Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot 22 March 2023
Baw Baw Shire Council agendas and minutes of the meeting held on 22 March 2023.
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 22 March council meeting.
Minutes of council meetings are confirmed at the next meeting of council, but the current council meeting is live streamed at the council's website
Planning and development
PLA0224/22 - 100 Buln Buln Road, Drouin - Vegetation Removal. Council resolved to issue a Notice of Decision to grant planning permit PLA0224/22 for the removal of native vegetation, subject to conditions.
Notice of motion response
Options for assistance for the West Gippsland Field Archers Club. Council moved to provide the West Gippsland Field Archers:
- A tenancy agreement to use the indoor space at the Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA) shed at Logan Park, Warragul, for an 18-month period, with an option to extend
- Short-term use of the old pound site on Galloway Street, Warragul for target archery for an 18-month period
- Refer the $30,000 cost for a site suitability study to assess the long-term options for locating all of the Club's activities at a council managed site to the upcoming 2023/24 budget process
General business motion response
Options to progress the development of sporting reserves identified in the Drouin Precinct Structure Plan. Council received and noted the options presented in the report to progress the development of sporting reserves in the Drouin Precinct Structure Plan, in response to the General Business Motion at the council meeting on 14 December 2022.
Road safety for the intersection of Normanby Street and O'dowds Road, Warragul. Council moved an alternate motion to:
- Engage an independent traffic consultant to undertake a Road Safety Audit (RSA)
- Table the outcomes of the RSA at a future council meeting
- Subject to the outcomes of the RSA - a) In principle supports the replacement of the existing give way sign and line marking with a stop sign and corresponding line marking b) In principle support the installation of flashing warning signs (on Normanby Street on both approaches to O'dowds Road)
- Notify the lead petitioner in writing of this decision
Tender recommendation report
CON - 2022016 Provision of Street Tree Maintenance Services. Council approve and award the CON 2022016 Provision of Street Tree Maintenance Services to Drouin Tree Services Pty Ltd comprising lump sum pricing for a two-year contract period, for the value of $869,908.90 ($434,954.45 per annum), exc of GST. Council delegate authority to the CEO to:
- Sign the contract documents and execute the award of the contract
- Enter into and execute future contract extensions in accordance with the conditions of contract
Hollydell Off-leash Dog Park Upgrade, Trafalgar. Council moved an alternate recommendation to:
- Continue to undertake planned and programmed works for the upgrade of Hollydell Off-leash Dog Park Trafalgar
- Note that these planned and programmed works are not to increase the existing dog park footprint
- Utilise any equipment purchased for the extension of the dog park in the existing dog park where possible, or in dog parks in Warragul or Drouin
- Advise the head petitioner of council's decision
Development, grants and advocacy
Q2 2022/23 Combined Performance Report. Council noted:
- The Quarterly Performance Report for Quarter 2 of 2022/23
- The Financial Report for Quarter 2 of 2022/23
- The Capital Works Program Report for Quarter 2 of 2022/23
- The projects and capital budget expenditure to be formally deferred for delivery in future years
- The inclusion of a new capital project for the 6 October 2022 Flood Event
Community grants program review
Draft Policy and Review Recommendations. Council moved to:
- Review and provide comment on the draft Community Grants Policy
- Note the Community Financial Assistance Policy will be revised and updated
- Note the Community Grants Policy will be placed on community exhibition form 24 March to 24 April 2023
General business motion Response
Proposed App to Assist Families in Baw Baw Shire. Council received and noted the report on a proposed App to assist families in Baw Baw Shire, in response to the General Business Motion at the council meeting of 14 December 2022.
Baw Baw Shire Council have reopened council meetings to members of the public. Bookings are encouraged. Please visit Baw Baw Shire Council Meetings page to book.
All council meetings will be live-streamed, and archived recordings will be available on the council website for viewing. The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: email@example.com
Latest NewsDarren Chester warns East Gippsland faces potential cuts o $20M in road safety projects
Free disposal of unwanted clothing program starts with transfer stations at Lardner and Trafalgar by Upcylce4Better and Baw Baw Shire Council
Gippsland students from Grade 5 to Year 12 are encouraged to enter 2023 Parliament Prize competition by 16 June 2023
Crossbench federal MPs urged to visit Gippsland timber towns to learn of Victorian government ignorance and hypocrisy first hand
Martin Cameron warns Andrews Labor government to repeat past mistakes of negatively impacting local communities by neglecting regional roads
Motor Neurone Disease has Big Freeze fundraiser at Bairnsdale Oval with Darren Chester 10 June 2023
Ella Fothergill and Chloe Bethune from Federation University Gippsland win Gippsland Water Indigenous Scholarship
Gippsland road maintenance slashed by 25% for total reduction of 45% since 2020 by Andrews Labor government
Review of utilities resilience for blackout prevention and emergency response times demanded by Danny O'Brien
South Gippsland wins Corporate & Community Planning award at LGPro COnference on 24 May 2023 and more updates