• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Lines of Communication are Open – and Accessible
Customer Service and Visitor Information Centres awarded with Scope’s Communication Access Symbol.
By Portal Admin - 3rd November 2019 - Back to News
Bass Coast Shire Council’s Customer Service and Visitor Information Centres in Cowes, Inverloch, Grantville, Newhaven and Wonthaggi have been awarded with Scope’s Communication Access Symbol.
The Communication Access Symbol identifies places where people are respectful and responsive to individuals with communication difficulties and where strategies and resources are used to support successful communication.
As one of Australia’s largest disability service providers, Scope’s Communication Access program aims to create a world where people who have communication difficulties are able to communicate successfully with everyone, everywhere.
The accreditation process involves the provision of specialised communication access training for staff, the development of appropriate communication tools for use in each Centre, assessment and finally, accreditation.
Being awarded Scope’s Communication Access Symbol recognises that Council provides:
- Staff with positive and welcoming attitudes towards all customers;
- time for people with communication difficulties to get their message across;
- important written information in a range of different formats;
- communication boards tailored to our community’s needs on request;
- a communication friendly phone service; and
- staff who are confident in using the National Relay Service, for people with communication difficulties.
Keep an eye out for the Communication Access Symbol which is proudly displayed at each of our Customer Service and Visitor Information Centres.
Bass Coast Shire Council Customer Service Officers Kiara and Pauline are proud to see the Communication Access symbol is now displayed at Council’s Customer Serviec and Visitor Information centres.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here