Latrobe Local News:
Help clean up Latrobe on Clean Up Australia Day
Latrobe City Council is calling for people to come forward and help clean up Latrobe
By Latrobe City Council - 7th February 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Sunday 3 March 2002 is Clean Up Australia Day and Latrobe City Council is calling for Community Groups and individuals to come forward and help clean up Latrobe.
Latrobe City Mayor, Councillor Brendan Jenkins said that he hoped that community spirit would prevail and that the event would be as big a success as it had been in previous years.
"Local businesses have the opportunity to show support for a healthier and cleaner community by setting up waste reduction and recycling programs, and on Friday 1 March, local schools will have the opportunity to enter the ‘Clean Up Australian Schools’ competition," Cr Jenkins said.
"However, it’s the Community groups and individuals that can really make a difference by suggesting a site to be cleaned and getting involved with one of the local Clean Up Australia Day groups."
"Latrobe City Council is acting as a central point of contact for the clean up activities, by providing equipment such as bins, bags and gloves. We can also suggest suitable sites for cleaning and can refer interested citizens to groups already participating in the activities," Cr Jenkins continued.
For those groups who have not yet registered their Clean Up Australia Day activity with Council, telephone Latrobe City’s Community Events Officer, Ashley Creighton, on 1300 367 700.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Help shape Skate Park and Play Space
Community consultation sessions by Bass Coast Shire Council
- Help Stop E-Waste Entering Landfill
E-waste banned from all Victorian landfills.
- Latrobe City Council 2019/2020 Draft Budget and Draft Rating Strategy 2019-20
Budget draft considers investment in generational assets for population growth and enhanced liveability.
- Help To Grow Local Events
Bass Coast Shire Council meets up to create strategic plan to attract events to Bass Coast.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct – Sod turning Ceremony
Commemoration: beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct.
- Latrobe Valley Information Network (LVIN)
World’s largest real-time environmental monitoring network goes online in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria on the 1st May.
- Latrobe L2P Program: Driver mentor Program to Continue till 2023
Continued assistance to young people with challenges in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
- Grants Help Eastern Victoria Music Venues Be Good Neighbours
Good Music Neighbours applications, now open!
- Latrobe Boost to Emergency Ambulance Arrivals
Data shows Ambulance arrtival at the scene of emergencies two minutes quicker in the March quarter.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Inequity Continues for Latrobe Valley Commuters
Still no support for public transport services and prices for Latrobe Valley commuters.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Fun, Fact and The Famous at This Year’s Latrobe Literary Festival
Diverse program mix in this year's Latrobe Literary Festival.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Drought Relief Necessary in Latrobe – Northe
Appeal for support for farmers in drought conditions.
- Safe and Strong Latrobe
Safe and Strong Latrobe, designed to prevent violence against women.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Boosting Safety and Reliability on Latrobe Roads
Reliable and safe roads with Fixing Country Roads Program.
- 2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
- Backing Community Projects in Latrobe
Support for community projects in Latrobe.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Government Support Runs Dry in Latrobe
Drought continues with little support.
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 18 March
A snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 18 March
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 3 June
Below is a snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 3 June 2019.
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 6 May
May 6 Council Meeting Round-Up
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Good Chef, Bad Chef to Feature at Sister Cities Festival
‘Good Chef’ Rosie to cook at Latrobe City Council’s Sister Cities Festival on Friday 9 November at the Moe Botanical Gardens.
- Fixing Local Roads in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire gets help to fix local road network with $100 million Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Domestic Wastewater Management
Public Draft of Latrobe City’s Domestic Wastewater Management Plan released.
- Northe to Advocate for the Valley at Budget Time
Russell Northe to ensure the Latrobe Valley region is not ignored when it comes to investment and new jobs for the region.
- Costa to Celebrate Community at Rose Garden Festival
Costa Georgiadis at Latrobe City Council’s Rose Garden Festival.
- Unauthorised Building Works Result In Fines for Owner
Successful legal action by Latrobe City Council against a Morwell property owner
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- Council to Back Call for Newstart Increase
Bass Coast Shire Council supports increase Newstart Allowance payments.