Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Updates from the ouncil meeting held on 11 May 2022.
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 11 May council meeting.
Baw Baw Shire Council is increasing its transparency and community engagement by holding open community briefings
Planning and development
For Planning Application PLA0150/21 - 110 Hillbricks Road, Trafalgar, council moved an alternate recommendation to issue a notice of decision to grant a planning permit for planning application PLA0150/21 subject to conditions.
Strategy and performance
Loan Rollover Variation (extension) to existing Variable Loan of $4m to partly fund West Gippsland Arts Centre redevelopment. Council moved to:
- Endorse the Chief Executive Officer to accept and sign the Letter of Variation from the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) dated 22 April 2022, that extends the term of the current loan facility (ILF-2000828) $4 million for a period of 12 months from 20 June 2022 to 20 June 2023
- Endorse the Chief Executive Officer to accept and sign further extensions to this loan, without further council approval, up to and including 30 June 2026
Governance and information
Instrument of Appointment and Authorisation under the Planning and Environment Act 1987. In the exercise of the powers conferred by section 147 (4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, section 224 of the local government Act 1989 and section 313 of the local government Act 2020, Baw Baw Shire Council resolves that:
- The members of council staff referred to in the instrument be appointed and authorised as set out in the instrument
- The instrument comes into force immediately the common seal of council is affixed to the instrument, and remains in force until council determines to vary or revoke it
- In accordance with council's Governance Rules, the instrument be signed and sealed
Baw Baw Shire Council have reopened council meetings to members of the public. Bookings are encouraged. Please visit council meetings website to book.
All council meetings will be live-streamed, and archived recordings will be available on the council website for viewing. The agenda for the next meeting page will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest NewsEveryone please share and not overstay in car parking spaces requested by East Gippsland Shire Council
Andrews Labor government failed timber policy threatens significant job losses in Gippsland
Essential Services Commission (ESC) has started customer perception survey for East Gippsland Water
Latrobe City Council invests $3.95M in public lighting upgrades and solar panel installations across local facilities
Moe Revitalisation Project to have stage two completed by mid-December 2022
Visit the beautiful town of Jindivick in Gippsland and explore the surrounding area
Wildlife habitat for koalas at Grantville threatened to be destroyed by concrete giant Barro Group
Bass Coast Shire Council supports Activism against Gender-Based Violence campaign
Tips to help planet with recycling and improving sustainability over Christmas from East Gippsland Shire Council
World-renowned palaeontologists Pat Vickers-Rich and Tom Rich discuss Bass Coast Dinosaurs Trail in Inverloch