• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
By Portal Admin - 5th November 2018 - Back to News
Warragul residents now have access to a range of justice services under the same roof thanks to the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
The one-stop shop will allow people to get consumer affairs advice, make sheriff payments, see youth justice staff, access the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria and submit births, deaths and marriages applications.
The $1.2 million centre will also act as a base for the Warragul Community Correctional Services (CCS) team, which is responsible for managing offenders on community-based orders by ensuring they comply with conditions set by the courts or Adult Parole Board.
The centre opened for business on 11 September and is conveniently located on Queen Street in the Warragul CBD, in close proximity to the train station and other government services including Centrelink and Medicare.
The centre is part of the Victorian Government’s investment of more than $65 million to open new Justice Service Centres and refurbish existing offices across the state.
Warragul is the 16th new Justice Service Centre to open under the expansion program and adds to other Gippsland centres in Bairnsdale, Morwell, Sale and Wonthaggi.
In total, more than $320 million has been invested over the last three years to strengthen Victoria’s expanding CCS system, with more than 300 extra CCS staff recruited to manage and supervise offenders.
This includes 16 staff in the Gippsland region, seven of whom are located in Warragul.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"The new centre is a tremendous asset for Warragul residents, who previously had to travel to Morwell or Pakenham to access Births Deaths and Marriages, Consumer Affairs, the Dispute Settlement Centre and Youth Justice Services."
"Baw Baw Shire is one of the fastest growing local government areas in the state, and the centre will ensure residents have access to a wide range of justice services under the same roof."
Quotes attributable to Minister for Corrections Gayle Tierney
"This facility is a major boost for CCS staff, who work hard each day to make Victoria a safer place by helping to rehabilitate offenders."
"CCS has expanded significantly in recent years, and the Victorian Government’s investment in infrastructure is ensuring staff have the space and facilities they need to continue their vital work."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Partnership for Latrobe Valley Skills
New partnership to prepare Latrobe Valley workers for upcoming jobs in the electric vehicle industry.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Boosting Water Services with Bumper Package of Engineering Projects
$6.3 million engineering projects to safeguard and enhance water services.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Aged and Disability Services Continue to Support our Community
Continued aged support through transition.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Pitch Perfect Start for Cricket Centre of Excellence
New Cricket Centre of Excellence at Ted Summerton Reserve now underway.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Northe’s Tribute to Local Service Men and Women
Tribute to men and women following ANSAC Day.
- Supporting Contract Workers with Long Service Benefits
Commencement of the Portable Long Service Benefits Scheme.
- Preventing Family Violence with Women’s Health Services
New funding to teach people how to call out sexism and create gender equality policies.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Armistice Street Theatre Performances to Recognise the End of World War I
New free street theatre performance to recognise the 100 year anniversary of the signing of the Armistice.
- Water Sector Signs Innovative Energy Deal
New energy partnership to minimise greenhouse gas emissions and maintain affordable water bills.
- Capital Works Coming Up
New footpath in Wonthaggi and drainage improvements in San Remo and Inverloch this month.
- Extra Rehabilitation Beds for Victorian Youth
New youth residential rehabilitation facility to be established in Gippsland.
- Footpath and Bus Shelter on the Go
New footpath and bus shelter along Bayview Avenue in Inverloch this January.
- Sale Showgrounds Open and Water Tower Redevelopment Happening
New amenities and recreation building at the Sale Showgrounds is now open.
- Comment on Arts and Culture
New Strategy replaces the 2015-2019 Arts and Culture Plan
- Gippsland, a Tourism Boom that Keeps Growing
New data showed 2018 as tourism industry's biggest year.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Gippsland’s Leading Food and Fibre Organisations to Amalgamate
New entity supports Gippy food and fibre sectors
- Grantville Gets Information Upgrade
New information shelter works starting 29 March.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Free Text Books for Secondary School Students
Promise of new free textbooks for secondary schoold students if the Nationals get elected.
- Northe Puts Spotlight on Improved Local Health Services
Ambitious target to half the Victorian suicide rate by 2025.
- Building Upgrades at Wonthaggi Primary School
Important new works for the Wonthaggi Primary School soon!
- Help Improve Accessibility In Bass Coast
Help improve accessibility by considering to nominate to join Bass Coast Shire Council’s Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee.
- Keeping Our Promises to Eastern Victoria Region
Local families will benefit from brand-new Baby Bundles, new and expanded School Breakfast Clubs and the next stage of our Solar homes program.
- Advocating for Two Priority Pools
$60 million wanted for two Aquatics projects: A new pool for Phillip Island and the redevelopment of the Bass Coast Aquatic Centre in Wonthaggi.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- No Action from Labor Leaves Victorian Farmers at A Disadvantage
As transport subsidies for drought-affected farmers in New South Wales starts, access to fodder supplies could get tighter for Victorian farmers.