Russel Northe MLA:
VicHealth Funding Announced for Local Groups
Five organisations to share in more than $30,000 of VicHealth funding.
By Portal Admin - 21st December 2020 - Back to News
Five organisations across the Latrobe Valley community will share in more than $30,000 of VicHealth funding to support residents hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic and to improve their health and wellbeing.
The Toongabbie & District Pony Club and the Girl Guides Association Victoria located at Glengarry West are among the organisations to receive a VicHealth Reimagining Health Grant to provide greater opportunities for physical activity and help locals build better social connections with each other and the community Mt Northe said the funding will help support those in the community who need it most.
"This much-needed funding from VicHealth will ensure local organisations can continue supporting our community to build back better from the impact of coronavirus," Mr Northe said.
"Grass-roots organisations are the heart and soul of the Morwell Electorate and the Gippsland region, and their efforts are key to helping us recover from the pandemic."
VicHealth CEO Dr Sandro Demaio said community organisations play a vital role, now more than ever, in helping people connect and take care of their wellbeing.
"As we embrace the new COVID-normal, we’re committed to supporting Victorians to be more physically active, access healthy, affordable food and to socially connect" Dr Demaio said.
"These grants will help more Victorians enjoy better health and wellbeing through the direct support of their local clubs, organisations and community groups."
Grant recipients in the Morwell Electorate include:
- Federation University Australia – Churchill - $9,800 – Will use the grant to recruit 1000 men and women aged 18 to 29 to research health-promoting and health-risk taking behaviours.
- Latrobe City Council - $5,903 – will establish a greenhouse, water tank and seedlings to provide students of Latrobe Special Development School with knowledge of growing and caring for indigenous grasses plants and trees.
- Toongabbie and District Pony Club Inc. - $3,000 – Will be used to purchase a portable dressage area enabling them to hold events and expand their rider teaching.
- Girl Guides Association of Victoria – Glengarry West - $2,010 – Will purchase equipment to run outdoor initiative and team-building activities at the Burnet Park Guide Camp.
- GippSport Inc. - $10,000 – Will use the grant to establish Power to Pedal programs across the region to provide youth with autism the opportunity to learn how to ride a bike in a safe and supportive environment.
For further information, visit www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/funding/reimagining-health-grants.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Funding sought for recreation projects
Council to fund to redevelop and improve cricket training facilities.
- Latrobe funding helps Bass Coast businesses grow
Grants available for small local businesses, applications are now being accepted.
- Bass Coast welcomes funding for public and community housing
An funding commitment for Victorians.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- School Buildings Project Funding Announced
Local schools to receive funding for building upgrades and capital investments.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Northe renews calls for lifeline Gippsland funding amid budget shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Local Festivals and Events go Digital
Activities will be supported through the Government’s Multicultural Festivals and Events program, encouraging 148 community organisations across Victoria to get creative and move their events online.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Local Artists to Be Showcased Along Rail Trail
Latrobe Valley artists will have the chance to showcase their work along one of the region’s most scenic recreational trails.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Supporting our local creative sector and workers
Local creative workers, collectives and small businesses working in all creative fields are called out to explore Creative Victoria’s 2021 grants programs.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Bass Coast Local Heroes Celebrated
Recognition of Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year2021 winners.
- Sporting Grants Announced
Successful applicants to the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Ramping up support for local sports infrastructure
Government to help improve the wellbeing outcomes and participation of communities through high-quality recreation infrastructure.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- Major boost for local road projects
Road upgrades to make road use safer pedestrians and motorists.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Who is your Local Hero?
Identify and nominate our local heroes.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Preserving Morwell’s Local History
Community groups across Victoria are being recognised for preserving, recording and sharing their community’s local history.