• Add My News • Search Old News
Melina Bath MP:
Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
By Portal Admin - 16th December 2018 - Back to News
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will build a dedicated, purpose-built Latrobe Special Developmental School.
Daniel Andrews has ignored the needs of local students and staff, who are learning and teaching in an out-dated facility that’s in a disgraceful state of disrepair.
Labor has refused to fund a stand-alone facility. Ignoring parent’s wishes and instead planning to force the School’s students to be crammed into the backyard of an existing school campus, raising serious concerns with the security and welfare of students.
A Liberal Nationals Government will provide $12.5 million toward the construction of a dedicated, purpose-built Latrobe Special Developmental School that meets the needs of students with a disability and provides appropriate teaching facilities for staff.
Parents have been calling for a purpose-built, stand-alone School with play and sports areas that allows for the future needs of families and a growing population in the Latrobe Valley.
Only the Liberal Nationals will build a dedicated campus so that the students of Latrobe Special Developmental School can get the best education in the state-of-the-art, purpose-built facilities they deserve.
Comments attributable to Shadow Assistant Minister for Education Melina Bath
"The Latrobe Valley community has identified a new, stand-alone Latrobe Special Developmental School as one of their top priorities and I am so proud to be here today delivering exactly that.
To all of the people who signed petitions and got the word out, your tireless advocacy means students and staff at LSDS will now get the dedicated facility they deserve.
Only the Liberal Nationals will give students what they need by investing in a dedicated campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School."
Comments attributable to The Nationals Candidate for Morwell Sheridan Bond
"Our local students deserve the very best start in life, but they’re missing out while they’re in these outdated facilities that don’t meet their needs.
I’ve spoken to many local parents and all have spoken about the need for a purpose-built, dedicated campus which is why I’m so proud to be here today delivering it.
I want to deliver a better deal on education for the Latrobe Valley so all our kids can have a brighter future."
Comment attributable to Liberal Candidate for Morwell Dale Harriman
"I know how hard it has been on our local students, parents and teachers to continue in these out-dated facilities.
The school community deserves a site of its own and up-to-date facilities. This is not the 19th century, our LSDS students deserve facilities that are fit-for-purpose.
"I would also like to congratulate the parents and teachers who have fought so hard for this upgrade."
Melina Bath, Sheridan Bond, Dale Harriman and LSDS students and parents
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Liberal Nationals Improving Food Security for Vulnerable People in Morwell
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to address the growing issue of food insecurity in the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland.
- Liberal Nationals will back the Yallourn Yallourn North Football Netball Club
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to ensure a $470,000 upgrade facilities at George Bates Reserve.
- Liberal Nationals’ plan to drive growth in Victorian agriculture
Liberal Nationals Government will grow Victoria’s agriculture and food industries if elected this
- Liberal Nationals to Boost Language and Literacy for Vulnerable Kids
Elected Liberal Nationals Government will target early language and literacy programs.
- Liberal Nationals Will Finish Duplication of Princes Hwy
Elected Liberal Nationals government to finish the duplication of the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- Liberal Nationals to Make Rates Fair for Farmers
Elected Liberal Nationals Government will take actions to make rates fair for farmers.
- Liberal Nationals Back Scouts and Guides
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to support the rich tradition of Scouts and Guides.
- Liberal Nationals backing Churchill Football Netball Club
$1 million state-of-the-art upgrade for Churchill Football Netball Club.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- The Nationals Commit To Billion Dollar Road Fix Blitz
Nationals to fix country roads with a $1 billion Road Fix Blitz.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Statement from the Nationals’ Leadership Team
Peter Walsh and Steph Ryan elected in the Victorian Parliamentary Party.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Farmers’ Market Support Program to return: only under Liberal Nationals
An elected Liberal Nationals Government plans to bring back the Farmers’ Market Support
Program axed by Labor.
- Country Victoria set for $30 million connectivity boost under the Liberal Nationals
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Building Upgrades at Wonthaggi Primary School
Important new works for the Wonthaggi Primary School soon!
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Building a Community Hospital on Phillip Island
Re-elected Andrews Labor Government to deliver the Phillip Island Community Hospital in Cowes.
- Country Race Clubs Will Be Winners under Liberal Nationals
Grassroots country racing clubs gets share of industry funding.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Unauthorised Building Works Result In Fines for Owner
Successful legal action by Latrobe City Council against a Morwell property owner
- School’s Back after Summer
School Zone speed limits are also back in effect
- Road Safety Boost for Sale Specialist School
Improving safety around the Sale Specialist School with electronic speed signs.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Activists Targeting Farms shouldn’t get ‘Charity’ Tax Benefits
The Liberal Nationals support the Federal Coalition Government’s bid to review Aussie Farms’ charity status and the Andrews Government should also get behind it.
- Labor Won’t Make Rates Fair for Farmers
If elected a Liberal Nationals Government wil make rates fair for farmers, prioritising an
independent review into farm rates in Victoria.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Tarwin Valley Primary School Upgrade a Step Closer
AOA Architects appointed to design a S500, 000 upgrade of the Tarwin Valley Primary School.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Lakes Entrance
$1 million towards an upgrade at St Brendan's School.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Traralgon
Massive upgrade to Traralgon (Kosciuszko Street) Primary School with a re-elected Andrews Local Government official.
- Free Text Books for Secondary School Students
Promise of new free textbooks for secondary schoold students if the Nationals get elected.
- Trout Stocking Bonanza for School Holidays
More than 30,000 catchable size rainbow trout stocked into almost 80 waters state-wide.
- Northe Calls for Improvements to Tyers School Crossing
Northe calls to enhance pedestrian safety at the Tyers Primary School crossing on Main Road.