• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
By Portal Admin - 5th November 2018 - Back to News
Students at Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School are a step closer to the facilities they deserve, with Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
HEDE has established a reputation for design of buildings for people with disabilities. They are involved in the following projects: Western Autistic School, Northern School for Autism, Port Phillip Specialist School, Eastern Ranges School, Yarra Ranges SDS and Warrnambool SDS.
Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing today announced the appointment.
The $6 million includes delivering modern infrastructure for Latrobe Special Developmental School and Traralgon College
The Labor Government is building the Education State so every Victorian student can get a great education and every community has access to a great local school.
This includes an unprecedented $3.8 billion investment to improve classrooms, upgrade facilities and build new schools across the state.
This school building boom has delivered more than 1,300 school upgrades and 70 new school projects across the state, supporting more than 5,000 construction jobs for Victorians.
To find out more about new schools and upgrades to schools in Gippsland visit the Victorian School Building Authority website at www.schoolbuildings.vic.gov.au.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing
"Appointing the architect is an exciting first step towards delivering the modern, safe and stimulating facilities that staff and students at Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School deserve."
"Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School have fantastic staff and students and we are making sure they have state of the art facilities to match."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Traralgon College Takes Out Award at Wakakirri Finals Night
Traralgon College wins Best Adapted Story Award.
- Traralgon Table Tennis Celebrates 70 Years
Efforts and commitment of those who have served Traralgon Table Tennis Association were recognized as the committee celebrates its 70 years.
- Official Opening of the Traralgon West Sporting Complex First Floor
Traralgon West Sporting Complex officially opened.
- School Breakfast Clubs Expansion to Help Traralgon Students Thrive
Traralgon (Stockdale Road) Primary School have been invited to participate in the School Breakfast Clubs Expansion Program.
- Plans Unveiled for Traralgon School
Traralgon families will get the world-class local school their kids deserve with a massive upgrade for Kosciusko Street Primary School.
- Experts Appointed to Run Traralgon Youth Rehab Beds
New youth residential rehabilitation service in the Latrobe Valley to run by alcohol and other drug support agencies.
- Upgrading Education for All Traralgon Students
Development of masterplan options to modernise Traralgon College’s senior campus, and rebuild Latrobe Special Developmental School on the Traralgon College Junior Campus site.
- Latrobe City Law Enforcement Special Olympics Torch Run
Special Olympics Torch Run Tour to Latrobe City by Victoria Police and Special Olympics Australia.
- Latrobe City Traffic School Hosts Gippsland Bike Ed Challenge
Regional championship at the Latrobe City Traffic School in Morwell.
- Latrobe City Mentors Donate 6,800 Hours to Local Learners
Latrobe City Mentors will provide 6,800 hours supervising local learner drivers with its 10-year anniversary.
- Latrobe City say ‘Thanks for the hand’
Volunteers received a special gift to acknowledge the contribution they make to the community.
- Latrobe Valley Residents Paint the Town Proud
Newly transformed public places across the Latrobe Valley for resident to enjoy.
- Scout Halls Upgraded at Newborough and Traralgon
Scout halls at Newborough and West Traralgon reopens today.
- Latrobe City Welcomes our Newest Citizens
Newly naturalised Australian citizens from countries including Italy, Russia, Iran, Sri Lanka and the Philippines, warmly welcomed at Latrobe City Councils second Citizenship Ceremony.
- Latrobe City Relocates Emergency Relief Centre Servicing Displaced East Gippsland Residents
Opening of an Emergency Relief Centre at the Morwell Recreation Reserve to assist East Gippsland Shire during the bushfire emergency.
- Latrobe City Council Appoints New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Dan Clancey elected as Mayor and Cr Alan McFarlane as deputy.
- Latrobe City Assists Displaced East Gippsland Residents
Support escalated with the opening of an Emergency Relief Centre at the Morwell Recreation Reserve, Travers Street Morwell.
