Interest Shown In Expansion Of Adult Education
The Gippsland Regional Council of Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) recently sponsored a workshop in Ensay
By ACFE - 13th May 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
The Gippsland Regional Council of Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) recently sponsored a workshop in Ensay based on a major study of adult learning in 20 smaller, remoter Victorian communities including Benambra, Dinner Plain, Omeo and Swifts Creek. Ballarat and Latrobe Universities completed the study.
During the workshop researchers Dr. Barry Golding and Dr. Maureen Rogers said, "there is growing recognition of a need to consider the adult learning needs in rural and remote towns and regions beyond the reach of current provision".
After the workshops Regional Council Chair Greg Gebhart stated, "it was pleasing to note that community members in East Gippsland, schools, TAFE and government departments participated in the workshop". "Regional Council has already been approached to assist in expanding community education in the area and is looking forward to participating in some new initiatives," he added.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Interstate interest in author talk
A Zoom presentation of the Latrobe City Libraries with author Heather Morris.
- Expansion for Longwarry Early Learning Centre
Longwarry Early Learning Centre to receive receive $500,000 from the Growing Suburbs Fund.
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Council Works with Community towards COVID Recovery
You can still call Council on 1300 367 700 and receive assistance with COVID-19 related matters.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Regional Travel Scheme Launched
Regional Travel Voucher Scheme launched with first 40,000 vouchers valued at $200 each available to be redeemed for travel between Saturday, 12 December 2020 and Friday, 22 January 2021.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Regional Victoria to Take Third Step
In the Third Step you can form household bubbles.which will allow households across regional Victoria to choose one other household to be in a bubble. You can visit them in their home and they can visit you – with up to a total of five visitors.
- Regional Victoria Robbed in Big Borrowing, Big Debt Labor Budget
Outspent on city-focused State Budget, delivered little for regional Victorians.
- Regional Roadmap Goes in Wrong Direction
Concerns for many local businesses with Regional Roadmap.
- Regional Roadmap Going in Wrong Direction
Calls to review the thresholds that apply to the "Last Step" within the reopening roadmap to Regional Victoria.
- Regional Victorians still in a state of uncertainty
Government has not made agreements to make Victoria stable.
- Regional Vic must Benefit from State Budget
2020-21 Victorian State Budget should lay out a plan to restore Victorians’ lives and livelihoods.
- Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Victoria comes out of the second wave.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Putting Gippsland People First
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- New Regional COVID Rules a Mixed Bag
Mixed views on COVID-19 restrictions for Regional Victorians.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Council’s Responsibilities during the Local Council Election Period
Council Election Caretaker Period from Tuesday 22 September to Saturday 24 October at 6pm.
- Council to seek legal advice over Minister’s ULAB decision
Council voted to seek advice from a Senior Counsel after being disappointed by the Minister’s decision in approving an amendment.
- Council and police to patrol Lake Narracan this long weekend
Latrobe council working with Victoria police to ensure compliance on the local laws Labour Day long weekend.
- Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Sharon Gibson is the new Mayor of Latrobe City
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Statement on Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Towards recovery with the Third Step.
- Council welcomes VinFast to Bass Coast
VinFast to establish business in Bass Coast that will help support local jobs, while also acknowledging the value of the surrounding bushland.
- Northe Renews Calls for Lifeline Gippsland Funding Amid Budget Shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.