Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council'Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021 s Wednesday 8 September ordinary meeting.
Warragul Streetscape community engagement - stage nine Queen Street
Council noted the Warragul CBD Streetscape Project Stage Nine - Queen Street Have Your Say (HYS) community consultation responses.
- Public toilet safety and accessibility requirements
- Conversion of outdoor dining area at 95 Queen Street to additional parking
- Placement of disabled parking bays
- Use of local artists to provide street art
- Use of native plant species
Council have approved the commencement of a detailed design, noting the following items for further investigation as part of the detailed design process.
Planning application PLA0015/21 - 92 Victoria Street, Warragul
Aged and Disability Services Transition - Home and Community Care Program for Younger People - Update
- Council noted that it is fully committed to make sure residents have ongoing access to a range of quality providers to access the services they need
- The State Government is changing the way it delivers the Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP) by consolidating the number of providers, designed to strengthen the system and provide more choice and flexibility to better meet the needs of consumers. This limits council's ability to continue delivering the current suite of services
- From 1 July 2022 Council will exit from delivered meals, home maintenance, volunteer social support and assessment services for the State funded HACC PYP, as well as the Flexible Carers respite program
Council moved an alternate motion to issue a Notice of Decision to refuse Planning Permit PLA0015/21, with the inclusion of the grounds for refusal.
Draft Warragul & Drouin design guidelines
Council noted the Draft Warragul & Drouin - Design Guidelines (Tract, August 2021) and have moved to undertake community consultation. Community Consultation will commence Thursday 23 September 2021 - Thursday 4 November 2021.
Planning and environment
Combined Planning Scheme Amendment and Planning Permit Application under Section 96A of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 - 28 and Part 63 Yarragon-Leongatha Road, Yarragon. Council moved a recommendation to;
- Agree to consider Permit Application PlnSA000000003
- Seek authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare Amendment C145 to the Baw Baw Planning Scheme and exhibit it with Permit Application PlnSA000000003
Prepare Amendment C145 to the Baw Baw Planning Scheme to:
- Rezone the land at 28 and Part 63 Yarragon-Leongatha Road, Yarragon from Farming Zone to Neighbourhood Residential Zone, Schedule 1 of the Baw Baw Planning Scheme
- Apply the Design and Development Overlay to the entirety of the subject site
- Apply the Heritage Overlay to "Deloraine" Part 63 Yarragon-Leongatha Road, Yarragon
Prepare a proposed permit for Planning Permit Application PlnSA000000003.
Place combined Amendment C145 and Permit Application PlnSA000000003 (including the proposed permit) on exhibition.
Flood Mapping planning scheme amendment
Council have authorised officers to:
- Seek authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare a Planning Scheme Amendment to amend the mapping that applies the Land Subject to Inundation Overlay and Floodway Overlay across the municipality
- Prepare the proposed amendment
- Exhibit the amendment in accordance with Section 19 of the Act
- Safe and sustainable environments - domestic animal management play 2021 - 2025
- Council approved the commencement of community consultation on the draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-2025
- Community Consultation will commence Thursday 9 September 2021 - Friday 8 October 2021
In line with COVID-19 restrictions across Victoria, Council will be limiting attendance of its Council meetings. Continuing with the Wednesday 15 September 2021 Council Meeting:
- Only essential officers and Councillors will attend Council Meetings
- There will be no public access/gallery attendance at Council Meetings
Meetings will remain available to the public via live stream, and community submissions can be made in writing. The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
New registration process and and fee structure for short stay accommodation in Bass Coast Shire
Over 40 not-for-profit community groups get $165,000 grants from Baw Baw Council's 2022/23 Community Development Grants program
Ageing Well in Wellington Shire a priority with community feedback open until 11 December 2022
Free Rapid Antigen Tests priority for high-risk community members from South Gippsland Council
Help for Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists to boost psychiatry workforce pledged for election by Victorian Liberal and Nationals
Nathan Hersey elected as Mayor and Clare Williams as Deputy Mayor for 2023 term at South Gippsland Shire Council
No boating activity allowed at Lake Glenmaggiee unless exempted by Southern Rural Water
Range of activities for Activism campaign in Latrobe City from 25 November to 10 December 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot 23 November 2022