pool Unable To Open This Summer
Council and YMCA prioritising community safety.
- Used Lead Acid Battery (ULAB) recycling facility at Hazelwood North
Council to continue strong support and ensure community sentiments will be communicated with the government.
- Bass Coast is ready for Christmas
Council to allocate budget to fund Christmas decorations in major centres
- Caring for our Diverse Community
Council appointed new members to the City Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee.
- Bass Coast Takes Another Step Towards Reconciliation
Council to reconcile and develop its first Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
- Seeking Real Time Customer Feedback
Council is rolling out a Customer Experience Survey over the coming months.
- Rate Freeze, Not a Freeze for Some
Council rate increases being experienced by a number of local rate-payers.
- Funding sought for recreation projects
Council to fund to redevelop and improve cricket training facilities.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiersí Reading Challenge.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Morwell Foodbank Awaiting Delivery
Fast-track the promised Morwell Foodbank hub to support the Latrobe Valley community.
- Wonthaggi Railway Station Extension in Progress
Local design company DB Design, Council and the Historical Society worked closely to prepare the project and significant attention to detail was required to ensure it was supported by Heritage Victoria.
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- New look Morwell Rose Festival to Go Ahead
Annual celebration of the stunning blooms of Morwellís Centenary Rose Garden will push thru.
- Policies Adopted in Time for New Act
The Public Transparency Policy 2020 provides clarity on the information Council must make available, access to that information and categories of information that Council may not be able to make available to the public.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Community Engagement Policy approved
Government act to improve council performance through community engagements.
- Da Vinci exhibition opens at Latrobe Regional Gallery
An event to witness the works of Leonardo Da Vinci, the worldís greatest mind.
- Aquatic centre access a win for Latrobe Leisure members
Leisure members to have complementary access on GRAC according to membership classification.
- Give your Voting Ballot Papers to the VEC
Mail your completed voting ballot papers for the council election to the Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC).
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Celebrating Childrenís Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this yearís Childrenís Week celebrations.