• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 7 October
A snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 7 October
By Portal Admin - 30th October 2019 - Back to News
Free Disposal of Silage Wrap
12.1 | Time of decision: 24:05
A petition requesting a free recycling service for farm silage wrap was presented to Council. Council agreed to look at the possibility of such a service.
Regional City Growth and Investment
2019/2020 STEM Exchange to Sister Cities
Item 14.1 | Time of decision: 34:44
- The proposal for a Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Exchange Program to our Sister Cities Taizhou in China and Takasago in Japan in 2020 generally as outlined in the report.
- A team consisting of the International Engagement and Investment Officer and support manager from Latrobe City Council will participate in the exchange to support the program
Amendment to ‘Waiver of Planning Permit Application Fees Policy’
Item 14.2 | Time of decision: 36:30
Deferred the consideration of the amended ‘Waiver of Planning Permit Application Fees Policy’ to allow the development of additional assessment criteria for such requests.
Assets and Presentation
Delegation to CEO to Award Various Contracts up to Contract Budget
Item 15.1 | Time of decision: 39:17
- Delegated to the CEO the authority to award contracts resulting from Invitation to Tenders for:
Authorised the CEO to sign and seal any associated documents to effect the awarding of those contracts;
Authorised release of the decision to the public once the contracts are awarded; and
Requires a report at an Ordinary Council Meeting detailing the contract awarded by the CEO, and the successful contractor
- Construction of Catterick Crescent Pavilion – Catterick Crescent Reserve Traralgon to a maximum value of $938,000 excl. GST
- Churchill Leisure Centre structural remediation and squash court refurbishment to a maximum of $570,000 excluding GST
Community Health and Wellbeing
2019/20 Community Grant Program Recommendations
Item 16.1 | Time of decision: 46:30
- Council approved 142 applications in the amounts stated as set out in the Attachment A – 2019-20 Community Grants Program - Final Recommendations.
- Council allocated $36,239.62 from the Community Sponsorship budget to fund the oversubscribed recommended Community Event applications.
Council approved three applicants in the amount stated as set out in the Attachment B - 2019-20 Community Grants Program - Final Recommendations.
Authorisation of Council Officer under the Planning & Environment Act 1987
Item 17.1 | Time of decision: 47:34
Council exercised the powers conferred by Section 224 of the Local Government Act 1989 and Section 147(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Act):
- Appointed and authorised Siobhan Matthews, Statutory Planner as an Authorised Officer for the purposes of the Act and associated regulations; and
- Delegated and authorised the Chief Executive Officer to sign and seal the Instrument of Appointment and Authorisation (Planning and Environment Act 1987) as presented which immediately comes into force when the common seal of Council is affixed.
Proposed Sale of Land – Finlayson Crescent, Traralgon
Item 17.2 | Time of decision: 50:18
- Gave public notice of its intention to consider the sale of part of the discontinued laneway formerly known as Finlayson Lane to the owner of 26 Finlayson Crescent, Traralgon, by private treaty and invites comment on the proposal pursuant to Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989; and
- That any submissions received regarding the proposed sale of part of the discontinued laneway formerly known as Finlayson Lane to the owner of 26 Finlayson Crescent, Traralgon, by private treaty be considered at a future Council meeting.
- If no submissions are received, Council resolves to sell part of the discontinued laneway formerly known as Finlayson Lane to the owner of 26 Finlayson Crescent, Traralgon, by private treaty and authorises the Chief Executive Officer to sign and seal any documents necessary to facilitate the transfer of the land.
Latrobe City Trust – Annual Report
Item 17.3 | Time of decision: 5
Council received and noted the Latrobe City Trust Annual Report.
Proposed 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting Dates
Item 17.4 | Time of decision: 51:59
That Council adopted and gave public notice of the dates of Ordinary Council Meetings for 2020. All meetings to commence at 6:00 pm, in the Nambur Wariga Meeting Room, Council Headquarters, 141 Commercial Road, Morwell:
10 February 2020
2 March 2020
6 April 2020
4 May 2020
1 June 2020
6 July 2020
3 August 2020
7 September 2020
5 October 2020
16 November 2020
7 December 2020
Tabling of ‘Assembly of Councillors’ Records
Item 17.5 | Time of decision: 52:36
Council received and noted the Assembly of Councillors records tabled for the period 19 August 2019 to 18 September 2019.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here