Gippsland Portal Local News:
Vote on the Gippsland Portal!
Have your say with the Gippsland.com vote application
By Emma Kae - 19th February 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
The recent addition of the voting application on the Gippsland Portal has proven to be quite a hit among users.
Visitors have been voting on several issues affecting Gippsland. Some votes directly affect the region, such as ‘should the Victorian Government allow the building of another brown coal fired power station?’ This allows the Gippsland community to have their say on issues that are important to them, like the clarity of the air we breathe.
Other votes concern the website, such as ‘which business directory results format do you prefer?’ This allows us to make better decisions for the website that cater to the needs of our users.
We also post votes on general topics that interest a global audience, such as the February 14 special, ‘is Valentines Day more than just a Hallmark holiday?’ Votes such as this are simply there for entertainment value and do not really alter the course of life.
As the voting application was created largely to gain feedback from the Gippsland Portal online community, we have enabled users to send in their suggestions for issues to vote on.
Do you have something to say? Are you looking to make your vote count? Vote on the Gippsland Portal by clicking here!
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Putting Gippsland people first
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Northe renews calls for lifeline Gippsland funding amid budget shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Have your say on Victoria‘s New Container Deposit Scheme
Victorians can continue to dispose of their bottles with a 10 cent refund for aluminum, glass and plastic drink containers returned for recycling.
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Career Development Boosted across Gippsland
Free online Micro-Credentialing of Enterprise Skills Program.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Innovation Centre Brings Hundreds of Jobs to Gippsland
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.
- Boosting Red Meat Industry, Smart Farms Small Grants, and Have your Say on New Fisheries Framework
Free weekly update on research to benefit farmers.
- Give your Voting Ballot Papers to the VEC
Mail your completed voting ballot papers for the council election to the Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC).
- Do your Bit for National Recycling Week
There is still room to improve!