• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Announcing Our State’s Outstanding Volunteers of the Year
2019 Victorian Volunteer Champion Award recipients in the Eastern Victorian Region.
By Portal Admin - 15th December 2019 - Back to News
Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing today congratulated the 2019 Victorian Volunteer Champion Award recipients in the Eastern Victorian Region.
Those listed below have been recognised this year, in various categories, for their incredible in work in the Eastern Victorian community.
- Mr Avtar Singh, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Mr Brijal Parikh, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Mr Harjinder Kaur, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Mr Harjit (Ravneet) Kaur, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Mr Joe Petersen, Bunyip, Teamwork (BlazeAid Bunyip)
- Mr John Anderson, Bunyip, Teamwork (BlazeAid Bunyip)
- Mrs Madhu Bhatia, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Mr Manjinder Singh, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Mr Navpreet Singh Dhanoa, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Mr Nigel Jones, Mooroolbark, Service
- Mr Ramandeep Kang, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Mr Ramneet Kaur Walia, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Mr Randeep Saini, Officer, Teamwork (Siri Guru Nanak Darbar)
- Ms Sarah Johnston, Bunyip, Teamwork (BlazeAid Bunyip)
- Mr Simon Righton, Bunyip, Teamwork (BlazeAid Bunyip)
- Mr Steven Unthank, Toongabbie, Impact
- Mrs Sue Neilson, Bunyip, Teamwork (BlazeAid Bunyip)
- Mrs Susan Anderson, Bunyip, Teamwork (BlazeAid Bunyip)
- Ms Therese Baker, Bunyip, Teamwork (BlazeAid Bunyip)
Now in its seventh year, the Victorian Premier's Volunteer Champions Awards were created to recognise and celebrate the value and impact of volunteering across Victoria in building our communities, services and connections.
More than 1.5 million Victorians volunteer their time, skills and experience - making a huge contribution to our local communities. Their contribution to the Victorian economy is estimated to be worth up to $42 billion by 2021, if volunteering rates continue.
This year, 247 nominations were received across the categories of Service, Leadership, Impact and Teamwork and 57 volunteers were recognised for their invaluable contributions.
To find out more, visit: volunteer.vic.gov.au/awards.
Quote attributable to Minister for Disability, Ageing and Carers Luke Donnellan
"Congratulations to all our award recipients. You are the backbone of our local communities, providing comfort and relief to people who need it most."
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing
"Every year we see more volunteers putting their heart and soul into working together to support others and improve our communities in a huge variety of ways. Thanks to all our outstanding volunteers who help make Victoria a better place to live."
"These awards recognise the outstanding and selfless work that all volunteers do in the community every day, often in incredibly difficult or trying circumstances, and I congratulate them all on their dedication and generosity of spirit."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Announcing winners of the National Water Week Competition
National Water Week Poster Competition Winners.
- Yallourn in Full Swing for Gippsland Super 6
Inaugural PGA Tour of Australasia’s ‘Gippsland Super 6’ takes the region by storm.
- Swinburne Bachelor of Design student Holly Barbour’s volunteering efforts spread across Victoria and span the Tasman
Swinburne design student, Holly Barbour, who is an avid volunteer in Gippsland (while working, studying and having a social life!).
- Eastern Victorian Clubs Encouraged to Apply for Sporting Club Grants
Come and apply for funding to upgrade equipment, buy new uniforms, boost administration capabilities and improve training for officials.
- Sustaining our War Legacy in Eastern Victoria
Honouring Victorian veterans and marks 75 years since the end of WWII.
- Keeping the Legacy of our Veterans Alive in Latrobe City
Keeping alive the legacy of local veterans with funding to support the Yinnar Cenotaph Lighting Project, the Traralgon Cemetery Trust War Memorial Precinct and the Traralgon RS Sub-Branch rental of a giant screen for ANZAC Day 2020.
- Nominate your Aussie hero!
Nominations for 2020 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards Citizen of the Year or Young Citizen of the Year now open.
- Keeping the Legacy of our Veterans Alive in Longwarry
Keeping the legacy of local veterans alive with funding to support the Longwarry RSL Sub-Branch Inc upgrade the Longwarry War Memorial.
- Latrobe City Welcomes our Newest Citizens
Newly naturalised Australian citizens from countries including Italy, Russia, Iran, Sri Lanka and the Philippines, warmly welcomed at Latrobe City Councils second Citizenship Ceremony.
- Dan’s ‘No Dam’ Plan Threatening Our Future Water Security
Water Minister: no point in building dams when it’s not raining.
- Calls for Further Assistance to Support our Bushfire-Affected Farmers
Calls for assistance to communities enduring the devastation of horrific bushfires in East Gippsland and north-east Victoria.
- Council Picks Up Silver at Tourism Awards
2019 Tourism Awards
- Seniors Recognised for Outstanding Contributions
Local seniors group recognised for providing opportunities for older Victorians to get involved in day walks, walking holidays and other social events.
- Victorian Liberal Nationals Call to Investigate Lake Buffalo Expansion
Calls to investigate Lake Buffalo in north-east Victoria on its 'no dams' policy.
- Eastern Victorian Schools Complete Premiers’ Reading Challenge
Congratulations to Premiers’ Reading Challenge participants who read more than 4.3 million books.
- Getting Eastern Victorian Children Ready for School and Beyond
More than 28,000 children to benefit from a $160 million School Readiness Funding initiative.
- Tapping into Victorian Craft Produce in Eastern Victoria
Backing up the Eastern Victoria’s small-scale and craft producers with Small-Scale and Craft Program.
- Timber industry Plea: Dan, Don’t Destroy Our Jobs
Timber workers were in Melbourne to rally against the Andrews Government's senseless native timber ban and sent a clear message.
- The 2019 International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
2019 International Rose Garden Festival launching.
- Extra Mental Health Advice for Victorian Courts
Initiatives for extra support for offenders suffering a mental illness.
- New Bills Introduced into Victorian Parliament Last Week
Three new bills introduced into Parliament this week.