• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Council to Back Call for Newstart Increase
Bass Coast Shire Council supports increase Newstart Allowance payments.
By Portal Admin - 2nd April 2019 - Back to News
Bass Coast Shire Council will advocate to the Federal Government to increase Newstart Allowance payments.
This decision was made at the March Council Meeting, after a petition was tabled in February asking for Council’s support.
For the full media release please click on this link:
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Council Facilities Begin a Considered Reopening
Some Council facilities to reopen from 2 June.
- Council Gets Camera Ready
The trial will start at the May Council Meeting and will include a trial of voice-to-text closed captions.
- Council Continues COVID-19 Response
The Hardship Policy is linked to the recently adopted Bass Coast Business and Community Response and Recovery Package.
- Council Endorse CBD 40km/h Zone Application
Improved pedestrian safety and movement in the main Central Business Districts of Latrobe City after a traffic improvement project gets unanimous vote.
- Council to Consider Proposed Budget
The Proposed Budget includes a record capital works program of $28 million.
- Help Council Develop its Graffiti Management Strategy 2020-24
Short survey to help develop the four-year Graffiti Management Strategy.
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 6 April
A snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 6 April
- A Message from Bass Coast Shire Council CEO, Ali Wastie
A message from Bass Coast Shire Council CEO in light of government advice on social distancing to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Hybrid Vehicles continue to cut Council’s Carbon Footprint
Additional 2 new hybrid vehicles with continued efforts by Latrobe City Council to reduce carbon footprint.
- Northe Calls for Boost to Police Resources
Northe calls for increase in police resources to tackle crime in the region.
- Andrews Turns his Back on Bushfire-affected Farmers
Andrews' Labor Government failed to explain failure to allocate enough money to its promised fodder transport subsidy.
- Thousands Support Call to Reverse Ban on Recreational Hunters
Petition demanding the Andrews Government reconsider its politically-motivated ban on recreational sales of firearms and ammunition.
- Grants to Get Sports Back on track in Eastern Victoria
100 million in grants dedicated to supporting grassroots players, volunteers and building sports infrastructure.
- Daniel Andrews Turns His Back on Victorian Barley Growers
Victorian grain growers abandoned by refusing to stand against China’s 80 per cent tariff on Australian barley.
- Daniel Andrews has Turned his Back on Victorian producers
China’s unjustified decision to impose an 80 per cent tariff on Australian barley threatens Victorian jobs and our state’s economy.
- Permit Refunds Flowing Back Into Community
Refund of more than $160,000 in permit applications with the announcement last month of the Community Support Package.
- Bass Coast Rail Trail Affected by Erosion
Safety measures put in place as erosion along the Kilcunda foreshore impacts the Bass Coast Rail Trail.
- Bass Coast Waste Facilities Open for Business
All kerbside waste collections are operating as normal and Waste Facilities remain open in Bass Coast.
- Bass Coast Beach Closures
The difficult decision was taken following Directions of the State Chief Health Officer and Bass Coast Health regarding the risks of large numbers of people gathering at our beaches and not practicing social distancing rules.
- Surf Parade Path Project Progressing
Bass Coast Shire Council officers are currently finalising the design and going through the process of obtaining the necessary permits and approvals for the project to progress to the construction stage.
- Help Develop Smiths Beach Town Plan
Feedback received during the consultation period will help Council develop the Smiths Beach Town Plan that aims to enhance the experience of residents abd protect the unique vegetation, wildlife and coastline environments.
- Help Us Identify Heritage Places
Bass Coast Shire Council is conducting a Heritage Gaps Study, to identify places within the Shire with heritage significance.
- Response and Recovery Plan Announced
Bass Coast Shire Council will implement its COVID-19 Business and Community Response and Recovery package.
- Game on at Bass Coast Community Stadium
Bass Coast Community Stadium was officially opened on Monday, 24 February.
- Grant Applications for Recreational Projects
Council is applying for funding to complete the 2020 Sports Pavilion Project, the 2020 Field Lighting Project and the Guy Road Trail Project.
- Major Cowes Project Moves Forward
Council is currently in the process of engaging architects to oversee the development of the new purpose-built Centre.
- Get involved in Climate Action Plan
Council has declared a climate emergency and is committed to developing an evidence-based Climate Change Action Plan.
- Flu Shots Available from May
Council nurses will administer free flu vaccinations through the Government's National Immunisation Program.
- 2020 Business Awards Cancelled
In place of the Awards, Council’s Business Support Team will develop a program of business events, training and marketing opportunities to help businesses get back on track following the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Recognising Bass Coast's Top Achievers
Winners of the Bass Coast Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year announced at the Australia Day Awards.
- Productive Meeting with Victorian Rail Advocate
Latrobe City Council met with the Victorian Rail Advocate Jill Walsh to hear first-hand information about rail transport needs and promote manufacturing capacity.
- City-Centric Lockdown Stopping Country Communities Getting Back on their Feet
Blanket ban on all Victorians going back to the workplace unfairly disadvantages regional communities.
- Tree Replacement to Begin for Commercial Road Freeway Entrance Improvement
Latrobe City Council committed to improving the aesthetic of the freeway entrance at Commercial Road
- More Police for Baw Baw, Bass Coast and Latrobe to Support Safer Communities
Additional 80 officers allocated to the police division that serves the local community to boost police resources.
- Extension Project to Benefit Impounded Animals
Latrobe City Council pound will provide the animals with more room for exercise and socialisation.
- Continuing to Deliver for the Community
Latrobe City Council continues to deliver all essential services and has adopted innovative ways.
- Six Steps sets G.E.T. on Path to Success
Latrobe City Council is again running the Six Steps to Business Success Program in 2020.
- Time to Talk Budget
The Proposed Budget supports the objectives of the Council Plan and continues to reflect Council’s extensive community engagement to ‘Help Shape a Better Bass Coast’.
- School’s Back
Community encouraged to make sure students can move to and from school safely.
- New Local Project Funding for Baw Baw Shire
Growing Suburbs Fund expanded to include Baw Baw Shire Council, to support the local area’s growing needs.