• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
By Portal Admin - 17th March 2019 - Back to News
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
Stage 1 of the change and social room facility renewal is now complete. The upgrades include new home and away players and umpires change facilities, catering for male and female participants.
Stage 2 of construction includes new social, kitchen and canteen areas and is well underway. This stage is expected to be completed prior to the completion of the 2019 football and netball season.
Both stages are being delivered by TS Constructions and are funded through Bass Coast Shire Council’s building renewal program. The Dalyston Recreation Reserve Committee of Management has also contributed $200,000 to the project
Committee member Kelvin Simpson has been long awaiting the new facilities at the Reserve.
"We are so proud of the efforts of volunteers before us and the work we are currently undertaking to make this a reality," Mr Simpson said.
"I wish to thank everyone who has helped make the Reserve what it is today.
"It has been a 15 year plus project and I would like to thank the Bass Coast Shire for their much needed support in this wonderful new era for the Reserve.
"The new facilities will provide all user groups and the broader community a major boost by providing fantastic rooms and areas for them to enjoy.
"Importantly, our valued members and visitors will have a great vantage point away from the south-west weather, now that the facilities are built on the western side of the oval."
Bass Coast Shire Council Mayor, Cr Brett Tessari, has kept a close eye on the project’s progress.
"We would like to thank local builders, TS Construction and their many wonderful trades, the Recreation Reserve Committee and local sporting clubs for their their input into this game changing project for the Dalyston community," Cr Tessari said.
"We see this major upgrade of the Reserve as another example of Council’s commitment to improve community facilities and in this case a major Recreation Reserve in Bass Coast."
The overall cost for both stages of this project is in excess of $1.7 million.
The project was identified in Council’s Sport and Active Recreation Needs Assessment and the Dalyston Recreation Reserve Master Plan.
Stage 1 of the works at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve is complete, with Stage 2 well underway.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- New Carpet Can’t Paper over Cracks in V/Line’s Old Rolling Stock
New seat fabrics and carpet as improvement for V/line.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Era Kicks Off for Latrobe Valley Soccer
Newly installed FIFA accredited synthetic pitch at Gippsland Regional Centre.
- New Partnership for Latrobe Valley Skills
New partnership to prepare Latrobe Valley workers for upcoming jobs in the electric vehicle industry.
- New Home for Gards Volunteers and Members
New home of GARDS in Moe, officially opened.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Indoor Baseball Training Facility for Local Clubs
All-weather baseball training facility now open!
- New Funding to Strengthen Disability Rights
Funding boost to strengthen disability rights.
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Gippsland Soccer Scores New Synthetic Field of Dreams
FIFA-accredited synthetic pitch for Gippsland Soccer.
- Harold Hughes Reserve’s New look
New playground and skate park for everyone at Corinella’s Harold Hughes Reserve.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Victorians Hooked on Fishing with New Custom Plates
Fishing-themed custom plate for fishing lovers.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Planning for Recreation Upgrades
Upgrade plans to major recreation locations for the town.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Crinigan Road Bushland Reserve Committee
Reserve committee currently looking for new members to get involved.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Official Opening of Shared Pavilion and Netball Courts at Morwell Recreation Reserve
Morwell Recreation Reserve Precinct Master Plan officially opens
- Upgrade of Netball Precinct at Inverloch Recreation Reserve
Upgrades to Inverloch-Kongwak Football Netball Club.
- Sale Showgrounds Open and Water Tower Redevelopment Happening
New amenities and recreation building at the Sale Showgrounds is now open.
- Willow Grove Sporting Facility Upgrades Complete
New multi-purpose, female friendly match day pavilion at the Willow Grove Recreation Reserve.
- Pitch Perfect Start for Cricket Centre of Excellence
New Cricket Centre of Excellence at Ted Summerton Reserve now underway.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Armistice Street Theatre Performances to Recognise the End of World War I
New free street theatre performance to recognise the 100 year anniversary of the signing of the Armistice.
- Water Sector Signs Innovative Energy Deal
New energy partnership to minimise greenhouse gas emissions and maintain affordable water bills.
- Capital Works Coming Up
New footpath in Wonthaggi and drainage improvements in San Remo and Inverloch this month.
- Preventing Family Violence with Women’s Health Services
New funding to teach people how to call out sexism and create gender equality policies.
- Extra Rehabilitation Beds for Victorian Youth
New youth residential rehabilitation facility to be established in Gippsland.
- Footpath and Bus Shelter on the Go
New footpath and bus shelter along Bayview Avenue in Inverloch this January.
- Fodder transport subsidies
New South Wales fodder transport subsidy match in Victoria, wanted.
- Comment on Arts and Culture
New Strategy replaces the 2015-2019 Arts and Culture Plan
- Gippsland, a Tourism Boom that Keeps Growing
New data showed 2018 as tourism industry's biggest year.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Gippsland’s Leading Food and Fibre Organisations to Amalgamate
New entity supports Gippy food and fibre sectors
- Grantville Gets Information Upgrade
New information shelter works starting 29 March.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Free Text Books for Secondary School Students
Promise of new free textbooks for secondary schoold students if the Nationals get elected.
- Building Upgrades at Wonthaggi Primary School
Important new works for the Wonthaggi Primary School soon!
- Greener Pastures for Traralgon Croquet Club
Sheen on new greens for Traralgon Croquet Club.
- Change of Greenery for Traralgon Croquet Club
Change of greenery at Glenview Park.
- Keeping Our Promises to Eastern Victoria Region
Local families will benefit from brand-new Baby Bundles, new and expanded School Breakfast Clubs and the next stage of our Solar homes program.
- Change for Sam Strategy
Increased community awareness and better support for women experiencing violence with Change of Sam Strategy.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- Advocating for Two Priority Pools
$60 million wanted for two Aquatics projects: A new pool for Phillip Island and the redevelopment of the Bass Coast Aquatic Centre in Wonthaggi.
- No Action from Labor Leaves Victorian Farmers at A Disadvantage
As transport subsidies for drought-affected farmers in New South Wales starts, access to fodder supplies could get tighter for Victorian farmers.