• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
By Portal Admin - 21st October 2018 - Back to News
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time, with water flowing today to Korrumburra and soon to flow to a remaining three towns in Victoria’s south east, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government.
Minister for Water Lisa Neville today visited the $43 million Lance Creek Water Connection Project, which includes a $30 million investment from the Labor Government, and turned on the pumps as water flowed for the first time to Korrumburra at the Lance Creek Water Treatment Plant.
The project, which is ahead of schedule, will boost water security to communities in South Gippsland, connecting Korumburra, Nyora, Loch and Poowong to Victoria’s water grid and the Desalination Plant for the first time.
The Lance Creek Water Connection Project has injected 45 new construction jobs into the region and an additional seven new direct positions at South Gippsland Water to help manage the project.
The project will have flow-on benefits for local businesses and employers such as Burra Foods, who employ more than 180 local staff and purchase milk from more than 160 milk supply partners.
The project is ahead of schedule, with the new pipeline to Korumburra now complete and water now being delivered to Korumburra – water restrictions were in place earlier this year.
The pipeline is now complete with the project to connect the remaining towns of Loch, Nyora and Poowong, with water to flow to these towns by November. This will mean no water restrictions are expected this summer for these communities that have been doing it tough.
As a result, South Gippsland Water has been working to adjust water sources, supply and treatment processes for Korumburra, Poowong, Loch and Nyora customers.
As part of the project, communities on the Bass Coast including Inverloch, Wonthaggi and Cape Paterson – who have already been connected to the state’s water grid – have had their connection tested and commissioned.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Water Lisa Neville
"The Lance Creek Pipeline will connect South Gippsland to the state’s water grid, delivering the water security these towns need."
"Providing access to Melbourne’s water system will give local businesses confidence in their water supply and the security they need to continue investing in the region – which is good for local jobs."
Quote attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"These communities have been doing it tough with water restrictions in the past – that’s why we’re investing in this project."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Startup Gippsland 2019 Culminates In Dynamic Pitch Night -Prize Winners Announced
Grand finale event of the 2019 Startup Gippsland program.
- Startup Gippsland Accelerator Program Leads Australia
Startup Gippsland program recognised as an outstanding success.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- East Gippsland Water grants
Get Those Applications In for an Environmental Grant
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Plight of Gippsland Farmers Still Being Ignored
No help yet for Gippsland farmers.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- Yinnar South fire
Honouring the local victims and heroes of Yinnar South Fire.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- Water Main Replacement Works - West Bairnsdale
Water works to boost water reliability and quality.
- Water Main Realignment Works to Commence Shortly in Swan Reach
Realignment of water along Princes Highway at Swan Reach due to start Mid November.
- Water Situation Update
No trigger yet for compulsory water restrictions.
- Water Sector Signs Innovative Energy Deal
New energy partnership to minimise greenhouse gas emissions and maintain affordable water bills.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Your Water Supply In A Bushfire
Consider water supply when planning for a bushfire.
- Boosting Water Services with Bumper Package of Engineering Projects
$6.3 million engineering projects to safeguard and enhance water services.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Federation Training Becomes Tafe Gippsland
Federation Training unveils its new name.
- Sarsfield Water Main Upgrade Works
Replacing and upgrading 4 kilometers of main water supply pipeline.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Keeping Our Promises and Delivering for Gippsland
Promises turning to realities for Gippsland.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- Keeping Water Bills Down
No increase to the average customer bill over the next 12 months.
- Tourists Urged to Use Water Wisely over Easter
Please ensure they use water efficiently during their stay.
- Sale Showgrounds Open and Water Tower Redevelopment Happening
New amenities and recreation building at the Sale Showgrounds is now open.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- Applications Invited For Round 2 of Environmental Grants Scheme
East Gippsland Water now inviting applications for Round 2 Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Northe Expresses Disappointment at Lack of Commitment for Lifeline Gippsland
Russell Northe described his reaction to a recent response from the Minister for Mental Health.
- Delve Into Art This May
Gippsland celebrates ‘Come and Play All of May
- Gippy’s Leading Food and Fibre Orgs to Merge
Agribusiness Gippsland and the East Gippsland Food Cluster set to amalgamate in early 2019 to support Gippsland’s important $7bn food and fibre industry.
- Upgraded Labtrobe Valley Sports Facilities on their Way
Work starts in building Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) and Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium transformation.
- Record Bass Stockings into Blue Rock
Bass stocked into Gippsland to improve inland recreational fishing opportunities.
- Standing with our Valued Lifeline Heroes
Standing with Gippsland communities due to fire and drought.
- No Action from Labor Leaves Victorian Farmers at A Disadvantage
As transport subsidies for drought-affected farmers in New South Wales starts, access to fodder supplies could get tighter for Victorian farmers.
- Still Time to Apply For an Environmental Grant
There is still time to submit an application for Round 2 of the East Gippsland Water-funded Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.