• Add My News • Search Old News
West Bairnsdale Sewer Main Upgrade Works
$700,000 project to boost the reliability and efficiency of sewer services for nearby East Gippsland Water customers.
By Portal Admin - 2nd March 2020 - Back to News
Construction works are due to commence before the end of February to replace and reposition 1.1km of ageing sewer main pipeline in the West Bairnsdale area.
The aim of the $700,000 project is to boost the reliability and efficiency of sewer services for nearby East Gippsland Water customers well into the future.
East Gippsland Water has commissioned local contractor Rivex to carry out the works on the section of sewer main running from the sewerage pump station in John Court to the corner of Bredt Street and Jennings Street, via Kollmorgen Place and Bredt Street.
Every effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience to residents, with the work essentially confined to the reserve behind John Court, nature strips and the Bredt Street median strip. No interruption to sewage services is expected. Local, temporary traffic and pedestrian management measures will be necessary during the course of the project.
East Gippsland Water would like to thank those likely to be impacted by the works for their cooperation. Anyone with enquires about the project should contact the organisation's Bairnsdale office on 1800 671 841 during business hours.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Seeking your Feedback on Water and Sewerage Services
Seeking feedback on water and sewerage services
- Kinder Upgrade for Warragul
$600,000 contribution towards a $754,000 expansion of St Paul’s Anglican Grammar School Early Learning Centre.
- Early Works Underway for Car Parks in the Latrobe Valley
Tests underway to determine feasibility of the eight preferred sites in Moe, Morwell and Traralgon.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Council Works with Community towards COVID Recovery
You can still call Council on 1300 367 700 and receive assistance with COVID-19 related matters.
- Renewal Works for Fincher Street
Project is expected to be completed in early April.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Asphalt Works Coming Up
Asphat sealing on road network in Wonthaggi, Inverloch, Woodleigh, Krowera and Grantville.
- Inverloch Projects Ready to Go
Projects include road and kerb renewal works along Golf Street, between Freda Street and Sandymount Avenue and the design and installation of a new shelter at the Wallace Avenue Park.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- School Buildings Project Funding Announced
Local schools to receive funding for building upgrades and capital investments.
- On the Way to Path Upgrades
Work has started to completely replace the decking of the boardwalk at Ventnor Common, off Ventnor Beach Road. This project is expected to be completed by early October.