• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Capital Works Coming Up
New footpath in Wonthaggi and drainage improvements in San Remo and Inverloch this month.
By Portal Admin - 11th November 2018 - Back to News
A new footpath in Wonthaggi and drainage improvements in San Remo and Inverloch are some of the capital works projects happening in Bass Coast this month.
The new footpath, along the west side of Miners Drive between McKenzie Street and Brudenhall Terrace, is part of a multi-staged project.
Construction on the new footpath will start on Wednesday, 7 November and will take around four weeks to complete. This $70,000 project is funded by Council's Footpath Gaps Program. Council has a continuing program to improve the connection and standard of the current pathway network within the municipality.
The aim of the project is to improve pedestrian movement and student access to the new secondary school campus. The new footpath will give residents and students a safe pedestrian connection to the area. As part of these works, new concrete may be laid through landowner’s driveways. Access to properties will be restricted for a four-day period from when the concrete is poured. This is to allow the concrete to set before any vehicles use the driveway.
Drainage improvement works in San Remo will occur between 19 November and 21 December. This $310,000 project is funded by Council as part of its 2018/19 Capital Works Program. The drainage improvement works include the installation of a Gross Pollutant Trap on the main stormwater outfall in San Remo.
The aim of this project is to improve visual amenity, as well as stormwater quality and discharge into Westernport Bay. These important works will help ensure the drainage network has longevity. Traffic movements, beach access and pedestrian movements may be affected during the works. Contractors will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction.
Drainage improvements along Grandview Grove back lane in Inverloch will start on Wednesday, 7 November and take up to three weeks to complete. This $35,000 project is funded by Council as part of the 2018/19 Capital Works Program. There will be no laneway access for residents while works are being undertaken. During the works, a road closure of up to three days will affect The Esplanade, between Pymble Avenue and Grandview Grove. An electronic message sign will be on location before the road closure occurs.
Keep up-to-date with all Council's Capital Works projects at www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/projects.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Capital Works Projects Forging Ahead
Carpark renewal works at the Inverloch Boat Ramp and footpath renewals in Wonthaggi are underway.
- Works Commence at Latrobe Creative Precinct
Latrobe Creative Precinct excavation works commencing on site this week.
- Works Underway on Gippsland Roads
Massive road maintenance blitz is underway across Gippsland for safer, smoother and stronger roads.
- New Island Off-Leash Beaches Introduced
New off-leash beach areas in San Remo, Cape Woolamai, Cowes West and Ventnor will be introduced by 1 December 2019 in time for summer.
- New Technology Boosting Safety in Nar Nar Goon
New technology installed at a high-risk intersection near Nar Nar Goon, for easier and safer turning to the Princes Highway.
- New Playspace for Warragul Worth its Weight in Marbles
Brand new play equipment for students at Warragul North Primary School with Pick My Project initiative.
- New Bills Introduced into Victorian Parliament Last Week
Three new bills introduced into Parliament this week.
- A New Jobs and Volunteering Hub for Gippsland
New job opportunities for Gippsland locals with new job hub.
- A New Chairperson Appointed and Lots More!
An update on news, events, activities and opportunities across the Food & Fibre sector in Gippsland.
- New Home for the Voice of Latrobe
Latrobe Health Advocate moves into a new home in Morwell CBD.
- New Vichealth Funding to Grow Community Sport in Eastern Victoria
The Victorian Health Promotion Foundation (VicHealth) announced a$500,000 funding to support sports clubs in Eastern Victoria.
- New Blue Gum Plantation Ready to Bloom
Timber plantation on crown land in the Latrobe Valley already completed.
- Footpath Upgrades on the Way
Footpath Renewal Program well underway.
- World Class Shows Coming to Wonthaggi
Live performances over the coming months.
- Work starts on new 36 million litre water storage tank at Wy Yung
Construction of a new 36 million litre water storage tank at East Gippsland Water's Wy Yung water storage facility.
- An Exciting New Era for Morwell Maternal and Child Health Services
Morwell Maternal and Child Health relocation.
- Water Main Replacement Works - Lindenow
Work to commence next week to replace ageing water pipeline.
- Mobile Cat Desexing Program Coming to Wonthaggi
Cat-desexing event in Wonthaggi from Tuesday, 12 to Thursday, 14 November.
- Download your New Bin Collection Calendar Now
2019/20 bin collection calendars are now available for download.
- Sheepways Road Renewal Continues
Pavement renewal works along Sheepways Road is now underway.
- West Gippsland Healthcare Group Celebrates Completion of New Short Stay Unit and Third Operating Theatre
newly completed Short Stay Unit and third Operating Theatre at West Gippsland Hospital
- Repairs and Renewals on the Way
Access stairs at the First Surf Beach in Cape Paterson will be repaired in coming weeks.
- Connecting the New College Campus
Traffic management plan for 2020 being worked on by Bass Coast Shire Council, Wonthaggi Secondary College and the Bass Coast Specialist School.
- Wonthaggi Life Saving Club Update
Wonthaggi Life Saving Club (LSC) to provide lifesaving services to Cape Paterson Bay Beach.
- Summer Regulations and New Off-leash Beaches
Summer Regulations and New Off-leash Beaches come December 1.
- Cricket Fans are Padding Up for an Exciting New Innings in Gippsland Cricket
New home for Gippsland cricket at state-of-the-art facility at the Ted Summerton Reserve.
- Wonthaggi Recreation Upgrades Set to Start
Redevelopment of the tennis courts at the Wonthaggi Recreation Reserve set to start.
- Latrobe City Council Appoints New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Dan Clancey elected as Mayor and Cr Alan McFarlane as deputy.
- Next Steps for Wonthaggi Activity Centre Plan
Bass Coast Shire Council’s Draft Wonthaggi Activity Centre Plan has been developed to establish a vision for Wonthaggi for the next 20 years and to reinforce Wonthaggi’s role as a regional centre.
- Cinema Pop Up is Popping up in Wonthaggi - 28 November - 1 December 2019, Apex Park, Wonthaggi
Free Cinema Pop Up in Wonthaggi this Summer.
- Putting Out the Call for a New Kind of Art
Bass Coast Shire Council calls for expressions of interest for 2019/20 project.
- Mecwacare Announced as New Provider
Mecwacare chosen by both the State and Federal governments as the provider of Aged and Disability Services and Assessment Services for the Bass Coast Shire and will start servicing Bass Coast clients from January 2020.