- Latrobe City Showcase Defence Capabilities
70 businesses discussed supplier partnership opportunities with Rheinmetall Defence Australia.
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club
Hazelwood Power Station closure.
- Specialist Appointments Close to Home for Gippsland Locals
Gippsland patients will benefit from appointments closer to home.
- Safe & Strong Latrobe Executive Leadership Forum
Focus on gender equality and prevention of family violence in the business sector at Latrobe Executive Leadership forum.
- Works Commence at Latrobe Creative Precinct
Latrobe Creative Precinct excavation works commencing on site this week.
- Smile Squad to Visit Latrobe Valley Kids from Term One
Free dental program is rolled out to more schools in term by Smile Squad one next year.
- Connecting the New College Campus
Traffic management plan for 2020 being worked on by Bass Coast Shire Council, Wonthaggi Secondary College and the Bass Coast Specialist School.
- Extensive Upgrades Complete at the VRI Hall
The VRI Hall in Traralgon is now re-open to the local community.
- Schools to Share in Statewide $515M Maintenance Blitz
61 schools to benefit from $515 million budget for school maintenance.
- Upgraded Classrooms and Facilities for Newborough Primary School
Bigger, better classrooms and school facilities for Newborough Primary School.
- Defence Sector Prospects for Latrobe City
Business delegation led to Latrobe City Council showcasing the specialist business and industry expertise available in Latrobe City connected to the defence sector.
- Brancourts Closure a Blow for the Latrobe Valley
Tough times for 30 local employees of Brancourts’ Traralgon processing plant.
- Keeping the Legacy of our Veterans Alive in Latrobe City
Keeping alive the legacy of local veterans with funding to support the Yinnar Cenotaph Lighting Project, the Traralgon Cemetery Trust War Memorial Precinct and the Traralgon RS Sub-Branch rental of a giant screen for ANZAC Day 2020.
- Helping More School Kids Stay Safe in the Sun in Rawson
77 schools will share in an almost $1 million School Shade Grants program.
- Walk to School Done for Another Year
Walk to School program has wrapped up for another year.
- Keeping School Leavers Safe in Bass Coast
Young people from across Victoria will make their way to Phillip Island to celebrate the end of Year 12.
- Garden Talent in Full Bloom in Latrobe City
Gardening skills of Latrobe City residents recognised at the Latrobe City Garden Competition awards night.
- W-League Soccer to be Showcased in Latrobe City
Latrobe City hosts elite level women’s soccer at the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium, Morwell between Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers.
- Brown Coal to Produce Hydrogen in Latrobe Valley
Pilot project launched at the Loy Yang Power Station where J-Power Latrobe Valley Pty Ltd (J-Power) to produce hydrogen from brown coal.
- Driving Better Car Parking Across the Latrobe Valley
Investment on new free car parks for the Latrobe Valley: Moe added to the Regional Car Park’s Fund.
- Clubroom Upgrade for Warragul Women
Completed upgrade project at the clubrooms, thanks to a $36,431 grant.
- New Home for the Voice of Latrobe
Latrobe Health Advocate moves into a new home in Morwell CBD.
- Ballet under the Stars Comes to the Latrobe Valley
Australian Ballet’s free outdoor gala event Ballet Under the Stars will visit the Latrobe Valley.
- Making Kinder Buildings and Playgrounds More Inclusive
St Paul's Anglican Grammar School Early Learning Centre - Traralgon Campus and Glengarry Kindergarten gets an upgrade.
- Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner visits Latrobe City
Mr Peter McGauran visits Latrobe City.
- Tee – Up for Mental Health Golf Day Supports Local Organisations
Local golf day event held in conjunction with the Rotary Club of Traralgon to help raise funds to support Mental Health First Aid training courses.
- Gippsland Business Festival a big success for Latrobe City
Huge turnout of business owners and entrepreneur’s at ‘Tom O’Toole – Ingredients of Success’.