• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Capital Works Coming Up
New footpath in Wonthaggi and drainage improvements in San Remo and Inverloch this month.
By Portal Admin - 11th November 2018 - Back to News
A new footpath in Wonthaggi and drainage improvements in San Remo and Inverloch are some of the capital works projects happening in Bass Coast this month.
The new footpath, along the west side of Miners Drive between McKenzie Street and Brudenhall Terrace, is part of a multi-staged project.
Construction on the new footpath will start on Wednesday, 7 November and will take around four weeks to complete. This $70,000 project is funded by Council's Footpath Gaps Program. Council has a continuing program to improve the connection and standard of the current pathway network within the municipality.
The aim of the project is to improve pedestrian movement and student access to the new secondary school campus. The new footpath will give residents and students a safe pedestrian connection to the area. As part of these works, new concrete may be laid through landowner’s driveways. Access to properties will be restricted for a four-day period from when the concrete is poured. This is to allow the concrete to set before any vehicles use the driveway.
Drainage improvement works in San Remo will occur between 19 November and 21 December. This $310,000 project is funded by Council as part of its 2018/19 Capital Works Program. The drainage improvement works include the installation of a Gross Pollutant Trap on the main stormwater outfall in San Remo.
The aim of this project is to improve visual amenity, as well as stormwater quality and discharge into Westernport Bay. These important works will help ensure the drainage network has longevity. Traffic movements, beach access and pedestrian movements may be affected during the works. Contractors will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction.
Drainage improvements along Grandview Grove back lane in Inverloch will start on Wednesday, 7 November and take up to three weeks to complete. This $35,000 project is funded by Council as part of the 2018/19 Capital Works Program. There will be no laneway access for residents while works are being undertaken. During the works, a road closure of up to three days will affect The Esplanade, between Pymble Avenue and Grandview Grove. An electronic message sign will be on location before the road closure occurs.
Keep up-to-date with all Council's Capital Works projects at www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/projects.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Works on Track for the Traralgon to Morwell Shared Pathway
Continuing works on the Traralgon to Morwell shared pathway.
- EPA Works Approval Applications Extended
EPA Works Approval application extended
- Ace in the Hole – Works Begin at Sale Tennis Centre
The $2.35 million redevelopment of the Sale Tennis Club is now underway.
- Water Main Realignment Works to Commence Shortly in Swan Reach
Realignment of water along Princes Highway at Swan Reach due to start Mid November.
- Unauthorised Building Works Result In Fines for Owner
Successful legal action by Latrobe City Council against a Morwell property owner
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- Footpath and Bus Shelter on the Go
New footpath and bus shelter along Bayview Avenue in Inverloch this January.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- A Taste of Ireland coming to Warragul
TOURING VICTORIA from 27 March to 11 April visiting Colac, Wonthaggi, Geelong, Echuca, Warragul, Bairnsdale, Traralgon, Sale, Wangaratta, Albury, Yarrawonga, Shepparton, Bendigo, Swan Hill and Mildura
- More Improvements to Roads and Pathways
Capital Works projects underway, including road sealing and footpath renewals.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Building Upgrades at Wonthaggi Primary School
Important new works for the Wonthaggi Primary School soon!
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.