• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
By Portal Admin - 5th November 2018 - Back to News
Latrobe Valley cricketers will soon be able to hone their skills in a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence thanks to $500,000 in funding from the Andrews Labor Government.
Minister for Sport John Eren and Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing announced the project today, which has been made possible through the Labor Government’s Community Cricket Program – Regional Priority Projects.
The Gippsland Cricket Centre of Excellence will be built in partnership with Cricket Victoria and Cricket Australia at Moe’s Ted Summerton Reserve, further enhancing the reserve’s status as a key sporting hub of the Latrobe Valley.
The centre will include an indoor training facility with at least four wickets, female friendly and accessible change rooms and amenities, as well as administration and community space.
It will improve skill development and pathway programs for cricketers at all levels and will also make the reserve an attractive venue for touring national or international teams to use for games or training.
The reserve already features an upgraded oval, pavilion, basketball stadium, and plenty of parking.
This funding is part of the Labor Government’s strong commitment to sports and active recreation and encouraging all Victorians to get out there and get active.
Across Victoria we've invested more than $420 million in community sport and recreation facilities, and earlier this year provided almost half a billion dollars in the Victorian Budget 2018/19 to support sport and active recreation at all levels.
Mr Eren and Ms Shing acknowledged the financial contributions of the Latrobe Valley Authority, Latrobe City Council, Cricket Victoria and Cricket Australia.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Sport John Eren
"This investment will help Gippsland’s cricketers hone their skills and ensure Moe can attract major cricket teams to play matches or undertake training."
"This major development will lock in Moe as a cricket centre of excellence in Victoria."
"Sports clubs are the heart and soul of local communities – we’re giving Gippsland’s cricketers the facilities they need to reach their full potential."
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"This funding is yet another way this government is supporting the Latrobe Valley and ensuring its communities have the infrastructure they need."
"This cricket hub will not only be great for local teams and players, it will become a hub for visiting teams."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Funding Boosts Local Sports Clubs in Morwell Electorate
Get active as four local sporting clubs gets funded.
- Funding Extension for Council’s Rural Access Program
Support for disability with Building Inclusive Communities ‘Rural Access’ Program.
- Funding Helps Seal the Deal
Round two for multiple local road projects.
- More Funding Announced For Environment Volunteers in Eastern Victoria
Opening of the 2019-2020 Victorian Landcare Grant.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Great Local Ideas Secure Funding Through Pick My Project
vital funding through Pick My Project
- Local Moe Company Wins Manufacturer of the Year
Medium-sized business Manufacturer of the Year named.
- Pitch Perfect Start for Cricket Centre of Excellence
New Cricket Centre of Excellence at Ted Summerton Reserve now underway.
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- Newborough Bulldogs Score Upgraded Lighting
Newborough Bulldogs gets a funding boost.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Partnership for Latrobe Valley Skills
New partnership to prepare Latrobe Valley workers for upcoming jobs in the electric vehicle industry.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Morwell Rose Garden Festival Funding
A $100,000 Federal Government funding to expand the Morwell Rose Garden Festival.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Preventing Family Violence with Women’s Health Services
New funding to teach people how to call out sexism and create gender equality policies.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Boosting Community Safety in Traralgon
Funding for the Traralgon Reserves and Pathways Lighting Improvements project announced.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Continued Boost for Youth Crime Prevention
More funding to a vital youth crime prevention program.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.