Bass Coast Local News:
Nominations Now Open For 2002 Sport & Recreation Industry Awards
Nominations are now open for the Victorian Government’s 2002 Sport & Recreation Industry Awards.
By Bass Coast Shire Council - 3rd May 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
The Sport & Recreation Industry Awards encourage, recognise and reward achievements across the Victorian sport, fitness, racing, outdoor recreation and community recreation sectors.
The Awards aim to stimulate the sport and recreation industry to adopt innovative and effective practices that will improve its performance and the quality of its services.
Ten Awards will be presented, with the winner of each receiving a $5000 cash prize, trophy and certificate of achievement. Categories for the 2002 Awards are:
- The Minister for Sport and Recreation Award – for outstanding contributions to the industry by an individual, organisation or partnership.
- Community Participation Initiatives Award – for an innovative initiative that increases opportunities for participation in sport and active recreation by the wider community or a specific market segment.
- Volunteer Involvement Award – for outstanding achievement and contribution by an individual.
- Organisational Management Award – for innovative and/or effective management practices by organisations providing sport and recreation opportunities and services.
- Safety Initiatives Award – for innovative safety and injury prevention initiatives that have had a direct benefit to participants or an industry sector.
- Community Event Award – for outstanding development and management of an event that has been of direct benefit to the local and wider community.
- Product Development and Export Award – for outstanding achievement in developing and exporting products or services.
- Applied Research in Sport and Recreation Science Award – for significant research of value to the industry.
- Sport and Recreation Education Award – for outstanding achievement in the development of educational materials relating to sport and recreation.
- Community Facility Design Award – recognises new or refurbished sport and recreation facilities with a focus on excellence in planning and design, and a demonstrated impact on participation.
Applications close on Friday, 31 May 2002.
Application forms and/or further information can be obtained from the Awards Hotline on (03) 9666 4331 or 1800 336 657 or visit the Sport and Recreation Victoria website at www.sport.vic.gov.au
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles