• Add My News • Search Old News
Personnel Changes at Food & Fibre Gippsland
Innovation Grants closing soon, JobKeeper Payments announced & more
By Portal Admin - 7th April 2020 - Back to News
The Board of Food & Fibre Gippsland would like to share changes to the organisation at both a board and operational level. The changes will support growth in strategic development and expansion whilst continuing mutually successful collaborations and sector projects that are engaging industry, government, academia and community. To find out more - click here.
Support Fund for Victorian SME's
There's support available for small to medium businesses impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak, via a $500 million Business Support Fund with Victorian Government.
The Fund is there to help businesses survive and keep people in work.
Grants of $10,000 are now available for small businesses - to find out more click here.
Got an Innovative Idea for your Food Business?
Provided by our national Cluster partner, Food Innovation Australia Limited (FIAL), the Black Summer Innovation Program (BSIP) is designed to help small and medium businesses, who have been affected by events of national natural catastrophe or global diseases outbreaks (in 2019 or 2020). Funding is designed to support these businesses innovate to create commercial products, processes or services.
- Grants of up to $25,000 are available
- Grants are to be used to support business, product or service innovations.
- No matched funding is required.
Applications close on April 9. Click here to find out more and apply.
Job Keeper Payments
The Morrison Government will provide a historic wage subsidy to around 6 million workers who will receive a flat payment of $1,500 per fortnight through their employer, before tax. The $130 billion JobKeeper payment will help keep Australians in jobs t economic impact from the coronavirus.
The payment will be open to eligible businesses that receive a significant financial hit caused by the coronavirus.The payment will provide the equivalent of around 70 percent of the national median wage.
The payment will ensure eligible employers and employees stay connected while some businesses move into hibernation.
Self-employed individuals are also eligible to receive the JobKeeper Payment.
For businesses and individuals to apply for the payment online and register , head to ato.gov.au.
Bigger and Better - Excellence in Agribusiness Awards 2020!
Entries are now open for the Food & Fibre Gippsland Excellence in Agribusiness Awards. The 2020 Program has expanded to include a new premier award, the Female Agribusiness of the Year, sponsored by Leadership Victoria, as well as a number of new categories.
We are very thankful for the generous support of the entire sponsor family including ;
- KPMG Australia - Gippsland Agribusiness of the Year
- The Australian Rural Leadership Foundation - Young Agribusiness of the Year
- Leadership Victoria - Female Agribusiness Leader of the Year
- Agriculture Victoria - Excellence in Service to the Food & Fibre Industry
- Bass Coast Shire Council - Excellence in Sustainability
- Baw Baw Shire Council - Excellence in Workforce Capability
- Commonwealth Bank - Excellence in Entrepreneurship
- Dyers - Excellence in Food & Drink Manufacturing ( > 10 employees )
- East Gippsland Shire Council - Excellence in Fibre Industry
- Federation University - Excellence in Research and Development
- Latrobe City Council - Excellence in Food & Drink Manufacturing ( <10 employees )
- National Australia Bank - Excellence in Innovation
- South Gippsland Shire Council - Excellence in Exporting
- Southern Rural Water - Excellence in Safety
- TAFE Gippsland - Excellence in Collaborative Partnerships
- Wellington Shire Council - Excellence in Adaption to Change
The Awards program culminates in a Gala Presentation evening and we appreciate the support of our event sponsors;
- Latrobe Valley Authority
- Global Table
- The State Government of Victoria
- Our National Cluster Program partner Food Innovation Australia Limited ( FIAL )
Without this collaboration and passion for the region, these awards would not be possible . We encourage Gippsland Food & Fibre businesses of all sizes to enter the awards - if you have any questions, we are here to help - email us anytime firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here