Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot 23 November 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on Wednesday, 23 November 2022.
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 23 November council meeting.
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held 23 November, live-streamed, and archived recordings will be available on the council website for viewing
Council meeting agenda
Economic development, grants and advocacy
The future of electric vehicle charging stations, council moved to:
- Establish a position on Electric Vehicle Charging Stations to encourage private investment and delivery
- Note the EV Charging Station Infrastructure Feasibility Report
Child and youth engagement
Response to General Business Motion from 28 September council meeting. Council moved an alternate motion to:
- Receive a further report/briefing from officers in order to understand the engagement needs of young people including but not limited to: options to form a youth council/youth advisory group, opportunities for School students to experience councillor and mayoral roles and council meetings, work experience opportunities, options for a live4life youth committee, FreeZA, Girl Guides, Scouts and any other relevant youth engagement options, no later than 15 March 2023
- Engage with other councils to seek information on their Youth Engagement programs
- Identify where existing opportunities can be extended to meet strategic engagement outcomes
- Note that any initiatives will need to be referred to the 2023/24
Governance and information services
Proposal to name the McGlone Road Public Reserve 'Golden Whistler Reserve'. Having considered the submissions received from the community and feedback from the Place Names Advisory Committee, council endorsed the name of "Golden Whistler Reserve" for McGlone h3:Road Public Reserve.
Council moved to approve officers to arrange for the installation of appropriate signage at the reserve, and write to each submitter informing them of council's decision.
Planning and appointment
Instrument of Appointment and Authorisation under the Planning and Environment Act 1987. In the exercise of the powers conferred by section 147 (4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, section 224 of the Local Government Act 1989 and section 313 of the Local Government Act 2020, Baw Baw Shire Council resolves that:
- The members of council staff referred to in the instrument be appointed and authorised as set out in the instrument
- The instrument comes into force immediately the common seal of council is affixed to the instrument, and remains in force until council determines to vary or revoke it
- In accordance with council's Governance Rules, the instrument be signed and sealed
Council tables a Bereavement Motion for Mr John Castle. Many people present would have been touched by one of his developments. He was known as John, Jack or JC, and passed away Sunday week, after being ill for some time.
He was Warragul through and through, born here, went to school here. He began by carting hay, and he got the idea of contracting. He was famous for his vision, being able to see the end product, and he could calculate, stress test, work out the contractors, he could do all this in minute detail.
Mayor McCabe used her inaugural Mayoral Minute to highlight 16 Days of Activism, which starts on 25 November 2022 and runs til 10 December 2022. Let's Chat Gippsland is a regional approach that encourages members of the community to start a conversation about gendered violence - so check in with a neighbour, colleague, friend or family member, and start the conversation.
Baw Baw Shire Council have reopened council meetings to members of the public. Bookings are encouraged. Please visitBaw Baw Shire Council pageto book.
All council meetings will be live-streamed, and archived recordings will be available on the council website for viewing. The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest NewsEast Gippsland welcomes new citizens at 2023 Australia Day citizenship ceremony
Latrobe City proudly congratulates 2023 Australia Day Awards winners
Soldiers Road and Agar Road intersection gets safety improvements as part of Local Road Safety Improvement Program
Daniel Andrews Labor government neglect is causing cost of living crisis for regional Victorians
Expressions of interest wanted for Springboard FReeZA Committee and the Young Voices Program by 28 February 2023
Slip Road Maritime Precinct in Paynesville delayed and to restart in July 2023
Traralgon Library welcomes Lifeline Gippsland to help support the vulnerable Australians
East Gippsland Australia Day Award recipients announced at Newlands Arm Community Centre on 21 January 2023
Gippsland Water installs new drinking fountains in Warragul and Trafalgar
Heyfield Kindergarten to get two disabled parking bays by 30 January 2023 from Wellington Shire Council