Gippsland Portal Feature:
Gippsland Rallies Behind The Gippsland Portal
Rally behind the portal
Welcome to the gateway to Gippsland online
By Emma Kae - 19th February 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Hailed to become the Internet location that acts as a gateway to Gippsland online, the Gippsland Portal claims to be ‘the online community’ of Gippsland.
It appears that these claims are not so far fetched, with over 550 listings in the business directory, 1500 members of the website and traffic growing steadily each week – all before the Portal has been officially launched – which is still some months away.
The website offers loads of great information, including local community, business and entertainment news; for sale and jobs; tourism and accommodation; business directory, events, weather forecasts and even cinema times.
Local visitors may become a member of the Gippsland Portal for free and add their very own news, events and classifieds for the online public to access and use. You can join the discussion forums and vote on hot topics in the Gippsland community.
Looking for a business in the Gippsland region? Try the business directory - the place on the Internet where you will be able to find every current business or community group that is located in Gippsland.
With so many features, and unwavering support from the Government bodies in the region, Gippsland Water, Members Australia Credit Union, Federation Health, Sage, Messenger IT, Corporate Technology Consultants and over 500 other businesses, it is no wonder that the Gippsland Portal is proving to be such an invaluable online tool for the Gippsland Community.
Visit the Gippsland Portal and see it for yourself @ www.Gippsland.com
Read about the Gippsland Portal's makeover. Click here.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Putting Gippsland people first
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Northe renews calls for lifeline Gippsland funding amid budget shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Career Development Boosted across Gippsland
Free online Micro-Credentialing of Enterprise Skills Program.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Innovation Centre Brings Hundreds of Jobs to Gippsland
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.
- Multicultural Media Boost to Reach More Victorians
Gippsland FM Community Radio Society Co-operative Ltd will receive $6300.00 to target the station's expanding podcasts menu.
- Slam Dunk for Indoor Sports Stadium
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium
- Big boom, big boon for Aquatic Centre
Major splash at the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre.
- Labor’s Bushfire Recovery ‘Plan’ Long Overdue
Rolling old money up in a new press release delivers nothing for families, businesses and communities in East Gippsland and north east Victoria hit by January’s catastrophic bushfires.