ē Add My News ē Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Backing Community Projects in Baw Baw
Support for community projects across Baw Baw Shire.
By Portal Admin - 25th May 2019 - Back to News
Community projects across Baw Baw Shire will soon become a reality to make the Valley accessible, enjoyable and safe for all, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing today announced the projects to share in more than $646,000 in grants from the Labor Governmentís Latrobe Valley Authority Community and Facility Fund.
Community groups will be able to upgrade their facilities with the functional, modern amenities they deserve, with support for the Country Womenís Association to improve their headquarters and funding for the Noojee Heritage Centre to relocate of two goods yard rail carriages from Leongatha and build a replica heritage railway station.
Budding sports stars in Baw Baw will also receive a boost, with Hallora Recreation Reserve and Buln Buln Recreation Reserve supported to upgrade their pavilion and build new change rooms to accommodate growing player numbers.
Lardner Park will receive support for a feasibility study of its water-based systems, allowing one of the regionís premier sporting venues to develop a business case for future infrastructure upgrades.
More than $1.8 million from the Community and Facility Fund has been awarded to 35 projects in Baw Baw Shire.
Over 150 community projects across the region have now been supported by the Labor Government, totalling more than $13 million.
Find out if your project is eligible for funding by phoning the LVA grants team on 1800 136 762 or email email@example.com.
- Country Womenís Association (CWA) - $36,431 grant for a kitchen refit, accessibility and comfort upgrades at the Victoria Street clubrooms in Warragul. The upgrades to the Country Womenís Associationís Warragul Branch Clubrooms will improve functionality, accessibility and comfort for members.
- Noojee Heritage Centre - $12,750 for relocation of two goods yard rail carriages (acquired from Public Transport Victoria) from Leongatha for the purposes of a replica heritage railway station at Noojee Heritage Centre.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve - $292,500 for renovation and extension of the existing pavilion, and renovations to amenities servicing the home-and-away change rooms (a first aid room and umpires facilities will be constructed).
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve - $285,000 for upgrades to amenities in the home and away change rooms and a first aid room to be constructed within the home change rooms.
- Destination Gippsland, Lardner Park feasibility study - $19,900 will ensure scientifically sound decisions about future demand for Lardner Parkís water-based systems and develop full feasibility and business case outcomes to attract future funding for infrastructure improvements.
Quote attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"Iím so proud to support this latest round of grants, which will benefit everyone in the community and encourage inclusion, active participation and tourism."
Quote attributable to Latrobe Valley Authority CEO Karen Cain
"The Latrobe Valley Authority is very pleased to support these wonderful projects which will improve comfort, accessibility and community participation."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here