• Add My News • Search Old News
Russel Northe MLA:
Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
By Portal Admin - 25th May 2019 - Back to News
Member for Morwell Russell Northe was thrilled to attend today’s announcement from Freemasons Victoria that their organisation would contribute $50,000 from the Freemasons Foundation Victoria to Gippsland Farmers Relief (GFR).
"The generosity of our local Freemasons to donate $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief is simply an incredibly outstanding and generous gesture, particularly given the great work GFR is doing on the ground in Gippsland to support local farmers who are contending with such trying conditions" said Mr Northe.
Mr Northe has welcomed the support of Freemasons as well as the support provided by many local individuals and businesses who volunteer their services and/or have given donations to GFR.
Freemasons have played a vital role in Gippsland for over 150 years and when times get tough to continually see them supporting Gippsland in times of need is a real credit them as an organistion.
"I commend the Freemasons for their amazing donation, as it comes at a time when funding is desperately required by GFR given their caseload has more than trebled in recent months, and which now means more than 140 farming families across Gippsland are being supported" Mr Northe said.
Mr Northe expressed his disappointment in the State Government for rejecting his calls to assist GFR in the continued delivery of its services by helping to fund a two year pilot program.
"When I did call upon the Minister for Agriculture in March of this year to assist in this regard, her response was that there was no money available for such purposes, which was extremely frustrating to say the least" Mr Northe said.
In lieu of the State Governments rejection, it is however so gratifying to see the Freemasons step up to the mark and know that their contribution will ensure Gippsland farming families will continue to receive some of the supports and assistance they desperately need.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Helping Victorians Start Their Own Business
Back up for Victorians who want to start their own business.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Helping More Young Victorians Learn To Drive
Support for young Victorian student drivers.
- Country Victoria set for $30 million connectivity boost under the Liberal Nationals
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
- Rebates Helping Victorians Reduce Water Bills
Two innovative community rebate programs to reduce water bills.
- Eastern Victoria Locals Urged to Take Care on Quad Bikes
A renewed call for vigilance on and around all-terrain vehicles or quad bikes.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Grants Help Eastern Victoria Music Venues Be Good Neighbours
Good Music Neighbours applications, now open!
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Daniel Andrews on Standby as Country Victoria Loses Population
No action on shocking decline in Regional Victoria’s population.
- No Plan, No Money for Regional Victoria Under Labor
Premier blows the budget on metro projects, but no plans for Regional Victoria.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Stronger Laws the Priority to Protect Victorian Farmers
Delay in fixing farm trespass laws while farm businesses targeted by extreme activists.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- Farmers Bitterly Disappointed by Drought Package
Disappointing Drought Package
- Farmers Don’t Rate A Mention In Labor’s Review
Rise in farm rates overlooked.
- Farmers Ignored in Labor’s Sham Rates Review
Sham review won’t address unfair rates.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Get Screened To Reduce the Impact of Cancer in Eastern Victoria Region
Get yourselves and your loved ones screened.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- One-Stop-Shop for TAFE Jobs in Eastern Victoria
A place for industry experts in Victoria's TAFE sector.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- More Funding Announced For Environment Volunteers in Eastern Victoria
Opening of the 2019-2020 Victorian Landcare Grant.
- Changing the Game for Women in Eastern Victoria
Continued support for women in sport.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Bath Moves Motion on Trespass Laws to Protect Farmers
In defense of the rights of Victorian farmers against unlawful animal rights activists.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Better Boating and Better Fishing for People in Eastern Victoria
$82.2 million investment for better boating and boost recreational fishing.
- Labor Must Finally Provide Drought-Stricken Farmers with Rates Relief
Clamor for rates relief.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- A Taste of Ireland coming to Warragul
TOURING VICTORIA from 27 March to 11 April visiting Colac, Wonthaggi, Geelong, Echuca, Warragul, Bairnsdale, Traralgon, Sale, Wangaratta, Albury, Yarrawonga, Shepparton, Bendigo, Swan Hill and Mildura
- Federation Training Becomes Tafe Gippsland
Federation Training unveils its new name.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Keeping Our Promises and Delivering for Gippsland
Promises turning to realities for Gippsland.