• Add My News • Search Old News
Peter Walsh MP:
Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
By Portal Admin - 5th May 2019 - Back to News
The Federal Budget has delivered critical investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health that will benefit all Regional Victorians, Leader of The Nationals Peter Walsh said today.
People living in Victoria’s west and north-east will have safer roads to drive with funds allocated for upgrades to the Goulburn Valley Highway and the Western Highway, while drought-stricken farmers will get more support through an expansion of the Farm Household Allowance scheme.
"The Federal Coalition is delivering for Regional Victoria where the Andrews Labor Government has failed," Mr Walsh said.
"Daniel Andrews likes to claim he governs for all Victorians but he has ignored regional communities’ pleas for safer roads, more reliable rail services and better rural health and education."
Key investments that will benefit Regional Victoria include $500 million for Roads to Recovery, $2 billion for fast rail to Geelong and an additional $200 million for the Black Spot Program.
Mr Walsh also welcomed the Federal Coalition’s $360 million investment to duplicate the Western Highway between Stawell and Ararat, with a further $60 million for works between Stawell and the SA border.
"The Western Highway is part of the major freight route between Adelaide and Melbourne, so these upgrades will better link grain, timber, horticulture and livestock producers with domestic and international export markets," Mr Walsh said.
"It's also exciting to see a massive investment in the $260 million Shepparton bypass. The $208 million Federal Coalition commitment means we just need the Andrews Government to come to the party to make sure this project goes ahead.
"On top of this, Regional Victoria will share in a boost to Roads to Recovery – a critical funding stream in Victoria after Daniel Andrews axed the state’s $160 million Country Roads and Bridges Program.
"Additional funding for the Black Spot Program will help make our crumbling country roads safer, repairing dangerous sections of road that have been neglected because Daniel Andrews won’t invest a cent past Melbourne’s tram tracks."
Other key investments that will benefit Regional Victoria include:
- $160 million for Rounds 5 and 6 of the Mobile Black Spot Program
- $60 million for a new Regional Connectivity Program to improve mobile and broadband services across regional and remote Australia
- More than $62 million for the National Rural Generalist Pathway to deliver more rural generalists
- $15.3 million for a nationally coordinated approach to combat fruit fly
- Immediate tax relief for low and middle-income earners of up to $1,080 for singles and $2,160 for dual income families
- Increasing the instant asset write-off threshold to $30,000 for small and medium sized businesses
- $453.1 million to extend access to 15 hours of quality preschool a week in the year before school, benefiting over 100,000 children who live in regional Australia
- $60 million for a new Swan Hill Bridge
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- Liberal Nationals’ plan to drive growth in Victorian agriculture
Liberal Nationals Government will grow Victoria’s agriculture and food industries if elected this
- Liberal Nationals will back the Yallourn Yallourn North Football Netball Club
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to ensure a $470,000 upgrade facilities at George Bates Reserve.
- Liberal Nationals Improving Food Security for Vulnerable People in Morwell
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to address the growing issue of food insecurity in the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland.
- Liberal Nationals to Boost Language and Literacy for Vulnerable Kids
Elected Liberal Nationals Government will target early language and literacy programs.
- Liberal Nationals Will Finish Duplication of Princes Hwy
Elected Liberal Nationals government to finish the duplication of the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Liberal Nationals to Make Rates Fair for Farmers
Elected Liberal Nationals Government will take actions to make rates fair for farmers.
- Liberal Nationals Back Scouts and Guides
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to support the rich tradition of Scouts and Guides.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Liberal Nationals Establish Inquiry to Fix Farm Trespass Laws
Pressure to establish an inquiry into farm trespass laws.
- Liberal Nationals backing Churchill Football Netball Club
$1 million state-of-the-art upgrade for Churchill Football Netball Club.
- Federal Advocacy List Gets the Tick
Updated its Advocacy Priority list for the third time.
- Regional Skate Park Plans Shift
Expert's opinion on the Regional Skate Park and Playspace.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Dedicated Regional Fund Must Continue
1 billion of investment to Regional Victoria to expire on June 30.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- Country Victoria set for $30 million connectivity boost under the Liberal Nationals
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
- Minister, Labor’s Regional Cuts Are Nothing to be ‘Proud’ of
Minister was proud in cutting the Regional Growth Fund.
- The Nationals Commit To Billion Dollar Road Fix Blitz
Nationals to fix country roads with a $1 billion Road Fix Blitz.
- No Plan, No Money for Regional Victoria Under Labor
Premier blows the budget on metro projects, but no plans for Regional Victoria.
- Delivering For Country Football and Netball Clubs
Another chance to upgrade grounds, courts and pavilions.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Lakes Entrance
$1 million towards an upgrade at St Brendan's School.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Traralgon
Massive upgrade to Traralgon (Kosciuszko Street) Primary School with a re-elected Andrews Local Government official.
- High-Speed Regional Rail
Peter Walsh's letter to the editor.
- Country Race Clubs Will Be Winners under Liberal Nationals
Grassroots country racing clubs gets share of industry funding.
- Farmers’ Market Support Program to return: only under Liberal Nationals
An elected Liberal Nationals Government plans to bring back the Farmers’ Market Support
Program axed by Labor.
- Lobbying in the Lead up to Federal Election
Ramping up advocacy efforts.
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- 2019 OPTUS Victorian Country Long Course Swimming Championships
Happening on 25th January to 27th January.
- Keeping Our Promises and Delivering for Gippsland
Promises turning to realities for Gippsland.
- Activists Targeting Farms shouldn’t get ‘Charity’ Tax Benefits
The Liberal Nationals support the Federal Coalition Government’s bid to review Aussie Farms’ charity status and the Andrews Government should also get behind it.
- Helping Victorians Start Their Own Business
Back up for Victorians who want to start their own business.
- Eastern Victoria Locals Urged to Take Care on Quad Bikes
A renewed call for vigilance on and around all-terrain vehicles or quad bikes.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Daniel Andrews on Standby as Country Victoria Loses Population
No action on shocking decline in Regional Victoria’s population.
- Country Passengers Left Behind Again by City-Centric Labor
Massive cuts to regional Victoria in State Budget.
- Grants Help Eastern Victoria Music Venues Be Good Neighbours
Good Music Neighbours applications, now open!
- Rebates Helping Victorians Reduce Water Bills
Two innovative community rebate programs to reduce water bills.
- Helping More Young Victorians Learn To Drive
Support for young Victorian student drivers.
- More Rehab Beds for Young Victorians
More support for young regional Victorians with a new youth residential rehab facility.
- Fixing Country Roads as Maintenance Blitz Ramps Up
$70 million share for safer and more reliable roads.
- Labor Won’t Make Rates Fair for Farmers
If elected a Liberal Nationals Government wil make rates fair for farmers, prioritising an
independent review into farm rates in Victoria.
- Bad Old Days' already here under Daniel Andrews
Regional Victoria has already been left behind.